main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[GEN] Lets talk about violent threats on TFN.

Discussion in 'Communications' started by ApolloSmileGirl, Aug 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    so before I get banned or something , is it officially okay to use violent lanquage when participating in rap battles and other circumstances where shooting people/killing people is relevant ?

I mean when everyone involved agrees that such threats are not to be taken serious at all .

I, personally, would say that if a Forum Mod were allowing such a thing in their Forum, then that's probably okay; though the remainder of the TOS/ROC must be followed, e.g. no referring to "All life is is [female dogs] and money..." and using the actual curses and all... ;)

2. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    There are distinct and highly effective ways to end the behavior and ensure it doesn't happen again.

Indeed. One particularly effective method is tracking the person's IP from the site, finding their location...

3. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
  4. Darth_Smelly

Darth_Smelly Jedi Master star 4

Mar 29, 2004
    So now we have a thread in the JCC where a "user" is glorifying the fact that he is looking forward to going hunting this weekend and killing something and then watching whatever he shoots "suffer" and feel pain. That is not hunting, that is cruelty and just plain out sick. This is really disturbing considering his previous threats/comments. How is this "family friendly"?

5. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    agreed, this thread that we speak of also went on for 200 ot post.

I've seen some quesionable titles and subjects but the JCC integrity went down in my book after letting this thread go on as long as it did.

-=DKT=-

6. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Sometimes people cross the line.
    Other times you are joking with other users that you know and the mod sees it as something else. I have been warned a couple of times for joking around with a user I knew. I never made a threat and never talked about killing or weapons, but if you mention a pass argument as a joke and the mod does not know what is going on.

Sometimes it generates confusion.

-Seldon

7. Cpt_Obvious

Cpt_Obvious Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2003
    Track a person down? [face_laugh] I may have seen it all now. Probably don't know the slightest about what an ip is and even then, they may be on a wild goose chase, even if it were possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.