main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[GEN] Registration date?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by IncomT65, Aug 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I think Glark's would be July 7th.

My birthday!

You, too? :)

I don't know about when these boards were created or anything. All I know is that sometime in '97 (I'm probably wrong about it being March; it was seven years ago, my memory's not that good :p), I was on a site calling itself theforce.net. *shrug* It was definitely a "fan site" rather than what it is now.

Dana

2. Fate

Fate Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    *blinks* Well, that woke everybody up...

I think I speak for everyone, Fate, when I say:

Not sure what it was, but thanks if it was good, and if not, sorry you feel that way. :)

Funny you should say that when she's an inch shorter than you and ten pounds lighter

Ah, but see, I don't have issues with my weight - it's a healthy weight, and I'm happy with it.

unnecessarily rude alert!!!

*shrugs again* Don't think I was being rude, and sorry if you took it that way.

Wow, geez, bitter much?

Eh - not really. Kicking myself for my naivety, maybe; bitter, no.

It was a joke, Sensitive McThinSkin. I didn't even know there was a just plain Fate who actively posted, so I was fairly surprised when I saw you post.

*grins* Now, now - no need for name-calling. And I hadn't heard of you, either.

As for your comment about my weight issues...what Carmen said + what Jolobobo said + what Tracy said.

*shrugs* Okay.

Thanks, Lani. [face_love]

well now - I think I speak on behalf of the administration when I politely ask that this thread be steered back into the direction of Registration dates and not waist sizes.

Probably a good idea - I didn't bring it up, you understand. ;)

The funny thing is, Malkie's favourite hobby is grinding people to a bloody pulp. He likes to call it "rugby", but we know what it really is. I'd watch what I said about him if I were you.

*grins* Thanks - duly noted. ;)

Well, I think that's quite enough drama for one morning; it's off to work for me.

For freedom. For justice. Viva la Rebellion.

3. carmenite42

carmenite42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Ah, but see, I don't have issues with my weight - it's a healthy weight, and I'm happy with it.

Ah, but see she has no issues with her weight either. Everyone in certain spin-off boards seem to think she's fat, but she's rather happy with it. And I just thought it was interesting that you were partaking in that unreasonable attack, seeing as she's about the same size as you.

4. Jobo

Jobo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2000
    That, and Fate(N)'s post was clearly in jest. She knows it was about her, and she was not trying to trick you into thinking it was about you or anything of the sort. She was just participating in general jokery. No meanness.

Uhh... registration dates...

I registered in Aug 00.
    _jOBO

5. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    That, and Fate(N)'s post was clearly in jest. She knows it was about her, and she was not trying to trick you into thinking it was about you or anything of the sort. She was just participating in general jokery. No meanness.

I understand that and you understand that, but I couldn't sit back and watch my friend speculate incorrectly about who could have started the fat thread about her without saying something. What she chose to do with that information once I'd given it to her was her business, not mine.

Oh, and I registered in October 01, right before I gave up AOL completely. Still, I owe it to AOL because I found these boards through theirs. :p

Jae O:)

6. Fate

Fate Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    Ah, but see she has no issues with her weight either. Everyone in certain spin-off boards seem to think she's fat, but she's rather happy with it. And I just thought it was interesting that you were partaking in that unreasonable attack, seeing as she's about the same size as you.

Well, what I heard was that she was pretty bugged by the whole "Fat thread" thing, and decided to put it off on another "Fate". Honestly, I think the whole thing's hilarious, but I don't like not knowing what's going on. She might have enlightened me, after all. :p

I'm not attacking her - I don't even know her. It probably didn't have to be said, but it was said, I can't edit it, I wouldn't if I could, and I'm sorry if it caused offense.

That may be, but once again, I didn't know what was going on, and when I found out that it was a joke, I decided to let her know I knew - I like things out in the open.

What she chose to do with that information once I'd given it to her was her business, not mine.

*nods* Very true, and I'm glad you did tell me, because I was starting to draw incorrect conclusions. I suppose if I read every thread that appeared in Communications, I might have 'gotten it' right away, but I don't, and I didn't.

And I registered in April, 2003. :cool:

For freedom. For justice. Viva la Rebellion.

7. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    And I just thought it was interesting that you were partaking in that unreasonable attack

Defending yourself against a joke you do not understand is not attacking. It's called defending.

Anyhow, taking leave from that topic and the "drama"...

I'm presently happy being a "midbie", if I can be called that. Aug 02 for me. :)

-Krystal

8. Sara Skywalker

Sara Skywalker Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 1999
    during the move to snowboards everyone's reg time got changed to midnight on the day they signed up

Ah, I had always wondered about that because I knew that there was no way that I registered at 3 a.m. my time.

9. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    All righty, the misconception was sorted out, so... I'm going to make a pathetic attempt at peace-keeping and say can't we all get along? *face_puppy_dog*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.