main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

General Grevious...A Jedi Mistake?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Poor Greedo, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    The Jedi sought to punish Grevious and in doing so starved his entire race by shutting down trade routes? that seems a bit extreme and against the Jedi practices (the suffering of many for the actions of one)...and its own way created the vengeful Grevious...

any thoughts? are the jedi THAT dogmatic that this seemed the only recourse? curious to hear your thoughts on this...

2. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    For the Kaleesh, war is an essential part of life. At one point, they got attacked by the Huk, a race living near to them, without a reason, just because Huk are aggressive, too. Kalee bid the Republic for help, it send Jedi into the conflict, but they allied themselves with the Huk and devastated Kalee.

Jedi practices? Wiping out the Sith species in a massive genocide?

3. Poor Greedo

Nov 6, 2012
    The Sith are largely evil and manipulative..the desire for power through suffering is way of life for them and IMHO needed to be stopped...

A war-like race is still a threat, but the decision to set up a trade block and make the entire race starve and die for the actions of one soul? I would seek retribution from Grevious and his out of control advances, not starve his entire race. It just seems extreme...like demanding every imperial die just because of the job they have. As all Imps are not evil I imagine not all Kaleesh were evil either. Hell, even sand people have a soft side ;)

4. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Not all Sith species members are evil. Sek'now Rath for example was a Je'daii on Tython, well he used the Dark Side a bit, but I won't classify him as "evil". Also I don't think the average non-force sensitve, non-fighting and non-government serving are manipulative or evil.

The Kaleesh were organized into many tribes, they fought their wars against other Kaleesh in most cases, they don't attack other species just without reason.

5. Poor Greedo

Nov 6, 2012
    I'm certainly not disagreeing with you on these points. It appears that the Huk were the aggressors, and when Grevious's thirst for revenge could not be quenched, the Jedi stepped in and stopped him by blocking his home planets food supply. This in turned killed many Kaleesh. With no choice but to save his people he stopped the advances on the Huk. I just think the Jedi, not necessarily chose the wrong side, but the method they used was somewhat debatable.

6. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I really liked the backstories of characters such as Grievous and Ventress since they really show how they came to be evil.
    Personnaly, I think no one is evil from the start. Everone is influenced by what he or she has been through.

Poor Greedo likes this.
  7. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    You have this slightly backwards.

The Huk, a Republic member, launched numerous attacks onto their neighbors and began to carve themselves out a little empire. They arrived at Kalee and enslaved millions of Kaleesh. Qymaen jai Sheelal rose up against the Huk and the tide of the war turned. The Kaleesh, under Qymaen's leadership, decided to take the fight to the Huk worlds and exterminate them for their crimes against Kalee.

On the losing end of the war, the Huk contacted the Republic(which as I mentioned they were a part of) and the Republic sent two Jedi to mediate the dispute. Amazingly the Jedi ruled in favor of the Republic member world and reccomended crippling sanctions against Kalee which further decimated their population due to starvation.

Grievous most certainly decided to take work with the CIS due to this, to both get revenge and hopefully lift the sanctions against his homeworld. Iirc he did eventually hunt down and kill both Jedi who ruled against the Kaleesh(not that they should have been allowed to genocide the Huk of course, but I do think there was a more neutral answer to the situation).

So yes, the Jedi can take some credit for the creation of General Greivous.

Poor Greedo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.