[Gen] RMFF General Movie discussion forum

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Sith_Slayer, Aug 11, 2003.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. ArchaicRebel Jedi Knight

star 5
    Aren't there any new horror movies? Or are they all remakes (remakes of movies we made, or movies made in Korea and Japan in the last 10 years)?

The last true horror movie I saw was the one with Meryl Streep and Pierce Brosnan on that Greek island... what was it called... Oh, right, Mamma Mia.
  2. anthonymaul Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Friday the 13th comes out Feb.13
    Its going to be awsome....
  3. anthonymaul Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Underworld was really good.
    Mallcop was very funny.
    Go see both of them.
  4. RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight

star 5
    Watched City of Ember last night. I have to say it wasn't that bad, except for the ending. I was left with many questions, and even Josh said "I hope there's another book to it or something, otherwise they're all just going to die." I may have to read the book now and hope that they explain more. I realize it was a 'kid' movie, but even kids might wonder what will happen next...
  5. QueenHighMistress Jedi Master

star 4
    It's a book series. I think the second one is called People of Sparks. I know there are more, but they came out after I left libraryland.
  6. Mistress Jedi Knight

star 6
    Watched a movie called Nightwatch last night. One of the guys in my training class is a film freak, and he burned a bunch of movies for me. At least this time when he asks me if I watched any over the weekend I can say yes...urm...one. [face_mischief]

I think he chose that one because of my ranting about Wanted (same guy). It was a good movie. I am not super happy about the way it ended, but I hear it was part one of a series...gives Timur time to fix-y. And the rest of the world is prolly okay with not-happy endings, but Jenny isnt. :rolleyes:
  7. gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master

star 5
    Who saw The Watchmen this weekend?!!!

I loved it! Thought it was Epic and want to see it again! :D
  8. nnaydolem Jedi Master

star 6
    Ok i thought Watchmen was OK. GRANTED i hadn't read the book. I liked it do not get me wrong, but one viewing was good for me.

I DID see the new trek preview. =P~
  9. gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master

star 5
    I think it was tailored to the fan boys. I can see that a general audience might not like it.
  10. nnaydolem Jedi Master

star 6
    I just watched the Kingdom. My goodness it was a good movie. Violent, but well done. and I loved all of the actors.

Jamie Fox
    Jason Bateman
    Jennifer Garner
    Chris Copper

Just well done.
  11. JediDragon Jedi Master

star 5
    yeah, that is a fine movie IMO.
  12. nnaydolem Jedi Master

star 6
    watching run fat boy run with simon pegg...TOO Funny. I FIGURED i should watch it since he IS in the new star trek.
  13. nnaydolem Jedi Master

star 6
    BTW this is only my second Simon Pegg movie...Shawn of the Dead was the first. ;) hehehe
  14. RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight

star 5
    You HAVE to watch Hot Fuzz. I love it even more than Shawn of the dead.

[face_mischief]
  15. nnaydolem Jedi Master

star 6
    will put it on my netflix...run fat boy run was cute. :)
  16. Mistress Jedi Knight

star 6

Cute?!! Pssahh. You are no Simon Pegg fan. :p ;)

HIL-larious...specially the huge blister, ewwwwww!

Simon has replaced Jack Black in my heart. [face_love]

and RDT is right, HotFuzz might be the funniest movie evar!!! oh okay, Maybe second funniest, because SOAP is the funniest. [face_thinking]
  17. nnaydolem Jedi Master

star 6
    uhm wellllll...i didn't say i was a fan. :p i said it was the second movie i had seen. [face_laugh]

:) hehehehe yes i am bring a brat. :p
  18. Mistress Jedi Knight

star 6
  19. SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR

star 7
    Yeah!

Ok so since no one is posting I thought I could try to see if I can get my name on a entire front page of last poster :p
  20. ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight

star 6
    Why in the name of all that is holy is there a Footloose remake in the works? Were we not tortured enough the 1st time?!?!?!?!?!
  21. QueenHighMistress Jedi Master

star 4
  22. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    Wow. There really is no creativity or originality left in Hollywood, is there? [face_plain]
  23. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    I'm going to pick up the Fanboys DVD on the way home today. According to a user-submitted photo of the back cover on Amazon, the special features do not include the alternate version of the film without the cancer subplot. It does however include deleted scenes and a featurette called "The Truth About Fanboys", among others.
  24. FanForced Jedi Master

star 4
    Cancer subplot? I don't remember that at all.
  25. RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight

star 5
    We watched How to lose friends and alienate people last night, with Simon Pegg. It was pretty funny, in a sarcastic way. With some other types of humor as well...

And it had the Dude in it too...
Moderators: DieWompRatDie