main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

General Grievous comic book error??

Discussion in 'Literature' started by darthwingduck398686, Aug 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthwingduck398686

darthwingduck398686 Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2006
    I was going to post this in the thread for this comic but it was locked. But has anyone else noticed that in this miniseries that Grievous has the ability to deflect blaster fire with his lightsaber? I thought you needed the force to do that. And the last time I checked, Grievous was not force sensitive whatsoever. Just something I found strange. Maybe the artist forgot to do his/her homework.[face_shame_on_you]

2. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Someone once made a post about how either the artist or the author of that series seemed to think Grievous was Force-sensitive. As I recall, they mentioned a few other cases where an effect is drawn that resembles a Force push or pull. I think you're right, and there was some confusion somewhere along the way.

Although frankly, that's the least of that comic's faults.

3. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    He's a cyborg with hyper-accelerated reflexes. That's the reason why he can kill Jedi; that's the reason he can deflect blaster bolts.

4. JaySkywalker01

JaySkywalker01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2005
    Wasn't Luke still able to deflect lightsaber bolts with his saber when he was cut off from the force on Myrkr? That's a bigger question for me. I can buy Grievous because he is basically meant to be a jedi droid.

5. darthwingduck398686

darthwingduck398686 Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2006
    I dont think it ever mentions in Heir to the Empire about Luke deflecting blaster fire without the force on Myrkr. I could be wrong though. And even though Grievouse was trained by a former Jedi/current Sith, it doesn't mean he learned the ways of the force.

6. Kaje

Kaje Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2005
    No, you don't need the Force to deflect blaster bolts. All you need is the ability to move fast enough or detect where the bolts will be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.