main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Gen]What's the policy on...

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Darth_Ignant, Sep 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    ...new threads being created about a topic that already exists? I thought I understood, but I may be wrong, so an admin definition would suit me.

KK EDIT: The question was answered. If you have a problem with a moderator's actions, either take it up with that moderator via PM or PM an administrator.

2. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    If the older thread is less than a few weeks old then the new thread is usually redundant and locked. If it's older than a few weeks, then a new thread is usually acceptable - unless it duplicates an official thread.

3. Darth_Ignant

Oct 24, 2001
    That's what I thought. Someone send Nashira a memo, and let her know.

Anyways...

Did the MS ever come up with a pleasant way to fire mods that are useless, or was the conflict too much to handle?

4. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    If you have a specific complaint then you should send a PM to the related parties.

5. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Boy, they start you mods on that schtick pretty early.

6. Darth_Ignant

Oct 24, 2001
    No, it isn't specific, and I don;t think I said it was. There was speak of how to handle mods that become inactive, partly due to security. I was inquiring as to whether such talk reached any conclusions, or if it was dropped.

7. nashira

nashira Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2002
    Ignant, the older thread is just over two weeks old. Based on the guideline Z posted, I did what I'm supposed to.

8. Darth_Ignant

Oct 24, 2001
    Actually, it was 18 days old when upped. Weeks are 7 days long, not 9. Also, you're supposed to take into account whether the new thread deserves to be left open based upon content. It was motoring along nicely, then you come along and lock it and the old thread gets all of four responses, one which is nothing but a bump. Nice work.

Whatever happened to mods actually having to know the forums they moderate?

9. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    How long a thread needs to get locked? I meant how old should be, so they decide to lock a thread?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.