main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[GEN] Official Banner Makers Thread II: Attack of the Banners

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Raven, Apr 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Consider the door always open to submit RotS banners. We used to rotate banners ALL the time in the former 3SA and it was very popular. We built up somewhere around 60 banners. Problem now is we're left with all these 3SA and Spoiler banners. We now have only two RotS banners.

2. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Can we not have gabe, jace, grimby and those guys change some of the fonts and rotate those? They were awesome. Nice and clean and simple, but funny as hell.

I like the one we have now, but the Clone trooper is getting old...

We could even rotate main banners and colors, right?

3. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Some of the former 3SA one's can be altered because they're funny and classic. But some can be made better because for so long we were limited to allowable images and since then those images are okay to post. We can upgrade a lot. We NEED one of wrinkly Palp and maybe another of Palpy shooting lightning. We can now have a Tion Meddon banner. There are tons of possibilities.

4. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I want one with screen cap of Palpatine literally almost eating his finger, while cackling maniacally during his battle with Yoda. Crazy old man.

5. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Patience, my little green friend.

6. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Oh no you didn't Sape. :p

7. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Consider the door always open to submit RotS banners. We used to rotate banners ALL the time in the former 3SA and it was very popular. We built up somewhere around 60 banners. Problem now is we're left with all these 3SA and Spoiler banners. We now have only two RotS banners.

Okie. :) Just comes down to having a free night to sit down and shuffle through pics. That was actually the 4th banner I've done so far. The 1st...I'm...a bit...embarrassed to show anyone. LOL. I'll just say that the rash (meant in every way possible) of colors would make it great for an Easter banner. The 2nd and 3rd aren't completed finished (Clone Wars cartoon themed), and when I found my old calendar buried in a pile of junk in my cube I had to make something out of it. :D

8. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    Send me a list Sape, and I'll change them all to propper ROTS banners.

9. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    We definitely need some of those like "You better not be towing my speeder", and "I don't like lava...", and the R2 Banner maybe something with Grievous. I love the Vader banner from the comics, too.

10. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    I'm working on some new ones too, just have to watch out that I don't use bootleg material.

11. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    we need a new banner for the amphi...

that other one is cool...but its getting old

dkt

12. -Commander_Thigh-

-Commander_Thigh- Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2004
  13. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Um, don't come in here very often, mostly just lurk and admire the pretty banners.

Anyway, just wanted to say -Commander_Thigh-, that banner is really cool and very pretty. The only suggestion that I would make is maybe make the font more readable. It seems almost like an afterthought in the banner.

LJS @};-

14. -Commander_Thigh-

Aug 8, 2004
    Actually, the font was the first thing I put, besides the background, but I was thinking that it was probably too dark. Thanks for the suggestion!:)

15. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    It is a little too dark, and I would try to find a way to make it bigger if possible.

Of course, I'm completely in awe of everybody's banners, since I have no skill with graphics :p

LJS @};-

16. -Commander_Thigh-

Aug 8, 2004
    Bigger? I'm not sure what you mean by bigger, but the darkness I can fix.

17. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    I really like that, -Commander_Thigh-.

I made this one a while back . I just recently took the "Spoilers" out of it. What do you all think?

18. -Commander_Thigh-

Aug 8, 2004
    Very nice, Force-Keeper.

EDIT: I'm having great difficulty making the text in my banner more readable. Can anyone help me out?

19. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    Maybe a different font? I know that I really like the one here. Nice, big, and bold. Very readable.

Also, maybe try changing the colors. White maybe? Or black with a white glow around it? (Is the last even possible?)

The problem is it seems that the text is an afterthought. It should be the first thing the eye is drawn to, instead.

LJS @};-

20. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
  21. -Commander_Thigh-

Aug 8, 2004
    Ok, I've revised my banner to make the title a little more readable. I hope this is better.[face_praying] I also added a cooling filter to make the colors a little more matched with each other, but I'm not sure if I'll keep the filter on or not.

http://img13.echo.cx/img13/3808/funeralbanner2dj.jpg

22. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    Mine eyes! I've been blinded!

That looks much better. Absolutely beautiful! :) Great work!

LJS @};-

23. -Commander_Thigh-

Aug 8, 2004
    My only qualm is that this new title hides poor Sio Bibble:( but I'll get over it.:p

24. -Commander_Thigh-

Aug 8, 2004
    Ok, I have a question. Once I've created the style sheet and I have the board colors set and everything, how do I post the style sheet for everyone to see?

25. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Indeed, a truly amazing banner [face_hypnotized]. Do go there, and be inspired! I like the boldness of it a lot, and the slightly edgy graphics, nicely done, altough I am certain I would have chosen the colourscheme slightly less dazzling (well, it would be less bold then, so um, well).

However, one reason I would invite you all to go see it is the following: Why don't you try and select any of the links at the top, or bottom of the page (yes, the ones in yellow on orange). Do you see what you selected? I would guess not, or barely. Now let's say that you did find that thread you were looking for on page 2, say the senate guard fanclub, why don't you try and post a reply? Oh, you couldn't find the reply link? No, I guess you are right, it is a bit of a subtle effect. I like subtle :) but not everywhere.

I think, hope, I made my point clear that it would not be a very bad idea to test out a particular colour scheme before finalizing the design, and be a bit critical about it, or ask someone else to judge it. Maybe preferably someone with bad eyesight even? Anyway, I trust you all are aware of such issues, so I will only further repeat that I really like most of this particular banner and wouldn't object for it too linger the rest of the weekend, if it wasn't for the colourscheme.

-Commander_Thigh- my praise might be unimpressive to you, but I nevertheless give it: that is a very nice and pretty banner. The newer version is a clear improvement, with the more clear text. (I do not mind sio bibble I guess ;). Is it my imagination or is the sidebar on the left a tad more contrast rich in the new version, I thought it looked slightly different, better? Perhaps the filter?

DU.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.