[GEN] Icons Thread Version 5: The Icons Strike Back

Discussion in 'Communications' started by nashira, Jun 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. nashira Manager Emeritus

star 4
    <table background=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/background.gif width="100%"><tr><td width="100%">
    <marquee behavior=scroll loop=30 direction="up" scrolldelay=0.1 scrollamount=2><table align=center width="100%" bgcolor=black><tr><td><center><font color="yellow"><b>Icon Thread Version 5.0: The Icons Strike Back</center> <p>

It is a dark time for the Icon Makers. Although the Icon Deleter has been destroyed, Galactic troops have driven the Icon Makers from their hidden base and pursued them across the internet.<br><p>

Evading the Galactic Starfleet, a group of artists has established a new possibilities page on the remote ISP of Earthlink.<br><p>

The evil lord Darth Deleter, obsessed with destroying all icons, has dispatched thousands of remote probe droids into the far reaches of webspace...
    </b></font></td></tr></table></marquee></td></tr></table><br>
    Welcome to the fifth installment of the Icon Submission thread! <br><p>

Icon Size and Format <br>
    ? Icons must be no larger than 50 x 50 or 90 x 30 pixels in total area, and need to be saved in .gif image format. The 90 x 30 are the new "widescreen" icon format.

<p>

Your Icon Webpage <br>
    ? All Active Icon Artists must maintain a website to archive and advertise their icon work. This will help your fellow icon makers review your material, give
    constructive criticism, and for us to go back and search for potential icons for upload. Your icons must be clear representations of Star Wars images and lore. When you post your icon work to your website, please include a description of the icon so it is easily identified. <p>

JC Icon Familiarity <br>
    ? As an Icon Artist here at the JC, it is advised that you become familiar with the icons currently uploaded. We have quite a few categories with many, many icons.

Being conscious of what has already been uploaded and what gaps we have in coverage will help you when deciding how to be original and maybe perfect an existing icon that could use replacement. <p>

Spoiler Images <br>
    ? Images from magazines, the Official Star Wars Site (<b>non-Hyperspace</b>), released images from Lucasfilm, and from the TFN main Ep3 news page are acceptable for use to create icons that will be cosidered for upload. Any leaked images from promo packs, the Hyperspace section of the Official Site, and images from Spy Reports are not acceptable until either Episode III has been released in theaters -or- those images have become public knowledge and fit into one of the acceptable categories. <p>

Important Links <br>
    ? <a href=http://www.tendra217.ca/IconMakers.html>Active Icon Artists</a><br>
    ?<a href=http://www.pxart.com/starwars/dummies/index.html> Icon Making for Dummies: A Tutorial </a><br>
    ? <a href=http://boards.theforce.net/user_icons.asp>JC Icon Menu </a><br>
    ? <a href=http://night4554.com/jc/icons/index.php>JC Icon Possibilities Page </a><br><p>

A few words from the JC Icon Manager... <p>

The current Icon Manager is <a href="/user.asp?usr=702667"><span style="color: dimgray;font-weight: bold;font-style: normal;background-color:lightsteelblue;text-decoration: none;border: 1px solid dimgray;">nashira</span></a> <p>

I. Purpose <br>
    ? First and foremost, this thread is a community, a "hobby thread". It is a place for icon artists to post and share their work with others and critique the work that they see - which helps everyone create the best icons they can. <p>

II. Active Icon Artists <br>
    ? Everyone is welcome to participate in this community and create icons. After a certain length of time creating and posting icons, one can be given the title of "Active Icon Maker". There is no set date or period length for which you gain this status. It is just a decision that is made when the time is right. And when it happens, I will post the announcement. <p>

? Other than gaining a cool title under your username, being an Active Icon Maker means that you are now a voting member of the icon community. You will then
    have the right to vote on what gets uploaded to the JC. Regular icon makers
  2. odj_310388 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  3. Wes_Janson Jedi Youngling

star 5
  4. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling

star 6
  5. C-3PX Force Ghost

star 6
  6. Gayjedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Sorry for my absense, I've had a lot to deal with over the past few months. I have some pictures that someone wanted to be made into icons, I'll get round to actually making them when I have some software installed again. If anyone has any suggestions for icons I could make, just let me know.
  7. OBIX1 Force Ghost

star 6
    Awsome,new thread!

*1 New*:D

EDIT:

My Votes,

Row 1:eek:ld Ben,Cordes Death,Trooper Shooting.
    Row 2:eek:bi-Wan,Cloud City Leia,E2 Padme,Fett Art.
    Row 3:All.

8. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Here's my votes for the newly added icons.

WIDESCREEN FORMAT ICON VOTES:
    Row 1: General Grievous

REGULAR FORMAT ICON VOTES:
    Row 1: George Lucas, General Grievous
    />
  9. gabe Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    dudes, you totally gotta use this image to make awesome icons:
    [image=http://www.idontfear.com/episode3/tempfile/grandegrievous.jpg]

I want one of his eye... It owns so bad! :cool:
  10. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling

star 6
    I was going to make some icons from it, but i decided not to. I did make a wallpaper from it, though.
  11. Master-Kenobi Force Ghost

star 5
  12. OBIX1 Force Ghost

star 6
    gabe:I think there's an icon just like that on the possabilities page right now. :)
  13. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    odj_310388...can yo upossibly do a WIDESCREEN version of that one (Luke igniting his ROTJ lightsaber)? I'd like to have either that or a widescreen of the one I currently have.

Clonetroopers in a firefight is pretty awesome as well!

14. Wes_Janson Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Gabe theres 2 of that on the possibilties page now.

Also, what do y'all think of this ?

[image=http://home.earthlink.net/~mhs7603/Icons/npg/TenelKaSaber-Wes.gif]

Remember, Ive updated twice in the past 2 days, so look at the top 2 threads on my icon page. Im mentioning this casue there have been less page views than normal in the day or so after an update (page counters are lovley :p )
  15. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus

star 5
    New thread! Sweet. :D Nice job, nashira! =D=

Okey dokey...my votes. :D

Row 1:- Old Ben Kenobi

Row 2:- Cloud City Leia, Episode 2 Padmé

Row 3:- Padmé, Fett art, Vader art

/>
  16. odj_310388 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    odj_310388...can yo upossibly do a WIDESCREEN version of that one (Luke igniting his ROTJ lightsaber)? I'd like to have either that or a widescreen of the one I currently have.

I want one of his eye... It owns so bad!

They are in my new update...

4 New
  17. Ph0enix Jedi Master

star 4
    Take a whiff of that new thread smell...

My computer's broken for the moment and my new batch of icons is stuck on it. It should be back up in about a day, so I think I'll vote in the meantime...

My Votes:
    ALL :D

Praise later when new batch is posted, but they all look very good!

18. BaronFel88 Jedi Grand Master

star 7
  19. -SummerMendocino- Jedi Master

star 3

Would I be able to ask for some more Keira Knightley icons? *smiles sweetly*

Pretty Please? :)

Sorry for butting in, but I didn't know where else to
    take this request. :)

Summer :*

20. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Thanks odj_310388! SO do I have like some kinda "I'm an RSA...I want that icon" authority here? Can someone please load the Luke (widescreen) sail barge icon for me? pleeeeeease! :D

I like them both...but the first one rocks!

BARONFEL88, love the Natalie Portman icons! (left-right) 1, 4, and 7 are especially nice on the eyes!
  21. BaronFel88 Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Heh, thanks Krash. I hope you can influence the decision process. ;)
  22. mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA

star 4
    I know I haven't done anything new in a while (stupid DRL!) but I thought I'd shamelessly plug myself in the *new & improved* thread!

Plug here! See my plug? Plug plug!

Oh yeah, and a votes!

90x30"
    R1: Old Ben Kenobi, Trooper Shooting

50x50:
    R2: Cloud City Leia, E2 Padmè, Replacement?
    R3:padmè, Queen Amidala art, Vader art, George Lucas

ps: Keep up the Great job nashira!!
  23. Wes_Janson Jedi Youngling

star 5
    I'll plug animated icons
    [image=http://home.earthlink.net/~mhs7603/FO/slashtest.gif] [image=http://home.earthlink.net/~mhs7603/TK_Disarm4.gif]

And repost my last few updates.

Most recent

two

three

four

five

EDIT

NM, it isnt broken. Just that stupid new link system
  24. Master-Kenobi Force Ghost

star 5
  25. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Good work. Keira's lookin' fine as usual. ;)

Krash, it really depends on nashira at this point. I'd guess you could "promote" some icons, but i'd only think as far as the Possibilities page. That takes away from our whole Democracy of voting to just upload it straight onto the board.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.