main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA General Costuming Discussion: RL and 501st

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by amaunet, Apr 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Because of the discussion of the 501st in other threads (taking them off-topic) and comments that insinuate that there may be an issue with the relationship between the 501st and the CC, I have started this thread for those members who wish to discuss any aspect of the 501st and its events/activities in and around the Richmond Area.

If you have a question on 501st, how to become a member, what events they have, what they are doing, please post it here. Please DO NOT start other threads on the 501st without consulting me. As this is FF, not the 501st message boards, I would like to keep things organized and easy to find. I feel this is best done by keeping things in a single thread :)

If it is an activity that everyone in the CC might be interested in, ie Star Wars Night at the Diamond, a seperate thread will be prefered. Armour parties, however would be something more for those members of the 501st specifically and would be better suited to this thread.

Question or comments? Please let me know. :)

2. SuperShipley

SuperShipley Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2005
    Awesome, thanks! Yes I can see how things can easily deviate. But I'm here as both a fan, and a rep of the 501st. And for most of our events, it's generally not a '501st exclusive' event, so feel free - just like we'll be at Episode 3 in armor, don't let that stop you from not coming out and saying hey if you'll be in the area. Same for the event at the Diamond.

And I appologize if any of the threads have been hijacked or gone off topic.

3. SuperShipley

Apr 4, 2005
    In response to Warbirds question - the "ghetto garrison" is our fun, easy going, party group within garrison tyranus. membership open to anyone that likes to party, get down and have fun.

*note membership in the ghetto garrison does not mean 501st membership* lol

so yea, anyone that likes to party, like star wars and likes to have a good time, let me know and i'll see if i can get ya in!

4. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    I would be interested in that until I make my Official Membership costume.

5. JediMistressDragon

JediMistressDragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 1999
    And if you're going to discuss 501st, then how about Rebel Legion (other side of Star Wars Costuming)http://rebellegion.com/index.asp?IE=2 and Jedi Assembly (for those with jedi costumes): http://www.thejediassembly.com/ 6501st is not end-all of costuming and this should be fair to all.
    Enough of my soapboxing as these forum belong to FanForce, as it should. Be do check out the links on the other two major costuming clubs please.
    JMD

6. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    I will see about having the title changed accordingly :) Didn't think about the RL because the discussion taking my topics off-topic were 501st...

Feel free though to discuss any costuming thoughts,comments, issues

7. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    A lot of us are double agents. ;)

LOL!

8. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    Matt,

Does Tyranus have Biker Scouts? I cant remember. I am currently talking with the Pathfinders and gearing up to start that project!

Along with all my other Sithly duties

9. SuperShipley

Apr 4, 2005
    That's only b/c the RL doesn't matter, only Imperial business - I mean, we just look so much cooler in our armor than any rebel or jedi out there.

As for scout, yea we have like 4 or 5 scouts, myself included.

As for you F16Warbird, I just got one word for you -- DRINKER! hehehe

10. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    Kool! You a Pathfinder?

I am looking into doing this costume! any help would be great!

11. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    If people are going to put down other interests within this thread, I will have it LOCKED along with any other thread in which the topic is discussed...

Joking or not (You gave NO indication of being joking here, mind you), it is TOTALLY uncalled for.

STOP THE BASHING RIGHT NOW!!!

12. SuperShipley

Apr 4, 2005
    Relax people, I'm always joking. This is a forum, not a job. I don't want to have to deal with that crap here too. Pam and I are in the 501st and she knows I'm joking. If not - I AM - most of the time I am.

13. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Then next time try a :) or a "lol" within your post please....so we are all in the joke and you do not come off as a jerk

14. SuperShipley

Apr 4, 2005
    But... I'm still a jerk. And I think I'd just be easier for me to put a "i'm serious" when I actually am, b/c that happens way less.

15. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    I've gotta agree. Matt is a jerk! :p

JUST KIDDING!!

Matt, got an invite for me?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.