main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

general crapus

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by redfox45, Nov 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfox45

redfox45 Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2006
    probably like alot of people here after seeing episode 20 of clone wars when grievous cleaned up i was realy looking forward to seeing him in the movie. He had already proved that he could take on more than one jedi with only 2 hands/swords so with 4 he would be twice as good or so i thaught. I was looking forward to seeing grievous as much as seeing yoda vs sidious and after seeing his poor performance in ep 3 i almost spat at the movie screen, he had already proved that he could avoid having his hand chopped off in clone wars when he did that thing where he let go and let the sword pass though the gap so why did he lose his hands in seconds?! OB1 ISNT THAT GOOD!i mean hes a 4 armed part droid part alien killing machine! i was expecting him to be what the OFFICIAL SITE! described him as and i quote "nearly invincible against the jedi"

i know he was kind of crushed by mace in episode 25 but that is no excuse, the spec effects people were being lazy in my opinion, grievous could have been the coolest bad guy in the whole series (what a waste).

was anyone else shocked by how poor the built up grievous was?

2. Kassy

Kassy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    No, thought he was great, if he was any better then he'd overshadow Anakin !

My only regret is that he was not in Episodes I & II also, as there would have been great character development there.

3. major_phennir

major_phennir Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2006
    Personally I thought Grevious was an unnecessary character in Episode III. He was supposed to be a villain yet seemed to display amazing cowardice in the face of adversity e.g. his flight from the Invisible Hand when confronted with Obi-wan and Anakin. For a machine/alien that was supposed to be nearly invincible, he was easily undone in the face of a real challenge.

Moreover, I didn't see the point of introducing a new villain in Episode III. To my mind, it crowded the film with one too many characters. Grevious had little relevance, IMHO, to the main plot and only served to provide unwelcome diversions. If Lucas had cut the Grevious sequences and instead invested more in Anakin's descent to the Dark Side, Revenge of the Sith would have been a far darker and better film.

4. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    I think that they made him awesome in the clone wars then then George wrote Obi beats Greivous that kinda went 'Crap, slipped up there!' and had to work out someway to beat a 4 handed killing machine... there was none so they just made him crap.

5. Kiz-Joa_Janall

Kiz-Joa_Janall Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2005
    I don't think Greivous was crap at all, he was (as previously said) an unneccesary character though. Also alot of peeps are forgetting that Obi-Wan was one of the greatest Jedi ever, so beating Greivous was inevitable really. Plus he may have been unneccesary for us, but was neccesary for Sideous' plans to come about(if you read the book all will be told - Muwah ha ha ha ha).

6. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Episode III was the first time I had seen him, but a lot of the friends I went with had seen the cartoon, and commented that the animated version would have taken Obi-Wan out in seconds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.