[Gen] Quote du jour

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Sith_Slayer, Oct 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    OTF: yeah it was... It may be one that goes on my wall...

Love cures people, both the ones who give it and the ones who receive it. -Dr. Karl Menninger
  2. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    A heart broken open can embrace the whole world. -unknown...
  3. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    "Man, I was tame compared to what they do now. Are you kidding? I didn?t do anything but just jiggle." -Elvis Presley
  4. Sith_Slayer Force Ghost

star 6
    Speaking of the King, His birthday is tomorrow:

Elvis Aaron Presley, in the humblest of circumstances, was born to Vernon and Gladys Presley in a two-room house in Tupelo, Mississippi on January 8, 1935. His twin brother, Jessie Garon, was stillborn, leaving Elvis to grow up as an only child. He and his parents moved to Memphis, Tennessee in 1948, and Elvis graduated from Humes High School there in 1953.

He starred in 33 successful films, made history with his television appearances and specials, and knew great acclaim through his many, often record-breaking, live concert performances on tour and in Las Vegas. Globally, he has sold over one billion records, more than any other artist. His American sales have earned him gold, platinum or multi-platinum awards for 149 different albums and singles, far more than any other artist. Among his many awards and accolades were 14 Grammy nominations (3 wins) from the National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences, the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award, which he received at age 36, and his being named One of the Ten Outstanding Young Men of the Nation for 1970 by the United States Jaycees. Without any of the special privileges his celebrity status might have afforded him, he honorably served his country in the U.S. Army.
    His talent, good looks, sensuality, charisma, and good humor endeared him to millions, as did the humility and human kindness he demonstrated throughout his life. Known the world over by his first name, he is regarded as one of the most important figures of twentieth century popular culture. Elvis died at his Memphis home, Graceland, on August 16, 1977.

LONG LIVE THE KING!!!

5. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    (sorry I have no had access to the net for a few days)

There is no such thing as inner peace. There is only nervousness or death. Any attempt to prove otherwise constitutes unacceptable behavior. -Fran Lebowitz 1951-, American Journalist
  6. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    Only one endowed with restless vitality is susceptible to pessimism. You become a pessimist --a demonic, elemental, bestial pessimist --only when life has been defeated many times in its fight against depression. -E. M. Cioran 1911-, Rumanian-born French Philosopher
  7. Sith_Slayer Force Ghost

star 6
    "It is time I stepped aside for a less experienced and less able man." Professor Scott Elledge on his retirement from Cornell
  8. GA_Tompkins Force Ghost

star 1
    " yesterday's history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift that is why they call it the present."

-I dunno, remember it from 5th grade-
  9. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    Forgiveness is the remission of sins. For it is by this that what has been lost, and was found, is saved from being lost again. -St. Augustine
  10. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    If the other person injures you, you may forget the injury; but if you injure him you will always remember. -Kahlil Gibran
  11. Sith_Slayer Force Ghost

star 6
    "He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any man I know." Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)
  12. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    Every person is responsible for his own looks after 40. - Abraham Lincoln
  13. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    (probably one of the most true statements I have ever read)

An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind. -Buddha
  14. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    A friend is one who walks in when others walk out -Walter Winchell
  15. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    The key to any good relationship, on-screen and off, is communication, respect, and I guess you have to like the way the other person smells -- and he smelled real nice. -Sandra Bullock
  16. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    You will always move toward anyone who increases you and away from anyone who makes you less. -Mike Murdock
  17. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the hateful words and actions of the bad people but for the appalling silence of the good people. -Martin Luther King Jr.
  18. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    We gather strength from sadness and from pain Each time we die we learn to live again. -Unknown
  19. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    Tears are the symbol of the inability of the soul to restrain its emotion and retain its self command. -Henri Frederic Amiel
  20. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. -Washington Irving
  21. Sith_Slayer Force Ghost

star 6
    "The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." Tom Clancy
  22. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." - Martin Luther King, Jr. (1929-1968)
  23. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    My one regret in life is that I'm not someone else. -Woody Allen
  24. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. -Sidney J. Harris
  25. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    When a man lies, he murders some part of the world. -Merlin
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.