main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[GEN] If you have a technical error, log it in here.

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Gandalf the Grey, Jul 15, 2003.

1. JediJeffro

JediJeffro Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 23, 2001
    When posting a message to the JC Store thread in JCC:

"System Message: The requested board could not be located."

2. The_Anakin_Wannabe

The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    I had that message several times when I tried to post a large message in the Aussie Rules forum in the YJCC. I got around it by posting a very small message, and then editing that message and putting in my large post. It worked :)

3. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    All your lost boards are belong to us. [face_devil]

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Tried 3 times to send a PM between 915 and 10am PST - got 'Web site not responding' each time. Was able to successfully post a reply to the Collecting board during this time, but then started getting slow response and 'web site not responding' quite a bit around 955 am. Giving up until later. I was
    able to successfully read a PM during this time, just not able to reply.

5. duskwings

duskwings Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    Just tried to send a PM, got this error message (a new one, I believe):

Error: System Error &H80004005 (-2147467259). Unspecified error Source: SnowBoards

It sent fine after I waited a little and sent it again. Any idea what happened? That error message is just really confusing . . .

-duskwings

6. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    The same error here...

I tried to send a PM and I got this error message:
    "Error: System Error &H80004005 (-2147467259). Unspecified error Source: SnowBoards"

I tried it several times and get the same message everytime till now:

Error: Timeout expired Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server [SnowBoards.DBHelper] RunSPReturnRS(sp_add_private_message, ...) | boards.theforce.net [HNSC4AWEB9 version 2.3.52] [SnowBoards.User] AddPrivateMessage(...) | boards.theforce.net [HNSC4AWEB9 version 2.3.52]

7. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    And when I want to reload a thread at my FF, I got this error:

The message/s you requested could not be found or have been removed by a moderator.

Error: System Error &H80004005 (-2147467259). Unspecified error Source: SnowBoards [SnowBoards.Message] GetMessages(...) | boards.theforce.net [APPS31 version 2.3.52]

(and I am really sure that it wasn't removed ;) :p)

8. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Yeah, I'm getting that error now too with my pm's. :(

9. Darth_Weirdo

Darth_Weirdo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    Error: Timeout expired Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server [SnowBoards.DBHelper] RunSPReturnRS(sp_get_messages, ...) | boards.theforce.net [HNSC4AWEB8 version 2.3.52] [SnowBoards.Message] GetMessages(...) | boards.theforce.net [HNSC4AWEB8 version 2.3.52]

Please contact the system administrator about these errors here.

10. JediSaralyn

JediSaralyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    I'm not getting and error message, but when trying to send a PM, it won't send...it just keeps going back to the original page where I had the message typed up. Right now I'm on my 4th try of getting the message to send...I don't really know if this is something to do with the JC or if it is my computer cousing the trouble. :confused:

Just thought I'd let you know :)

11. exar-tull

exar-tull Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 22, 2001
    i got a error,or something like said below,twice with a blank white screen on the lit board while trying to acsess other boards.
    88000aa008
    type mismatch error

12. Jobo

Jobo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2000
    Trying to send a PM, comes back to the PM message box (with my message in it) with various errors at the bottom, the latest being

Error: Timeout expired Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server [SnowBoards.DBHelper] RunSPReturnRS(sp_add_private_message, ...) | boards.theforce.net [HNSC4AWEB6 version 2.3.52] [SnowBoards.User] AddPrivateMessage(...) | boards.theforce.net [HNSC4AWEB6 version 2.3.52]

I've been trying to send the same two PMs for that past 20 minutes.... also, the JC is being really slow today.
    _jOBO

13. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    Got this a couple of times while trying to access the main page and different categories:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch

/Default.asp, line 55

Just that, black text on white background, no links, nothing.

14. Han Soho

Han Soho Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 1998
    Threads aren't getting upped when I post, and they're not added to my post count.

15. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    I got this error while tring to access the main page.

Microsoft Cursor Engine error '80004005'
    Data provider or other service returned an E_FAIL status.

/Default.asp, line 194

Edit Then this error while posting this:

Error: Timeout expired Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server [SnowBoards.DBHelper] RunSPReturnRS(sp_message_add, ...) | boards.theforce.net [HNSC4AWEB9 version 2.3.52] [SnowBoards.Message] MessageAdd(6000, 10006, 12420249, 237285, 24.242.56.205, RE: If you have a technical error, log it in here., I got this error while tring to access the main page. Microsoft Cursor Engine error '80004005' Data provider or other service returned an E_FAIL status. /Default.asp, line 194 , False...) | boards.theforce.net [HNSC4AWEB9 version 2.3.52]

16. Han Soho

Han Soho Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 1998
    Threads aren't getting upped when I post, and they're not added to my post count.

Fix it please. Do whatever it is you were doing before this error showed up. It should be quite simple to do.

17. Han Soho

Han Soho Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 1998
    Why does the "Error: Only 1 message post per minute is allowed" page work, but the "Message Posted" one doesn't?

18. yodahs-daddy

yodahs-daddy Jedi Master star 5

May 20, 2002
    While trying to send a PM just 2 minutes ago I got an error and my PM did not get sent.

Error: System Error &H80004005 (-2147467259). Unspecified error Source: SnowBoards

I tried to send it 2 more times and I got the same error.

19. Darth-Floyd

Darth-Floyd Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    I have tried several times to send a PM, and this is the last Error message i got, but the ones before this, was different!

20. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    *yawn*
    Standard stuff...

-PMs don't work for unspecified or timeout errors.
    -Tried viewing this thread and couldn't because a Mod supposedly moved it...yeah...riiiight.
    -Images (as in icons and banner) slower than usual to load
    -Boards go out for a few minutes and can't get onto the JC at all

21. exar-tull

exar-tull Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 22, 2001
    active server pages error'asp 0113'

script time out

/board.asp
    the maximum amount of time a script to execute was exceeded. you can chance this limit by specifying a new value for the property server.scriptimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.

and i cant send privet messages.

when i refreshed the main board i got on of those no board messages.

22. Darth-Floyd

Darth-Floyd Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003

This time i got a different error message, than the one before

Error: Timeout expired Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server [SnowBoards.DBHelper] RunSPReturnRS(sp_add_private_message, ...) | boards.theforce.net [HNSC4AWEB4 version 2.3.60] [SnowBoards.User] AddPrivateMessage(...) | boards.theforce.net [HNSC4AWEB4 version 2.3.60]

23. PadmesHairstylist

PadmesHairstylist Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2001
    *logs in his error, joins the club*

I too have been getting the timeout errors when sending PMs.

24. obi_wan_kanathan

obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2001
    I just got a HTTP 500 Internal Server Error when trying to go to the boards. It took a few minutes for the boards to start working again for me.

LOL, and when posting this I got this error:

25. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    DIE PM SENDING ERRORS DIE!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm loking at the same PM I've tried to send for the last 20 minutes.... It's tourquing me off!

:mad: :mad: