main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Gen] RMFF General Movie discussion forum

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Sith_Slayer, Aug 11, 2003.

1. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Yeah, Michael is a great guy. It's rough watching him slowly deteriorate with his Parkinson's. He is a fighter, though.

2. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    Cor, I only have the last two episodes of season 2 on tape, and I think I have a couple on the computer. The Season 2 DVD comes out Dec. 2nd. After 3rd season starts, but... <shrug>

*SB*

3. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    hrmm...I might just have to pursue other means of acquiring them [face_devil]

What's the startup date for season 3?

4. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    I got nuthin'. I don't follow the show.

5. StarBlazer

Dec 2, 2001
    September 28th.

*SB*

6. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Yeah, what she said...

7. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
  8. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    So, it looks like I am about to be subjected to Pirate speak for the next couple of days [face_plain]

I think SB has something to do with this :p

9. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
  10. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
  11. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Saw Underworld on Saturday. Good movie, better then I thought it was going to be or could be.

12. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Caught Underworld this past weekend as well. It was...ennhh...so-so at best. Weak CG effects and under-developed story. Some mediocre acting as well. Oh well, doesn't seem to matter too much...

Underworld Sequel & Prequel already in the works.

13. Broncos_Slain

Broncos_Slain Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 5, 2003
    Kinda gettin' excited for Tarantino's Kill Bill Volume 1 that opens in 2 days...

Uma kickin' some serious boo-tay...

14. Broncos_Slain

Oct 5, 2003
    Caught The Rundown last night. Kinda enjoyed it. The Rock playin' a sensitive, tough-guy worked better than I thought it would. Walken made a good "bad" guy, as always. Some nifty fight scenes, beautiful scenery (the backgrounds were nice, too), and an interesting Cameo by a certain, soon to be Governor...

15. StarBlazer

Dec 2, 2001
    I caught Bend it Like Beckham last weekend, decent flick. It kinda drags on at points, but it's funny.

*SB*

16. Broncos_Slain

Oct 5, 2003
    Mmmm...Keira...

Does she even really NEED to act?

17. Broncos_Slain

Oct 5, 2003
    Caught Kill Bill Friday night...

If you like Tarantino...

You'll like this film.

If you like violence...

You'll like this film.

If you like BLOODY violence...

You'll like this film.

If you like no-holds barred, chick-on-chick violence

You'll LOVE this film.

If you like genre films, and can tolerate all of the above...

You'll like this film.

Needless to say...

I LIKED THIS FILM!!!

Besides, it's hard to go wrong with a flick that opens with a Klingon proverb...as long as it's NOT a Star Trek movie...

18. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    I will wait for video on this one. I like tarantino, but I don't love tarantino. I really don't like Uma Thurman. I love Lucy Liu though...but that's just not enough. the previews just make it look too cheesy to me.

that said I DID go see House of the Dead b/c a bunch of my friends were going and I had nothing else to do. I tried to convince them to see something else, but they wanted to see this for some stupid reason.

WORST. MOVIE. EVER. MADE. Well, maybe not the worst EVER, but it's waaaaay down there. Very terrible. Please do not see this movie. I would rather kick myself repeatedly in the gonads with steel toe boots than sit through this movie again.

19. StarBlazer

Dec 2, 2001
    Point taken! ;)

*SB*

20. SilverDragon

SilverDragon Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2001
    lol, I'm glad! :D

I've never seen so many people walk out of the theater in the middle of a movie before. Literally half of the people in the theater had left before the movie was over.

21. SilverDragon

SilverDragon Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2001
    Watched 3 movies today... (ratings based on a 5 dragon scale)

2 Fast 2 Furious - Uh...it was pretty much what I expected. Not a great film, but still fun and enjoyable. Kinda lame and predictable, but Eva Mendes is very hot. 2.5 dragons

Hollywood Homocide - not nearly as good as it could have been, but still enjoyable over all. I liked how stupid stuff happened to them like they were real people, but it was still weak, even for a buddy-cop movie. Ford and Hartnett both kickass, and I think they could've made a good pair, but their characters really didn't IMO. 2.5 dragons

Bend it Like Beckham - wow, what a great movie. I'd heard about it, and like most was hesitant to watch a soccer (oops, football) chick-flick...but a movie being a chickflick has never stopped me from watching it before and I'm glad it didn't this time. This was a really good movie. Good acting, OUTSTANDING CHARACTERS, good comedy and drama, extremely entertaining...and hot women (keira knightley of course, along with parminder k. nagra). Great story too. Go rent this movie now if you haven't seen it already. 5 dragons!

22. Broncos_Slain

Oct 5, 2003
    For those folks interested, Bend it Like Beckham is still playing at the Tiffany Plaza 6 at Hampden and Tamarac.

23. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    have you seen it?

I say if you have the chance go ahead and see it on the big screen.

24. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Saw Kill Bill last night, and Texas Chainsaw Massacre tonight. Both were stinkers. I love Tarantino, I love Anime, I love Samurai Swords, I love Cheesy 70's Kung-Fu movies but this one...

sucked.. lol

This movie would have kicked major ass if it had been an Anime instead of a "live-action anime" The chick from Battle Royal was cool though. This movie suffered from "Ninja Scroll" Syndrome. Cool bad guys on the screen for minutes and then moving on. The music is definitely the best part of Kill Bill, will get the soundtrack. Will probably go see the 2nd one because they say it's cooler than the first one.

TCM...

lol. ... This one is lame. All kinds of people leaving the movie loved it but I thought it pretty much sucked. Where's all the blood and gore? Opening scene has more gore than the entire movie. VERY lame. I will admit that it is very fast paced, which is about the only cool thing about it. That way it was over FAST. I love horror movies but the previews before the actual film were way cooler, including 2 zombie flicks (not house of the dead lol)

And the Resident Evil 2 preview was hilarious. I won't condemn either movie to hell...yet. They were movies I was looking forward to that just let me down. I know I shouldn't have looked forward to TCM like I did but so many reviewers said it was way cool and way scary and bloody, etc. And it was none of the above.

25. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    Where's all the blood and gore?

Michael Bay (the producer) is on some committee for movie turds against violence so he decided to lessen the gore. If you're a filmmaker who is against violence...WHY THE HELL ARE YOU PRODUCING A HORROR MOVIE YOU FRIGGIN IDIOT????