main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

General Grievous costume...

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by sal, Aug 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    i know there is a thread similar to this, but since I might have to scrap the Ani costume, I wanna know how, I could pull this off.

I was thinking the amar is an over suit thing, and then a type of jumpsuit underneath, similar to the one Anthony uses on the s.w. set.

Ideas would be greatly appretiated!!

2. DanakinSkywalker

DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2003
    My advice: Wait until the movie comes out.

3. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    can't I'll need It by C3 I already have enough pics of him to know ideas of how to make it, I'm probably going to make the helmet out of that pvc strip stuff.

4. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    I attempted to make the helmet out of sintra awhile back, didn't work for me.

5. donsolo

donsolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2004
    sounds verry challenging... from the pics Id say it would work well as a suit

6. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    I'm going to make the helmet tomm.

7. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    I'm thinking of going as Ani one day and grevious the next, since I can now go as him.

I'm probably going to make the face part out of metal, the same kind you can use for Mandalorian armor, and the ear parts out of bowl tipe things that are heavily modified.

8. McLean

McLean Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2004
    i think for building grevious you should bite the bullet and make a vacuform machine

it just seems like so much of the costume is odd curved parts that the finished product will look better

but thats just my opinion

9. Man_from_Naboo

Man_from_Naboo Jedi Master star 1

Apr 18, 2004
    You can use Sintra for this, with a heatgun and a bit if patience. but the thing is, it is not too easy to get two parts that look exactly the same, i.e. the mask to look absolutely symmetrical.

Michael

10. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Sintra won't work for Grievous without a heck of a lot of bondo.

11. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Now, grevious is my only option, I don't know what to do with the parksaber, if I'm not going to be ani there's no point that like 8 weeks down the drain, and its not even here.

12. kawaiiwildragon

kawaiiwildragon Jedi Youngling

Sep 24, 2003
  13. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    Grievous is not your only option. There are hundreds of easier SW costumes. And you've given up on Anakin because your Park saber didn't arrive the next day?

14. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    No, it's not that, when it comes I'll probably still convert it to the Ani saber, but its just my new schools rules on your hair, and it takes me forever to grow my hair back, although, I do have one more option, is Boba Fett, I look like the kid kinda, but not sure which is easier.

15. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    Well, a Mandalorian is much easier than a costume which no one has attempted (finished anyway) yet, but it's still no easy feat. It's also very expensive if you're going for an accurate suit.

From what I've seen you're a beginning costumer. While it's good to want to take on such ambitious projects you should really do an easy one, such as a custom Jedi, first to get your bearings. Just my .02.

16. Man_from_Naboo

Man_from_Naboo Jedi Master star 1

Apr 18, 2004
    What ???

Rules for the hairdo you wanna wear ?

Is this some kind of anti-gang measurement ? What neighbourhood are you going to school in ?! Or are you going to some kind of military school ?

Man, you SHOULD have gone back in time and told yourself where you are going to place the keys to your dads car...

;)
    Michael

17. McLean

Jan 1, 2004
    i think perscription contact lenses in the same grievous style would really add to the costume

great. now im probably going to start making this costume

18. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Well, its a catholic high, ear lobs, brows, collar, but for some reason I had to go super short, my Dad says it will grow back by Halloween, which is when I want it done, but I doubt that, so I guess I have two options.

- And I've been doing costumes, mostly props for a couple of years, I'm great at making replica props like sabers, and my robes, and stuff would be sown by my mom.

- So no, I could make it, it just might take more time than more experinced people.

- I'll have a sample work put up soon, its a photo of my Luke RoTJ saber, its done, but needs its paint, job.

19. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Well, I was thinking that, those only cost like 100 or so in some places, but if I finish this, I'll end up putting a latex around to creat the scared skin round the eyes, and then forgetting the contacs.

- I AM open to creative ideas, I'm most likely going with my body suit idea, and if not I'll just be a mandalorian, or Boba.

20. McLean

Jan 1, 2004
    i would think a great deal of the undersuit would be made out of latex

you might need to wear the cloak alot to get a more realistic look, because, honestly, no one has like 3 inch thick calfs

so, yah

it'd also be good to research the trailer thats going to come out for gary oldmans altered voice and see how that could be done

this'll be a fun project

i think i'll give it a shot

21. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Well, the latex will only be for any skin that shows, like the eyes, everything else will be a dark under suit, most likely what ever color the cloak is.

22. McLean

Jan 1, 2004
    it just seems like alot of the undersuit will need to move but need rertain a solid shape

latex seems like the solution to me

like in this pick-

[image=http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2004/03/img/20040315_1_bg.jpg]

i dont think i would do such a strong turqouise color though

i hate turqouise

23. McLean

Jan 1, 2004
    im still not sure how you would go about doing the crotch/thigh area

without making it look rediculous

24. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Well hers how I'll do it.

Black spandex type undersuit that covers the whole body including head.

Armor made out of a light metal that is flexible but still holds shape.

Helmet, would be out of a light metal, and other.

the helmet would just slip over my head, and the armor, would just be velcrowed on or somthing.

might take alittle while to get into it though.

- and as for the thigh area, I might simplify that just a bit.

- seems good for now, think it will work...?

25. McLean

Jan 1, 2004
    that would work, but i dont think you need to use metal

and there are a few details under the armor that you would miss with a black under suit(like the weird green "skin" underneath the armor in the chest/stomach area

the reason i dont htink metal is nesecary, because the only advantage i could see from doing that is having the metal look, but if you look at the costume its kindof an ivory metalic look. not just metalic

but i dont know

i still need to finish some other projects before i start on this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.