main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[GEN] Moderators Hall of Fame?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Darth-Floyd, Mar 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Floyd

Darth-Floyd Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    Now that we have gone thru all this mess with demoted Mods and Mods, who have resigned by them selves, I was wondering:

Is there a place/thread where we can see when a certain ex-mod was "ruling", when he/she was promoted to mod/manager/administrator and when they resigned?

I see a lot of "red" usernames with the titel "Emeritus" and "ex-mod", but as I still consider myself a newbie here, I would like to know when they ruled.

And for current Mods/Managers, can I find a list, with them all, or do I have to view all the different boards? I know I can use the "users online" menu, but it seems that I´m often online when the boards aren´t most busy.

2. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    There have been attempts to create listings in the past, but laziness usually takes over, and the listings aren't updated.

3. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Well, I guess they could put Mar 02-Mar 04 in my title.

// shrug //

Really though, does anyone care?

4. Iwishiwasajedi

Iwishiwasajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Well, there is a list of all current mods and the boards they patrol here, but after it was updated yesterday, it was left with a bunch of markup mistakes.

As for past mods, I don't think it's really that important. If you want to know when they were a mod, just send them a pm and ask. :)

KK EDIT: Updating the link with the newer version.

5. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    I was promoted in August of 1998 and served until around june or july of 2002 when I moved away from a computer for a long while.

6. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    My history's too complicated to remember. I was promoted in 2000, made a manager, made an Administrator, resigned, but didn't get demoted, returned, moved down to Manager, then got re-promoted to Administrator, then was made Head Administrator, then resigned sometime in 2003.

'twas a good run. I remember my early mod days when there were but a few of us... I remember Hathor, Darth Ludicrous, PreacherBoy, Mr. K, tonyf, stinrab, Darth Sushi (although only knew him via email), Chyren, Paradox,Mr. K, IronParrot, Lord Chewy, Zoo, Bob, Jasman, and Darthcleo... That was the team when I came on board, I believe.

And prior to that, there was Captain Antilles, Clerk, Lil Wookie, Mark CK, Paul, and Yoda The All Powerful.

Back when there wasn't a ModSquad, just an email distribution list... And when Senator Dzrekpo Amegnran was considered a troll (HA!).

*sigh*

Good times.

Vertical

7. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I think "ruled" is a bit of a strong word for what I did . . . :p

8. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    that a typo right ? You mean "Hall of Shame" surely

9. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Hall of Lame. :p

Given the job of Celebration 2 & Midwest RSA in Novemeber 2001, then got hit by a tornado & stepped down for a bit in Sept 2002, came back in Dec of 02 until my daughter was born in Jul 03...break turned into retirement, until about a week ago when I was asked to return as Celebration 3 RSA, which I had accepted and then this past weekend happened and I decided I was too old to deal with this kind of redundant drama.

10. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    It's all too ridiculous to write down.

11. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    3/3/02 - 3/3/03
    JCC

12. FateNaberrie

FateNaberrie Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 31, 2000
    Of course, if we start going into why/how they all left, it'll just turn into a comedy.

13. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    Dramedy.

14. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Dibs on "wacky intrusive neighbor/landlord".

15. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    I call the token minority.

16. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    Damn, all the good characters are taken. :(

I was Communications/Classic Trilogy from about 03/02-01/03

17. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    How can I not toot my horn! ;)

I was promoted in October of 2001 to head the new Senate Floor, continued throughout 2002 - becoming a manager, icon chief, seeing the Amphitheatre rise, falter and find legs with RidingMyCaroselOnYou, and I think Vertical and Kadue came and left more than three hundred and seventeen times between the two of them in July alone - and left at the end of that summer. I returned in late summer/early fall 2002 as adviser, then as a General Manager and was demoted/resigned in December 2002/January 2003 amidst much drama monkeying.

18. Cheri

Cheri Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2000
    Didn't Paul go nuts at one point, and start promoting people? I had forgotten about that. And don't forget Preacher Boy. Ahh drama.

19. FateNaberrie

Jan 31, 2000
    And don't forget Preacher Boy.

I haven't <3
    One of the best mods ever.

20. Super_Ninja

Super_Ninja Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2004
    Most of them don't deserve to be in the Hall of Fame anyway.

21. Qui Gon Jim23

Qui Gon Jim23 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    I haven't <3
    One of the best mods ever.

I hear he and Dom have a lot in common.

22. FateNaberrie

Jan 31, 2000
    I hear he and Dom have a lot in common.

My eternal affection?

23. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    what fote said.
    permbanned former mods are the coolest. :D

promoted october 2003, demoted february 2004. did nothing of importance while i was a mod. part of me wishes i'd deleted a major thread or reset the postcount of certain users before i was demoted. then i might be banned, but at least people'd remember me. but in the end, it turned out i'm a wimp (no real surprise to people who know me), and i chickened out.

24. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    I think all ex-mods wish they'd deleted someone's post count. I know some forceboaters... ;)

But that would be underhanded and just wrong. The worst abuse of power at the JC has had to be PreacherBoy's deletion of PizzatheHutt's post history - so much gone so quickly, and for off-site reasons. Despicable, but infamous.

25. Iwishiwasajedi

Iwishiwasajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    That's not true. You stood up for your beliefs. That's called courage, not wimpiness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.