main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[GEN] Icons Thread Version 5: The Icons Strike Back

Discussion in 'Communications' started by nashira, Jun 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
  2. ConcordDawn

ConcordDawn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Awesome DVD art icons. Only a few more days to go!

Thanks, Bria! I know, it's so exciting. I ordered mine last April from Amazon.com, and finally they're arriving on Tuesday. Don't expect to see me on TFN much next week, i'll be watching the 10 hours of special features. :)

you know, i dont really blame nashira, i used to mod at a very active star wars rping site, and i got to the point where i wanted to live my life instead so i just ignored my fellow nerds and didnt care, this is either the case for nashira, or she i just holding a hateful grudge against you. these really are good quality icons, the last post you made. now i admit wes is a pain in the ass with the multitude of tenel ka icons that are almost all the same damn thing, but these last ones are actually good, there are a lack of yjk icons so at least give them a chance. or be a hateful hateful mod that makes everyone miss GS even more

This is completely uncalled for. Nashira would be a bad mod if she did accept icons just because people like you are pushing them on her. There's a reason she hasn't accepted those icons, and it's got nothing to do with being "hateful".

3. Wes_Janson

Wes_Janson Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 17, 2004
    How is it uncalled for ?

And why should we have respect for Nashira as icon manager, when she started out by insulting icon artists in general (at least those that disagreed with her) then editing her comments out once called on the issue.

4. _-Darth_Greek-_

_-Darth_Greek-_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 11, 2003
    damnit, both of you dont start, i dont care if im banned but you two actually contribute so wes shutup and sty calm

5. ConcordDawn

ConcordDawn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    How is it uncalled for ? And why should we have respect for Nashira as icon manager, when she started out by insulting icon artists in general (at least those that disagreed with her) then editing her comments out once called on the issue.

It is uncalled for because no one should call the icon manager a "hateful, hateful mod" for not picking icons they like. If they really want to get those icons uploaded, perhaps they should support it in a more positive way, because being confrontational is not going to help at all.

As for the aforementioned events, I cannot comment on them because I was not here at the time, but in the limited period I have been here I've seen nothing wrong with Nashira's managerial skills.

And now, on a slightly more upbeat note: 5 New Icons!

6. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004
    How is criticizing the icon manager so bad ?

If the cririzism is actualy lisetnd to, then it could result in a better icon system.

Yet the manager seems content to ignore everyone........

And constructive ? What do you call multiple users, and even a mod, posting that they loved an icon ?

Seems that the icon system is the problem, it's content to pkay politics rather than try to give the users icons that they want.

7. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    Wes, please don't start this, at least not in the icon thread. Can't you start a new thread?

This really isn't helping.

8. DanakinSkywalker

DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2003
    Is the new "Skywalker lightsaber" widescreen icon showing up at 50x50 size for anyone else?

9. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Is the new "Skywalker lightsaber" widescreen icon showing up at 50x50 size for anyone else?

Yep, it's all stubby!

10. DanakinSkywalker

DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2003
    Figured I'd do one quick update before I glue myself to my OT DVDs tonight...SEVEN NEW.

11. Lusa_Thul

Lusa_Thul Jedi Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    Ah, clever! Thanks Wes!

12. nashira

nashira Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2002
    Wes, I deleted those comments because I said some things which I shouldn't have, to which you replied. We went over that in pm, where I apologized, remember?

If you want to gripe about me, go <a href=http://betaboards.theforce.net/Communications/b10006/16671709/?113>here</a> there's a whole thread on it. But as you'll see, very few are unhappy with me.

Now as far as EU icons go, the EU is great. It's also <i>by far</i> the largest icon category. It almost has more icons than the entire OT movies combined. I really fail to see a need for that many more EU icons, especially when they're all variations on the same theme.

If you have more to say to me, take it to the other thread or pm me.

13. Csillan_girl

Csillan_girl Jedi Master star 5

May 6, 2003
    Hi everyone!!

I normally don't post here, but I tend to lurk in this thread quite a lot to take a look at your creations. About the EU icons: of course, there are already many of them, but I've nevertheless got a wish for a special icon: I quite like the one with the Chiss woman I'm currently using - but it's the only one with a female Chiss!! What about a little variety?? Perhaps one of you could make another one (I'd like to do it myself, but I don't know how)? I don't know if this is the right place for special requests, but please consider it - you would make me very happy!! ;)

14. Aanalasi_Heltonis

Aanalasi_Heltonis Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2004
    5 NEW

So what's the chances of someone's icons getting nominated? Forgive me is this has been asked before, but who chooses?

15. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004
    Nashira's the only one that picks what gets voted on.

And if one she doesnt like actualy gets votes, it gets replaced with another.

16. Kinobe

Kinobe Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2003
    I had an icon that had a few votes replaced by someone elses back when Grilled Sarlacc was icon manager. It's not something that started to happen when Nashira took over, so I think it's unfair to attack Nashira for that.

17. Theron

Theron Jedi Master star 4

Oct 23, 2000
    I've found only two female chiss that is not fanart, (one I've already made) the other is in one of the SW Gamer magazine's. I think issue 5. I'll make an icon of it if no one else gets a chance to.

Although I have made these a while back.

[image=http://therontsc.freeservers.com/sevrance_tann5_eu_theron.gif]

[image=http://therontsc.freeservers.com/sevrance_tann3_eu_theron.gif]

[image=http://therontsc.freeservers.com/sevrance_tann_eu_theron.gif]

[image=http://therontsc.freeservers.com/femalechiss_eu_theron.gif]

18. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004
    Heres the only Chiss icon Ive done.

[image=http://67.18.37.17/663/38/pip/redeyes.gif]

19. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    Well, I've made a few Chiss female icons, which you can find on my site here, in the EU section. I don't know if they have ever been up for vote.

If not, please feel free to use them for other message boards and messenger systems-just as long as you download them and upload them to your OWN site, and give me credit.

I sometimes redo certain icons of mine, if they're older and I'm not crazy about them, or just for a different look. I figure, they're there if people want them, if not, no harm done.

BTW, nashira, if you need any help, I'm available.

20. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    And if one she doesnt like actualy gets votes, it gets replaced with another.

Oh god PLEASE dont bring that up again.

Anyway, back on topic...

4 New

21. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    I Just Want More Nemoidan Icons..... You Know What I'm Talking About?

22. Csillan_girl

Csillan_girl Jedi Master star 5

May 6, 2003
    Wow, I didn't expect so many responses!! Cool stuff, I hope some of them get chosen!!

I especially like the first one of yours, Guin!!

I'll just hope and wait - and fade back into the shadows... ;)

23. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002

>>> 8 New Icons <<<

First update since school started. ;)

24. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I don't stop in here often, but occasionally I click people's links in sigs. I've been looking at your stuff lately however, and I must say, nice work. :)

No.

25. Master-Kenobi

Master-Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2002
    nice icons Theron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.