main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[GEN] Older Moderator VIPship.

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa, Nov 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    It was never discussed beforehand in the MS, Smuggler. We were only informed after the fact.

That said, I'm pretty sure it was legit.

2. C-3PX

C-3PX Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    Unless he comes back and demands to know where his posts are I don't think it matters.

3. FateNaberrie

FateNaberrie Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 31, 2000
    It does matter. Every post he ever made was gone. That means threads, including important policy discussion threads, in which he was heavily involved have little to no coherence now. Even more important are threads he POSTED, including any MS Updates or other Comms or MS threads in which a final policy decision was made or announced are now gone, entirely.

4. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Actually, the threads still exist. It's just that they're missing the first posts.

Unfortunately, as you mentioned, the posts are gone, which does make some threads look a bit odd.

5. FateNaberrie

FateNaberrie Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 31, 2000
    Are you sure they still exist? I was under the impression that if a person had all their posts deleted then any thread they authored was deleted.

6. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    The request was legit, trust us.

And yes, the thread remains, only the first post is gone.

100% sure on both counts guys :)

¤Night

7. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    Yeah, the thread sticks around, it just looks TOTALLY RETARDED because you have no clue about the first post.

Out of curiosity, would this be granted to anyone who asks? seems like kind of a destructive thing to do... even once... for a non troll.

8. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Come to think of it, I don't think any of the mods were even informed that Cb was having his posts deleted. I can't recall who discovered that Cbs posts were gone, but I do remember there was quite the confusion in the MS until we were told he asked to have em deleted.

9. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    It does matter. Every post he ever made was gone. That means threads, including important policy discussion threads, in which he was heavily involved have little to no coherence now. Even more important are threads he POSTED, including any MS Updates or other Comms or MS threads in which a final policy decision was made or announced are now gone, entirely.

Well, that was his choice, as unfortunate as the loss of those posts may be.

Come to think of it, I don't think any of the mods were even informed that Cb was having his posts deleted. I can't recall who discovered that Cbs posts were gone, but I do remember there was quite the confusion in the MS until we were told he asked to have em deleted.

If it was a private request, which it obviously was, there was no need for discussion in the Mod Squad.

10. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I thought it had been decided well over a year ago that the administration wasn't going to fulfill requests by people to delete all of their posts.

11. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Jan 23, 2002
    The cbjedi thing was over a year ago. It's been about that time since he was a moderator. This is nothing new, it just happened to come up.

12. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    KW said this was right after the Wise Incident

Excuse me, the wise inciddent?
    And why is everyone talking about CB like it was this deep dark secret?

13. Pellaeon-Firke

Pellaeon-Firke Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
  14. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    The threads don't disappear, the title in the forum listing just goes to RE: Topic Blah Blah. You can still see it sometimes when a newb mod stuffs up and hits "delete post" instead of "delete post and replies" (at least I think that's what the options are). Then they have to race back and delete the rest of the following posts before anyone see's their mistake.

"...that was his choice, as unfortunate as the loss of those posts may be."

But that's the thing, it was not his choice at all. It's not an option that users here have for the very good reason that it screws things up, including page counts etc. All it says to me is that he got in touch with someone he knew would do it for him and that mod/manager/admin bent the rules for their friend.

Now the question should be asked: who bent the admin guidelines for cbjedi when they knew they weren't allowed to fulfill his request? :confused:

15. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Jan 23, 2002
    Hmmm, interesting way to look at it. To answer your question, it sounds like Raven's brilliant planning to me. [face_plain]

16. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Cbjedi should not have had his posts removed no matter if it was his request or not. We don't do that unless it's a troll's posts and they're all horrible. He can request his account be banned so nobody could hack it and destroy his name and we can do that. He can request to be a VIP or not and we can do that. And he can request for his posts to be removed, it's just that our answer is 'no'. If this happened at the time when lots of mods stepped down when we had to register, that explains why I don't remember this.

17. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    Well I think the easiest way to verify who did it and bring some action against the mod/manager/admin who broke the admin guidelines is to check the Admin Log, all transactions are right there and it'll plainly say who did it and when.

18. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    The admin action log will only show the last 30 days of admin actions. This is to prevent the database from getting too large.

...but that doesn't matter in this case since his notes indicated who banned and removed the posts.

19. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    Wow, 30 days is a bad idea.

So who's the mysterious culprit? :confused:

20. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Yeah right. I'm not divulging that.

21. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Heh. I on the other hand will accept bribes in exchange for information on who did it. ;)

Actually, I'm just kidding, I won't tell either.

I think its safe to assume that no one will have all of their posts removed again upon request? What happened in the past is a terrible travisty, but whats done is done. We can't restore his posts, only make sure that history doesn't repeat itself.

22. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    Can we at least be sure that the mod/manager/admin will get a warning or some form of punishment for what they've done Sape? :confused:

23. Kimball_Kinnison

Kimball_Kinnison Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2001
    So who's the mysterious culprit?

I would be more than happy to divulge it, for the right price.

However, unless your name is Bill Gates, don't consider applying. I'd need at least 9 figures to the left of the decimal point. The check needs to clear before I'd divulge it.

Kimball Kinnison

24. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    And by me answering that, that'll reveal if the mod is a current or ex-mod. No more will I reveal. For the admin, it is time to eat. Yes, good food. Hmmmppphh.

25. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    Well, knowing that it's considered a mistake and will not happen again is enough for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.