main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[GEN] New Registration Policy is Needed

Discussion in 'Communications' started by comet1440, May 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wes_Janson

Wes_Janson Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 17, 2004
    Um, if its just 2 hours what good will it do ?

And if theyre any good, they would PRE register their socks.

2. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    It's actually fairly easy to spot those trolls who are doing rapid-fire registration and take care of them. In fact a mod can usually find and ban a single sock in about 1/5th of the time it takes to create it. There are some hints on how to deal with this written up for the mods, but I don't know how far back they've sunk. Regardless, a single moderator can sit there for the length of time and be just as effective while still posting and modding elsewhere.

3. Darth-Bradius

Darth-Bradius Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 20, 2004
    ehat we need in the 3sa is say 2 uk based mods as when its late evening here that is when the troll attack happens and we never have coverage to stop it

4. comet1440

comet1440 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 25, 2004
    maybe a new mod would be a good idea for 3sa .

5. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I know exactly what Dingo's talking about. It's a neat little thing passed along to the mods, especially spoiler mods. When we're online, no matter how coordinated a troll attack effort, we'll pluck you out of the skies like troll skeet shooting.

6. Wes_Janson

Wes_Janson Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 17, 2004
    If Sape/Dingo are talking bout the tool I think they are, then Sape's right, it tears trolls down pretty quick.

7. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    There are tools that can make life easier, but the only one I needed was the ban button. It's a case of just knowing what and where to look for things. But for rather obvious reasons, noone is going to say "out loud" how.

8. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Once you catch up with the very latest troll, lock onto that particular UID, get some general private information, etc... we can pick up the next sock and permaban it before their very first post. It's troll skeet shooting and really lots of fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.