main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[GEN] Where's Grilled-Sarlacc?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by jacemathem, Jun 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    Our Head Admin (still?) hasn't logged in since early morning on the 27th. Anyone got a clue where he is and/or what he's up to? :confused:

2. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    And what happened to jedi-mind-trick? She hasn't logged on in over a month! [face_worried]

3. The_Abstract

The_Abstract Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2002
    stalk much?

4. BobTheGoon

BobTheGoon Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 21, 2000
    He's probably on vacation. I've heard those are pretty healthy.

5. -Lord-Vader-

-Lord-Vader- Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2003
    hmm. I thought Kimball was the head mod... wierd.

6. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    hmm. I thought Kimball was the head mod... wierd.

*Falls off chair*

Where'd you hear that, the TF.N Humour section?

7. Wes_Janson

Wes_Janson Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 17, 2004
    Grilled-Sarlacc
    Title: Administrator
    3SA / Icons / Admin

Wered you get that idea about Kimball ? Dude Grilled has been the head admin since Sape was ousted.

Kimball and Raven are the henchmen of G-S, lol. :p

I was coming here to see when he last loged in when I saw this, looks like Jacce beat my by mere hours to creating this.

My bet is PC problems.

KK EDIT: At least get my name right. It's at the top of the screen, after all.

8. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    You people are paying way to close attention to him, and probably others. This is disturbing.

9. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004
    Were icon artists (well me and Jace are), he uploads our icons (those that get voted in) so of course we pay attention.

10. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Were ... artists

laffo

11. Kimball_Kinnison

Kimball_Kinnison Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2001
    I believe that Grilled was planning to be away for the holiday weekend. He hasn't said anything to us about computer problems (and he has access both at home and work), so I doubt that is the case.

Kimball Kinnison
    (The Communications/PR Admin)

12. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    FYI, I wasn't ousted. Anyone who didn't register by a certain date and time was demoted. Their position was theirs to return to upon registering within a limited window. When I registered, it was assumed to be head admin again. In fact, the plan was always for me to simply carry on as head admin. During my time off, I thought about it. When I returned, I dropped the bomb that I would be turning down the head admin position. Best sanity thing I've ever done BTW. But I was never ousted. You don't oust me. I'm Darth Sapient. 8-}

I knew I wanted a break. I wanted to mod 3SA. So I said I'll return to moderating provided I am not the head admin. The admins went with GS and I had myself bumped to manager. A long time ago when I was first made an administrator, it was to do what KK is doing - dedicated Comms admin. Now KK is doing that. GS was promoted initially to admin for security and Raven (then Gandalf the Grey) for tech. Make sense?

13. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    Ah, so the whole PhilipWise situation was just a sharade, eh? ;)

14. comet1440

comet1440 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 25, 2004
    I thought the board was over when that phillip wise thing happened .

15. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    Basically everyone but me stood up and took the chair to their left.

16. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    No, it happened. But let me make it clear that I gave up the position. Philip wanted me to take it back, encouraged me to take it back. And so did Josh. I wanted the break and any mod current or otherwise working with me through all of that will verify that I gave up the position of head admin. The break was long overdue and exactly what I needed.

17. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Aye, he did willingly give up his position of Head Admin.

He was offered the position back and he declined it just the same and no one was ousted per se. We all had the choice of giving him our information and some of us said hell no, and left on their own or were demoted by Wise when he did the mass demotions.

18. Kimball_Kinnison

Kimball_Kinnison Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2001
    Grilled-Sarlacc posted a message to the Mod Squad about an hour ago. I am going to quote a part of it.
    I guess everyone saw this coming. I have gradually had more on my personal life schedule and my online time has suffered. I kept assuming (and hoping) it would get better and that I could resume some semblace of my usual online JC time, but it just isn't happening right now.

I am stepping down as head Admin and as a moderator. I am simply not here enough to justify me holding the position of head admin. Not at all. I know I did not really make huge advances with my head-admin time or make waves, but that time when Sape stepped down was right when my new job started kicking into high gear and my time started to dwindle. Some of you noticed it right away that I had been becoming more and more infrequent. I struggled with it.
    Look for more information as it becomes available.

I wish to take this public opportunity to thank Grilled for his hard work and service both as Head Admin and in his other positions within the Administration. You've been there for me when I needed the help. I wish that I could be there for you more.

Kimball Kinnison

19. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    GS is my friend, I've spoken with him many times, and I hope he posts here. He put in more work than anyone will ever realize.

20. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    REAL LIFE EATS SARLACC: NEWS AT ELEVEN.

Shock Horror, JC in uproar, Tears, Panic, The dead rising from the grave, Human sacrifice, dogs and cats, living together.

UKS

21. Semblance

Semblance Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2003
    Some of you noticed it right away that I had been becoming more and more infrequent.

Of course we noticed! GS was a great asset for the 3SA. Here's to your future endeavors!

22. Ph0enix

Ph0enix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2002
    :eek:

[color=008080]Here's to the Marine in Green for a job well done[/color] =D=

23. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Thanks for all of the hard work and time you devoted to this place G-S.
    You were always more than helpful to me when I needed it. :)

24. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004
    Semper Fi Marine.

25. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

Grilled, I remember when we had those Hyperspace chats all the time...and you always posted a great summary right afterwards. You have dedicated your time to these boards and for that I can speak for everyone in saying that you will truly be missed as a user and as a Moderator. We all wish you the best of luck, thank you for everything...the 3SA won't be the same without you!

=D= to Grilled

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.