main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[GEN] If you have a technical error, log it in here.

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Gandalf the Grey, Jul 15, 2003.

1. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    I just got the attack site warning from FF as well. Using IE to post here.

2. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    count me in on the attack site dealio. loads of fun having this happen again.

3. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002
    me too, from Safari

4. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I got the warning with Firefox running on a PC, and later on Safari running on a Mac.

Make theforce.net well again, people!

5. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Using IE (I know!)

AVG virus checker has the JCC as a Phishing page.
    No other pages appear to be affected

6. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Another number to add to those getting the attack; the-imageshack.com/ & human-nature.org/ are the two domains it tells me it's coming from. Running a Windows XP machine with Firefox. Cleared the cache and had no effect. Am accessing the boards from IE now and I get no such warning.

7. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I ran into the problem in The Arena and the first page of this forum, but not reading this thread.

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'm getting it in Firefox as well. We're looking into it.

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Update - we've informed Philip Wise and Anthony about the problem, and we've swapped the JC boards to Grimby's bare-bones banner. Most of the Fan Force boards should be OK as they don't use the new banner code.

If you're still seeing warnings on individual boards and they haven't been switched please let us know.

10. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    I still get the warnings on Firefox on Windows. Had to switch over to Linux to post this.

Here's the google analysis of the site, in case it helps.

11. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Currently seeing warnings on boards with the barebones layout, including Comms.

Browser is Safari 5.0.3.

12. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    I'm still seeing it too.

Firefox 3.6.12 for OSX 10.6.5.

13. Harpoo

Harpoo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2006
    Still getting warnings on Chroms, FF, and IE.

14. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    It looks like its the same person/people/bot/ect as the last time, using the same vulnerability. The trojan warning that I got had only had detection available for it for a couple of months so these are up up-to-date attacks.

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Anthony/TFN has emailed me to say that they've cleaned it off the server. However, you'll still see the 'attack site' warnings til Google says we're clean again.

16. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    My Norton Virus Protection website report still has it listed as a caution site. It says something about three threats listed as "drive by downloads." I'll attach a link to the reports for you should you need it.

http://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?url=http:%2F%2Fboards.theforce.net%2FPostForms%2FPostReply.aspx%3Fbrd=10006%26topic=12420249

^This link should work.

EDIT: Weird thing happened, for a literal 2 seconds, my Norton taskbar showed this site as safe, then it switched it back to caution. Don't know if that means anything or not.

17. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    AVG just told me it's a potential phising site

18. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Just got it again, here it is.

19. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    You're going to keep getting those until Google crawls the boards again and realizes the malicious code has been removed.

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I too am getting the same message as katana and since I run PC virus scans daily and don't get this with any other frequently visited site -- I knew it was an issue either with the JC or AVG [face_thinking] :confused:

Glad to know my Pc's clean. :D

21. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Got another AVG alert, this time another virus, not just a phising warning. I'm logging out and not logging back in.

22. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Not sure if this is a technical error or an odd change, but what's with the directory at the top being in a list now?

23. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    There a way to turn this off in Firefox?

24. Jaden1138

Jaden1138 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Wow, I thought I had a virus! It started at Firefox...It says:

Reported Attack Page!

This web page at boards.theforce.net has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack pages try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack pages intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

Then it gives an option to ignore it but then goes to a page after you ignore it:
    www.stopbadware.org

(I did not put the entire URL on there, that is just the main part.)

THEN, I went to IE and thought everything was fine but noticed that some lines of text are jumbled on top of other lines of text in some of the posts. THEN, I started getting similar warnings that I had on Firefox, but I am not getting ANY options but to go back to the previous page on IE.

Thank goodness my machine is not messed up! I will keep watching this thread! Thanks for the heads up here! :)

25. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    i'm getting the reported attack site still and hope it will be fixed soon (google needs to crawl the site again). I wasn't even able to reply....lets see if changing my security in Firefox (3.6.12) will let me post, since I unchecked the block attack sites.