main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[GEN] Icons Thread Version 4.0: A New Icon

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grilled-Sarlacc, Aug 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    <table background=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/background.gif width="100%"><tr><td width="100%">
    <marquee behavior=scroll loop=30 direction="up" scrolldelay=0.1 scrollamount=2><table align=center width="100%" bgcolor=black><tr><td><center>Icon Thread Version 4.0: A New Icon</center>

It is a period of icon civil war. Rebel icons, striking from the Communications forum, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Icon Empire.<br><br>During the battle, Rebel icon makers managed to steal secret plans to the Empire's ultimate weapon, the Icon Deleter, an armored thread station with enough power to destroy entire webpages of icons.<br><br>Pursued by the Empire's sinister agents, the icon makers of the JC race home aboard their starship, custodian of the stolen icon plans that can save the Rebel icons and restore small pictures of pixels to the boards...</td></tr></table></marquee></td></tr></table>
    <p>
    Welcome to the fourth installment of the Icon Submission thread!

Icon Size and Format
    ? Icons must be no larger than 50 x 50 or 90 x 30 pixels in total area, and need to be saved in .gif image format. The 90 x 30 are the new "widescreen" icon format.

Your Icon Webpage
    ? All Active Icon Artists must maintain a website to archive and advertise their icon work. This will help your fellow icon makers review your material, give constructive criticism, and for us to go back and search for potential icons for upload. Your icons must be clear representations of Star Wars images and lore. When you post your icon work to your website, please include a description of the icon so it is easily identified.

JC Icon Familiarity
    ? As an Icon Artist here at the JC, it is advised that you become familiar with the icons currently uploaded. We have quite a few categories with many, many icons. Being conscious of what has already been uploaded and what gaps we have in coverage will help you when deciding how to be original and maybe perfect an existing icon that could use replacement.

Spoiler Images
    ? Images from magazines, the Official Star Wars Site (non-Hyperspace), released images from Lucasfilm, and from the TFN main Ep3 news page are acceptable for use to create icons that will be considered for upload. Any leaked images from promo packs, the Hyperspace section of the Official Site, and images from Spy Reports are not acceptable until either Episode III has been released in theaters -or- those images have become public knowledge and fit into one of the acceptable categories.

Important Links
    ? Active Icon Artists
    ? Icon Making for Dummies: A Tutorial
    ? JC Icon Menu
    ? JC Icon Possibilities Page

A few words from the JC Icon Manager...

The current Icon Manager is <a href="/user.asp?usr=444400"><span style="color: teal;font-weight: bold;font-style: normal;background-color: lightcyan;text-decoration: none;border: 1px solid teal;">Grilled-Sarlacc</span></a>

I. Purpose
    ? First and foremost, this thread is a community, a "hobby thread". It is a place for icon artists to post and share their work with others and critique the work that they see - which helps everyone create the best icons they can.

II. Active Icon Artists
    ? Everyone is welcome to participate in this community and create icons. After a certain length of time creating and posting icons, one can be given the title of "Active Icon Maker". There is no set date or period length for which you gain this status. It is just a decision that is made when the time is right. And when it happens, I will post the announcement.

? Other than gaining a cool title under your username, being an Active Icon Maker means that you are now a voting member of the icon community. You will then have the right to vote on what gets uploaded to the JC. Regular icon makers or infrequent icon makers cannot vote. Newcomers may one day gain that status, but understand that with time comes experience and priveleges. All it takes is active participation in the community and continued icon making, and rest assured, you will gain Active

2. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    First post!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. 8-}

My icons.

3. Lobot_Omy

Lobot_Omy Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 2001
    There's a scrolling thingy-ma-bopper at the top of the post! [face_shocked]

4. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    Yea, isn't that cool? It took me 4 tries to read the whole thing though. Not exactly a fast reader today.

Great job G-S!

5. Emperor_Joe

Emperor_Joe Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    Do you really have to have a webpage?

6. Lobot_Omy

Lobot_Omy Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 2001
    It helps.

7. GabeC

GabeC Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 28, 2000
    Nice opening post, man. :cool:

I'm no longer active, but i just can't resist plugging my babies on this here first page.

Gabe's Icons.

8. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    cool! awsome scrolling text! :D :cool:

9. Frank_Palpatine

Frank_Palpatine TFN Video Encoder • JC Icon Artist star 4 VIP

Mar 29, 2002
  10. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001

Looks like the Mods have a good use for being able to use HTML in their posts after all... [face_mischief]

Great Work GS. :cool:

My Icons

11. skywalker325

skywalker325 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Is it just me, or is this scroll thing I'm hearing about not working? All I read is the first line: "A New Icon..." and the rest I have to highlight to see. :confused:

12. padawanskywalker

padawanskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    Finally!A new thread!

13. han_solo_321

han_solo_321 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2002
  14. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
  15. OBIX1

Oct 7, 2002
  16. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    skywalker325, refresh your browser and see if the scroll text works for you now. :)

And here come the icons...

17. DarkWoman

DarkWoman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Just dropping by to say:

Woo-ha! Love the actually scrolling text G-S. :D

No new icons for now, I'm a bit busy with my secret (or not so secret) plans on completely revamping my FanForce's site (don't bother clicking on the link for the FF in my sig, the redirect isn't pointing to the new stuff yet :p).

[james earl jones on cnn mode]This useless message was brought to you by DarkWoman.[/james earl jones on cnn mode]

Btw, if anyone'd like to check out my icons: DarkWoman's icon page.

18. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
  19. FlamingSword

FlamingSword Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
  20. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Good upload G-S :)

21. OBIX1

Oct 7, 2002
    cool,my R2 icon got uploaded! :D

22. nashira

nashira Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2002
  23. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    G-S, you are awesome.

24. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
  25. han_solo_321

han_solo_321 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    10 New Icons

I fixed up my site a bit. I am makeing my icons on Photoshop now!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.