main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[GEN] Icons Thread Version 5: The Icons Strike Back

Discussion in 'Communications' started by nashira, Jun 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    Vassago - Nice job! You've got the hang of it. :)

netpadawan - Nice icons. They all look great!

What happened to nashira?? Is she a Mod any more? Her name looks like a VIP...

2. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Her title indicates she is no longer a Moderator.

3. darthkermit

darthkermit Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2003
    I am so new to this whole thing it hurts. I only have one icon to offer and it's mainly because I wanna use it for myself because it fits my username above all others I've seen. But ya know... this gets kind of addicting... I just might have to get into this!

Check it out here. That's all that on the page, at least for now.

So may I please have it? :)

4. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    kermit ... Very nice icon, did you do the Lightsaber Effect yourself?

As far as getting your Icon uploaded ... it has to be selected by nashira (who at the moment appears to have stepped down) and then once it is selected we here Icon Artist vote for it. If your icon passes a certain amount of votes then it is uploading into the JC Database. So we'll see where your Icon ends up.

:)

5. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    Hey guys.

Nashira has officially stepped down as BOTH JCC moderator and icon manager, permantently. Currently, we're not sure who will fill the position for icon Manager, but it will be determined soon.

6. darthkermit

Oct 28, 2003
    Obi -

Thanks! I was pretty excited about it! I've done lightsabers before, but no, not this time. I just adjusted the color of it like I did for the robe. I just used my current icon added the vader mask and tweaked the colors appropriately. Is that legal? ;)

I PMed nashira and she said to post it here to submit it, so ... I guess she'll ... check it?

7. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    I PMed nashira and she said to post it here to submit it, so ... I guess she'll ... check it?

It looks like she wont be checking it now as she has steped down but once a new person is appointed then i'm sure they will check it.

8. darthkermit

Oct 28, 2003
    Hmmm, well, ok. I guess I'll just have to wait or something! I wonder why she told me to post it then? I guess somebody will get to it ... sometime. It's better than never!

9. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Wow, that's too bad about Nashira. :(

Dubya-Thanks again! I really appreciate the feedback. O:)

Just a small update...again. [face_mischief] Sorry if update too much, but I do have a lot of free time. The day is still young ( :p ) so I may get another update in. Check it out, if you'd be so kind.

Icon Update

Thanks again for the feedback, I greatly appreciate it. And thanks in advance for checking out the site. :)

-Vassago

10. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    Oh wow, it will be another period of transition for the Icons. I hope that we can do well to smooth it out for next Icon Manager, whoever that will be. We need to all give the mods whatever assistance they need during this phase. :)

nashira, it's a shame to see you go. You did an awesome job following G-S. May whatever you do now be enjoyable for you.

11. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    Hmmm... So we put the Icon stuff on hold yet AGAIN, eh? :(

12. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    Er...did anybody see my icons? I'm trying to get better at making them and I'd sort of appreciate the feedback...

13. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    On the contrary, I suggest you keep making your icons. Keep them together on one page, sort of a page made just for this transitional period. When the mods decide on a new Icon Manager, he/she could be able to look through your Transitional Pages and compile a large update to make up for the down time. :)

By the way, you guys have been making a lot of good icons lately. :cool:

14. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    Yeah you guys don't need to stop making icons, just be patient as we try to figure out what to do.

15. Wes_Janson

Wes_Janson Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 17, 2004
    May I propose an idea ?

Rather than have a centralized system with a single mod in charge, we switch to a direct voting system.

You can submit up to five icons directly to the vote page per week, 2 of your own and three from other peoples updates.

Have voting just work like it is now.

This way, you chose what you think was your best, and/or the best that others did so that a more broad range of icons is likley to be slected.

16. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    I think that's an interesting idea Wes.

But I think it would be even better if we could just limit the number of submissions per week from each artist, and then the artist can just select the very best from their collection each week.

If some artists submit icons that are worse than other artists', they just won't get voted on or seleted.

An artist could resubmit the same 5 icons every wek if they felt like it.

This way we could upload a set number every week (unless there was some strange thign with a dry spell of icons) and keep things on a regular pace and limited.

Anyone else have other ideas?

EDIT: The reason for all the edits is that I am just trying to figure out how things are working here and what would be best. Seriously, if you have ideas, send me a PM or IM.

17. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Sad to see you go Nashira. Hope everything is ok.

Yane, nice icons :) Glad to see you've come back to the icon side :p

PM on the way droideka.

18. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    I think we should keep the system as it is now. As they say, if its not broken dont fix it. And the voting page is a big enough change anyway.

19. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    Hmm... Actually the thing about every Artist picking their very best from their latest update doesn't sound too bad of an idea. [face_thinking]

20. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    Thanks, Kartanym.

That was reallé weird though because I went back to the first page of this thread and it all of a sudden was different! nashira's change must've been reallé recent.

"If it's baroque, don't fix it." -Beauty & the Beast

I sort of agree with odj_310388 there.

21. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    New Icons-I made a new one of Siri Tachi and one of the Padme picnic shot that was requested.

nashira's stepped down? :(

22. Ph0enix

Ph0enix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2002
    I actually think Wes's idea isn't a bad one...
    It would work if it was limited to a certain extent. We can't have say 20 icon artists submitting 5 each a week. That'd add up to be way too many. 1 or 2 a week would work much better, IMO.

Bummer about nashira. She did a great job picking up where GS left off...

23. Wes_Janson

Wes_Janson Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 17, 2004
    Im not saying let icon artists pick what icons of theirs get uploaded, but rather let them pick what they see as the cream of their icon crop and let the other's with the tittle (oh, wait....) vote on said picked icons in a manner essently the same has been done before.

Droidika said...--But I think it would be even better if we could just limit the number of submissions per week from each artist, and then the artist can just select the very best from their collection each week.--

But thats exactly what I suggested.

Wes said.....-- You can submit up to five icons directly to the vote page per week, 2 of your own and three from other peoples updates.

Under my idea, you could only submit two of your own icons per week. The other three would be from other artists updates.

24. Ph0enix

Ph0enix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2002
    I understand, but that's still up to 100 icons on the voting page per week...

25. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    I meant 5 per person, you meant 2 per person, wes. there was still a difference.

well 100 is far to many to put up on the voting, but you could still have the icon manager selecting the best out of those 100.

Or just limit it to 2 per artist.

There are just HUGE amounts being submitted from what i have seen these last few weeks, and I don't know how anyone could adequately judge 100s of icons to find, say, the top 20. Very hard to do. Icon Artists should only submit their very best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.