main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[GEN] If you have a technical error, log it in here.

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Gandalf the Grey, Jul 15, 2003.

1. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    Just use this thread to report errors; don't comment on other peoples errors. This is so we'll have a list of errors to report to IGN.

All posts that are not to report errors will be deleted. Only report errors within 24 hours of them happening, please. Try to include as much information as you have (any message that pops up, for example).

2. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I just tried to post a reply in 3SA and it kept taking me back to Jedi council Forums menu :confused:.

Then it couldn't find this board the first time I tried to get to it.

3. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    I clicked on someone's profile and got an error saying the user cannot be found and it linked me to the User Search page.

Amazing.

4. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    There's been several times when I went to make a post and it would give me the "Board Cannot be Found" error back at the main page.

5. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Three errors where I would post and the message would disappear completely and take me back to the JC Main Page with "Board Not Found".

One error where I read a PM and it was marked as unread still.

One error where I clicked to read a PM and, even though it marked it as read, said "Private Message Not Found". I later read the PM from its link in "Read Messages".

One error where I posted a message and it was recorded, but then when I went to edit the message and it disappeared, taking me back to the JC Main Page with "Message Not Found".

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

6. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    my PM's said 3 new and when I checked it there were none there. Thats about all for me

7. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    I just got the plaintext page. You know, white background, black text, the default IE links.

8. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    While trying to view users online:

240 users out of

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch: 'FormatNumber'

/users_online.asp, line 62

Then about 30 seconds later trying to post in the AotC forum:

Error: Invalid post attempt. Please try again. Referrer: http://boards.theforce.net/post.asp?brd=10001&topic=12422286

Edit: So I post this, then try to post in AotC again, and get this:

Error: Only 1 message post per minute is allowed.

;)

9. JediJeffro

JediJeffro Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 23, 2001
    "Cannot Find Server" error. And it ain't a problem on my end.

10. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Tried adding a post to the CTF and got this error:
    Jedi Council Forums » The Star Wars Films » Classic Trilogy »
    Error: System Error &H80004005 (-2147467259). Unspecified error Source: SnowBoards

Please contact the system administrator about these errors here.

It did actually post even though it gave me the error as if it didn't. It just took a very long time and if I wasn't familiar with this error, I could've ended up double posting.

11. Maulfly

Oct 23, 2001
    Ok, just attempted to post in the Welcome forum. When I hit post, after a long time it finally kicked me out to the main index page with a little note about not being able to find the message. I checked, it hadn't posted anything. It worked properly the second time I tried to post.

12. nashira

nashira Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2002
    tried to send a pm:

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'
    Script timed out
    /pm_send.asp
    The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.

13. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Just tried to post in my fan force and got this one.

Error: System Error &H80004005 (-2147467259). Unspecified error Source: SnowBoards

Please contact the system administrator about these errors here.

14. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I tried to post some minutes ago at my FF.
    I hit the reply button and after a very long time I got either the message "the board could not be found" or "it was removed by a moderator". (I had to try it several times.)

After that I was happy when I could post, but then the post disappeared and I have the same difficulties as above to post again.

If I will have this or some other errors again, I will copy the error message and post it here, too.

Oh, and today I got the error without an error message "error: "

15. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    I'm not sure whether this is an error per se, but I managed to subvert OPPM earlier today...

I posted a message on EU Community, and absently mindededly hit post on a message for YJCC a few minutes later, then I had a look at both pages, and both messages had posted, despite me hitting post on them within seconds of each other...

Are the boards finally starting to lose it? How was I able to do that?

//sees Gandy's "Don't comment on other people's errors"...

OK. I'll try to figure it out later...

16. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    I'm not sure if this qualifies as an error, but the last time I visited the AOTC forum a few minutes ago, the board color had changed from the new blue version that goes with the new banner to the old gold color that went with the old "The Force.Net" banner.

Also, in Census, the last time I was there, the top banner could not be seen, and was completely black.

17. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Its gone now, but a moment ago, the whole Comms board went back to the old color. None of the banners/images would show up, and when I tried to go to the dropdown menu, I got this error:

The requested document /index.html was not found on this server. This could be for a variety of reasons, including:
    You followed a broken or out-of-date link.
    You entered the URL incorrectly.
    The file no longer exists.
    If you followed a broken link, please inform the owner of the referring document.
    If you have any queries about this error, please e-mail sysadmin@snowball.com.
    Document: /index.html | Remote host: 151.203.200.38 | Server time: Wednesday, 16-Jul-03 18:25:56 PDT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to www.theforce.net homepage

;) That can't be good. 8-}

18. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm getting a lot of invalid post attempts, especally on longer posts.

19. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
  20. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I only clicked your link and didn't research this yet. But changing the banner is something any manager or higher can do via the admin tool set. So I see this as something that someone intentionally did, rather than a board error.

21. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    While clicking a link in the JCC
    Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'

Script timed out

/Default.asp

The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.

22. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    While using the dropdown menu to get to saga fan fic board. I got two errors:

The page cannot be displayed
    There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Open the cgi.theforce.net home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
    Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Click Search to look for information on the Internet.
    You can also see a list of related sites.

HTTP 500 - Internal server error
    Internet Explorer

and

Document not found
    The requested document /index.html was not found on this server. This could be for a variety of reasons, including:
    You followed a broken or out-of-date link.
    You entered the URL incorrectly.
    The file no longer exists.
    If you followed a broken link, please inform the owner of the referring document.
    If you have any queries about this error, please e-mail sysadmin@snowball.com.
    Document: /index.html | Remote host: 205.188.209.46 | Server time: Friday, 18-Jul-03 09:41:57 PDT

Back to www.theforce.net homepage

23. Maulfly

Oct 23, 2001
    It could've just been me, but it seemed the boards went down, giving me only "The page cannot be found" messages.

I noticed that I was having trouble getting that throughout the day, especially if I tried looking at profiles of the user online list. Also, the pages seemed to take forever to load, nearly timing out.

24. Kimball_Kinnison

Kimball_Kinnison Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2001
    I had that problem, too. I could not get a solid connection.

I tried a traceroute, and it dropped off after the server at csr01-ve240.sntc04.exodus.net [216.34.2.218].

I had the same problem last night and it dropped off at the same server.

Kimball Kinnison

25. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    If I try to reload a thread at my FF a moment ago, I got that message:

"The message/s you requested could not be found or have been removed by a moderator.

Error: Timeout expired Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server [SnowBoards.DBHelper] RunSPReturnRS(sp_get_messages, ...) | boards.theforce.net [HNSC4AWEB6 version 2.3.52] [SnowBoards.Message] GetMessages(...) | boards.theforce.net [HNSC4AWEB6 version 2.3.52]"

Should we post everytime we get a (similar) error or only every "new" error?

Edit:
    The same thing above when I hit "You can view your newly posted message here."-Button.

And after reloading again the page was shown correctly but at the bottom there was:

"Error: Timeout expired Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server [SnowBoards.DBHelper] RunSPReturnRS(sp_get_system_styles, ...) | boards.theforce.net [HNSC4AWEB4 version 2.3.60] [SnowBoards.System] GetSystemStyles(...) | boards.theforce.net [HNSC4AWEB4 version 2.3.60]"

And after reading and answering all PMs, I got this again...

"Error: Timeout expired Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server [SnowBoards.DBHelper] RunSPReturnRS(sp_get_system_styles, ...) | boards.theforce.net [HNSC4AWEB5 version 2.3.52] [SnowBoards.System] GetSystemStyles(...) | boards.theforce.net [HNSC4AWEB5 version 2.3.52]"