main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[GEN] Your Friendly Neighborhood Admins...

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Mr. K, Aug 7, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    Sorry... somehow, I don't see some threads... ;)

NAME: Jason/Mr. P
    JC REGISTRATION: April 1, 2000 (yup, believe it)
    FAV. SW MOVIE: The Phantom Menace
    FAV COLOR: red or blue
    FAV MOVIE (non-SW): Probably Blazing Saddles or The Spanish Prisoner
    FAV SW CHARACTER: Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader or Padme Amidala

BIO: Born in Buffalo, New York, Mr. P moved to Houston (Texas) and [/b]Mystic[/b] (Connecticut) within the first year-and-a-half of his life, until moving back to Buffalo when he was about two, where he has lived ever since. He first saw the Star Wars movies on the television in the late eighties/early nineties, but didn't really get into the series until he saw the SEs in the theatres in '97. He then was still more of a casual fan, but really quite became a serious fan when he saw The Phantom Menace. He found the JC (and became addicted to it) by accident in late March 2000, when he lurked in the P(SA) forum and registered to post a thread about his ideas on the origins of Boba Fett (which, surprise surprise, didn't get any replies). Since then he has seen the light and given up Spoilers. He never really was all that much into spoiler, anyway. He became addicted to Fan Fiction just after he registered, wrtiing a number of fanfics. He focuses on Episodes II + III (Non-Spoilers) with SotS, and also posts/helps to moderate various other forums, such as Community, Fan Fiction (though some would argue that that forum doesn't need any moderation), and a few other forums.

2. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
  3. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Uppers!

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
  5. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    NAME: Kadue/Matt
    JC REGISTRATION: June 20, 2000.
    MOD AREA: EU Community
    FAV. SW MOVIE: The Empire Strikes Back
    FAV COLOR: blue
    FAV MOVIE (non-SW): Ghost in the Shell
    FAV SW CHARACTER: Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader

BIO: Born in country NSW, Australia, Kadue has moved all around the state before settling at the moment in Canberra. Kadue is at university studying forensic science, and currently working in a medical laboratory. Became interested in SW watching the originals on video, but addicted with Zahn's Heir to the Empire. Found the JC in June 2000, but happened to forget about it until January when stumbled across the original e-mail with password. Stuck to Lit for a while, then moved out to the OT and JCC forums, eventually ending up all over the boards. Was there when the EUC started, and has never looked back. Finally annoyed enough admins to get the job of fixing that place, and also holds the fort as the night shift for most of the week.

6. Valiowk

Apr 23, 2000
    Forensic science...cool! And I was just going to PM you today to ask you what you were taking in University, Kadue! I swear it must be the force or something... ;)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  7. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    Hmmm, I never posted here? [face_blush]

NAME: Commander Antilles.
    JC REGISTRATION: Lurked from about February 1999, and finally registered in July 99.
    MOD AREA: FanForce UK and Collecting.
    FAV. SW MOVIE: The Empire Strikes Back.
    FAV. COLOR: Blue.
    FAV. NON-SW MOVIE: Highlander, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Excalibur.
    FAV SW CHARACTER: Three guesses, and the first two don't count.

I was semi interested in SW in the early 80's, when ROTJ came out and for a while afterwards, but lost interest in 1987. That was it until 1996, when a new UK SW mag and the release of the SEs brought me back into the fold, with the figures and toys a large focus of my fandom.
    I live in London, UK, and do architectural CAD work. Right now though, I'm between jobs. Anyone got any vacancies, by any chance? ;)

8. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    NAME: EagleIFilms
    JC REGISTRATION: Was EagleImagery since Oct 00, lost password, been EIF since June 01
    MOD AREA: Huh?
    FAV. SW MOVIE: A New Hope, with TPM right behind
    FAV. COLOR: Blue.
    FAV. NON-SW MOVIE: The Empire Strikes Backyard, Indy tril, Matrix
    FAV SW CHARACTER: Jar Jar, or Obi-Wan, or Padme [face_love]

I've been a SW fan since about 1994, or whenever Rebel Assault came out. I was 8, but I loved the game. After that my SW emories are kind of fuzzy. I saw the films somewhere in between then and 1997. I know I was psyced about the SEs, but I never went on the Net so I didn't know about them until I saw a poster in the theater. I became a really big fan in 1997, and was absolutily blown away when TPM came out. In 2000 I discovered FanFilms.com and signed up for the boards. And later I discovered TF.N, and my life has never been the same since. I'm currently making a fan film called Terran Jedi Order.

I'm not an admin yet, but I will someday!

9. keokiswahine

keokiswahine Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 4, 2000
    :D :D :D

Eagle, you're trying; good luck

10. Valiowk

Apr 23, 2000
  11. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    NAME: Bobafemme
    JC REGISTRATION: On Fan Force boards the day they started, moved to JC in (I can't remember, look below my name)
    MOD AREA: FanForce Midwest and Pacific Islands
    FAV. COLOR: Purple, then orange
    FAV. NON-SW MOVIES: Return to Paradise, Uncle Buck, Bandits (the German film, not this US crap out)
    FAV SW CHARACTER: The obvious one, Vader, and Dengar

I loved Vader so much as a young girl I used to practice kissing on my door-size Vader poster. That thing was smeared with Lipsmackers. I'm also into Hello Kitty and corsetry. Don't ask how the three blend. ;)

All of you should look up your city in Fan Force Forums.

12. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    NAME: Erik. That's all you need to know.
    JC REGISTRATION: May 26, 1999 (yup, believe it)
    FAV COLOR: Blue or forest green
    FAV MOVIE (non-SW): I'm quite partial to The Usual Suspects and Memento
    FAV SW CHARACTER: Tarkin. He didn't take guff from any young whippersnappers. Or planets.

BIO: I am a college student (Junior) at Miami of Ohio in Oxford, OH, but a Chicagoan by birth and until I die (!). I consider myself civically responsible, politically active and am not ashamed to say I am a proud Republican and Christian. I've been a SW fan since I got some figures after tonsil surgery back when I was four: Bib Fortuna, Leia in Endor Poncho, Admiral Ackbar and a Biker Scout, I think. I read the EU and accept some of it as yahoo and some as continuity. I read whenever I can and think those who don't are foolish and ignorant; reading expands our thinking, challenges us. I am an aspiring writer and someday will own you all.

And becoming a mod was the most shocking event of my board experience. Ask Kadue; shakey hands and giddy smiling. Completely unexpected.

13. Lord Bane

May 26, 1999
    NAME: Erik. That's all you need to know.
    JC REGISTRATION: May 26, 1999 (yup, believe it)
    FAV COLOR: Blue or forest green
    FAV MOVIE (non-SW): I'm quite partial to The Usual Suspects and Memento
    FAV SW CHARACTER: Tarkin. He didn't take guff from any young whippersnappers. Or planets.

BIO: I am a college student (Junior) at Miami of Ohio in Oxford, OH, but a Chicagoan by birth and until I die (!). I consider myself civically responsible, politically active and am not ashamed to say I am a proud Republican and Christian. I've been a SW fan since I got some figures after tonsil surgery back when I was four: Bib Fortuna, Leia in Endor Poncho, Admiral Ackbar and a Biker Scout, I think. I read the EU and accept some of it as yahoo and some as continuity. I read whenever I can and think those who don't are foolish and ignorant; reading expands our thinking, challenges us. I am an aspiring writer and someday will own you all.

And becoming a mod was the most shocking event of my board experience. Ask Kadue; shakey hands and giddy smiling. Completely unexpected.

14. Lord Bane

May 26, 1999
    I'm having a heck of a time with posting here...all sorts of errors.

15. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    The colors... they mess you up bad!

Err, umm, congrats Bane.

16. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    NAME: Terry
    JC REGISTRATION: Nov 2000
    MOD AREA: Fan Force NE Region and where I'm needed
    FAV COLOR: Slate Grey or orange
    FAV MOVIES (non-SW): Gladiator, The Children of the Corn series, Brave Heart, Matrix
    FAV SW CHARACTER: Wedge, I need to see more Wedge in the NJO, you here me Lucas!

BIO: I am a student at Pittsburgh Technical Institute, Pittsburgh, PA. I study Multimedia Design, my main focus is Interactive Design(DVD menus and the sort).
    I've lived here in the Pittsburgh area my whole life and hope to keep it that way, but I probably have to move sooner or later to find work.

I've always been a casual Star Wars fan my entire life as far back as I can remember. I became a huge fan around my junior year of high school when I got into collecting comics and playing the CCG. I found the JC about a year ago under the name Jawahunter, lurked for a while and then lost my password and stopped coming for a while. Came back around november of 2000 because I found Fan Force and haven't stop coming back since.

17. Uwanna Buyer

Uwanna Buyer Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 14, 2000
    Oh, the irony of the title of this thread.
    [face_laugh]

We love everyone. Even you, Big D :D

18. Son of the Black Holes

Son of the Black Holes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 1999
    Name: Evil T. Win
    JC Registration: June 1999
    Favorite Colors: Black and blood red.
    Favorite SW Movie: The Empire Strikes Back, cause it's dark and stuff.
    Favorite Non-SW Movie: Anything with blood and dark stuff.
    Favorite SW Character: Vader.

Bio: I was born a poor... er, too early. I'm SotS' evil twin, and I've been around since the Summer of '99. I made my existence known by posting a thread called "Evil Twins and Clones of the JC Unite!" which led to the infamous Sith War. Then I reappered in Halloween of that year to scare away my goody-two-shoes twin and I even made the "'Evil' Member Update: The Rise and Fall of the Sith Council (11-01-99)" that was better than any of the ones he did. I didn't do much in the following years besides a few appearances here and there. But I am now a Mod, at last, though it will sadly be only for a short while.

19. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    NAME: Silmarillion
    JC REGISTRATION: Jul. 1999
    FAV. SW MOVIE: "Empire Strikes Back"
    FAV COLOR: #2C668B
    FAV MOVIE (non-SW) "Apollo 13"
    FAV SW CHARACTER: Cantina Han.

BIO: I've completed a three year IT degree, majoring in Artificial Intelligence and Information Systems. I'm currently working as an Internet Developer, but I plan to travel the world, then complete a post grad in Science majoring in Astrophysics or something like that.

I would do Rocket Science if I could!

If you're going to SW Celebration, look out for the Aussie chick. (I'm probably at the bar). ;)

20. Talon Squad Leader

Talon Squad Leader Former Manager star 5

Dec 22, 1999
    NAME: Talon Squad Leader/TSL/Kevin
    JC REGISTRATION: December 1999
    FAV. SW MOVIE: "Return of the Jedi"
    FAV COLOR: Dark Navy Blue
    FAV MOVIE (non-SW) "Shawshank Redemption" "Fletch" etc etc
    FAV SW CHARACTER: Wedge

BIO: Biology Major currently kicking around the idea of being a doctor/research scientist. However I do enjoy graphics, webdesign, and writing. I currently reside in Nebraska, but I was born in California. My advice is this for anybody that does not live in Nebraska: never come here. :)

21. Jade Skyhiker

Jade Skyhiker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    "My advice is this for anybody that does not live in Nenbraska: never come here"
    aye aye

I concur! I concur

follow that sage advice peeps

BTW, congratsies TSL! :D

22. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Two fellow researchers here? Awesome. :D

23. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    Is it true that the Nebraska state tree is the telephone pole? :D

I've never been there.

No regrets.

24. JediWarrior

JediWarrior Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 7, 2000
    I find it offensive that my blatant rip-off of a Sesame Street Song signature was blatantly ripped off for this title long ago, :p

25. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    NAME: Johanna
    JC REGISTRATION: Nov 98
    FAV. SW MOVIE: Empire Strikes Back
    FAV COLOR: Blue
    FAV MOVIE (non-SW): Michael Collins
    FAV SW CHARACTER: Han Solo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.