GenCon 2017 (50th Anniversary!)--Check In

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by twowolves, Jan 30, 2017.

1. twowolves Jedi Master

star 4
    EVENT DATE: August 17-20
    GenCon Information is HERE

Anyone going to GenCon in 2017? I'm going, and I'll probably be booking my ticket and hotel in a few weeks (the deadline is March). Ticket prices are $90 for the four day pass, and if you haven't gone but wanted to ever go, this would be the one to see. This is the 50th anniversary, and it's going to be huge. It's held in Indianapolis, and since I live north of Chicago, I'm willing to pick up any stragglers along the way if they don't have a ride but want to go. Wyndham Hotel right outside the city charged me about $300 three years ago for four days, so I don't imagine it went up too much, and that was for a double.

Looking for people to go as it is far more fun in a group than alone, but if I have to go alone, I will--and then I'll post pics here to show you what you missed! :p

Check in time!
    Last edited by twowolves, Jan 30, 2017
  2. CalaelAzasar Host of Quick-Games

Game Host
    star 5
    I wish I could. But it's not possible for me this year.

via R9-P4 :r2h:
    twowolves likes this.
  3. twowolves Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll make sure to post pics. The Fiftieth anniversary is once in a lifetime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. twowolves Jedi Master

star 4
    I think this is a sufficient time to wait to make a double post to bump.

Going to GenCon. Ah, January, you were so hopeful. Here's how I imagine it going:

[IMG]

*First hour goes by*

"Well, that was fun. Time to go home."

To do list:

>Chessex Stand
    >Cuss Tracy Hickman out for never sending me my third book in the extremely limited series of books he wrote with his wife that cost me $200
    >Shake my head at their musical choice. Pff. "Might Be Giants." More like Might Be Out of Business.
    >Chessex Stand. Again.
    >Ubisoft booth; sign up for their betas, enter to win the laptop I don't want to sell on ebay for money to make it to Belize.

Hmm...I would have thought I'd have more to do. Oh, well, this just allows me to get back to work sooner.

Yay.

Let's see if my post-GenCon post matches up with my prediction.

>100,000+ people in attendance, literally a sea of people, and still the only person there.