main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

General Grievous costume...

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by sal, Aug 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    for the arms I would make them from a lighweight material and have them work with invisible string attached to your upper arm, like one of those kiddy costumes but more advanced.

I guess I'll try to start up a GG helmet, cause I'll be finishing up my anakin and obi sabers soon.

----------
    EDIT
    I have a thought for the helmet, you could build the helmet up from your shoulders, you could have some mesh covering you head, and then put wires and stuff round that, and then build the helmet up off that or sometihng...

just a thought.

2. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I'm pretty sure he has 6 fingers... his arms split and he has 3 on each as a result. My recommendation for this would be to make some sort of lightsaber holding appendage with 3 fingers on it that you attach to your real elbow, and cover up 3 of your real fingers on each hand somehow, (i.e. use gloves, and have white fingers for Grievous's 3 fingers and black fingers for the 3 you want to hide)

3. Jealously_Guarded

Jealously_Guarded Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2004
    I know that there will be a Grevious at Celebration 3, but no, there are no pictures available yet. I gave him lots of technical advice and he wont even give ME pics of it yet.

For a taste:::

He is only making two arms, as while 4 would be cool, we still have to live in the real world. And most of what he is doing is the white robe.

4. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    yeah, it would be much easier to just make the upper body and arms with lower legs, which is prob what i'll just do.

5. GreekGodChaos1234

GreekGodChaos1234 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2004
    bump, any updates from anyone?? please??

6. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    i've mostly been brain storming...
    I'll try to start soon, I've been really busy.

7. Jaareth

Jaareth Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2004
    grevious has 6 fingers....4 normal and two opposable thumbs...the hand splits between the two central fingers forming two arms from the shoulder down with each hand having a thumb and 2 fingers. A suggestion is to make the arms in thier closed postion..that way all you need to do is add a fake opposable thumb on the bottom of your hand/glove section.

8. grimnr

grimnr Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2005
    Hello everyone I'm new here and was reading the post and had an idea for the body of General Grevious. How about a modified skeleton costume for the body, it would already have a solid form that can be added onto useing several of the materials already mention in this topic. As for the mask, the most cost effective way to make one durable would be paper-mache
    with a coating of fiberglass. if done with some help you could mold the paper-mahce to conform to your face then build from there.

9. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    paper mache GG mask, now I can work with that!

10. trancer77

trancer77 Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm new to the board, but an old hack at mask building. After returning from C3, I've decided to take on building a GG costume. I'll post updates as I progress.

The mask will be first, then rely on it for relational dimensions for the rest of the costume.

Anyone make a successful mask yet?

11. siLv_Rieekan

siLv_Rieekan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Ask the guy that won the contest on C3

12. Jealously_Guarded

Jealously_Guarded Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2004
    C3 had two Grevious's, and I have seen pics of both of them online.

13. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    lets see em.

14. Darth_Freege

Darth_Freege Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    The official SW site has a pic of the grevious that won the costume

15. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    [image=http://www2.indystar.com/users/multimedia/galleries/2005/04/starwars23/photo06.jpg]
    Winner of the Villian Division in the costume pageant and Best in Show.

And another picture that shows his scale:
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/f20050419/20050419_picview/img/111.jpg]

It was an awesome costume!

16. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    thats how i would make the head, build it off the shoulders, thats what i meant.

17. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    ~bump...............

18. GreekGodChaos1234

GreekGodChaos1234 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2004
    bump, any updates guyz??

19. anifan

anifan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2005
    bump anymore updates hello

20. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    there was a grievous at comic con that was even better than the one at celebration 3 the actual person was underneath the cloak and had a black frame to form the slouched position then the whole thing was made of foam apart from the side pieces of grievous's head was made of from what I could see that lightweight wood they use to make model planes with it honestly looked simple I will try and find some pictures though of it and post them, what I just remembered also when they had the star wars panel in the main hall grievous came in there and actually sat down in this costume.

21. anifan

anifan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2005
    I think I saw a pic of that somewhere but i dont remember where

22. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/drago_x/SW%20Stuff/AoSW/DSCF7268.jpg]
    Found this in an Art of Star Wars thread on a site, thought it was interesting, looks like the concept artists? Created a real life exacmple of the GG helmet.

23. 6_fingers

6_fingers Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2006
    hi, im not sure if anyone is still reading this thread, but i did a grievous costume for the midnight release of episode 3, and then upgraded it for the dvd, and i am now working on what i hope will be a canon version that the 501st will accept

here is grievous 1.0 as he was present at the ep3 midnight release, the eyes are rigged to light up, but i forgot to turn them on (i still kick myself to this day for that) and the picture was taken with a very bad camera
    http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/2345/image14of.jpg
    grievous 1.5 pictures taken before dvd midnight release
    http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/949/dsc016539np.jpg
    http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9454/dsc016552lk.jpg
    http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/222/dsc016587et.jpg
    i apoligize for the sideways images, my bad. the eyes were lit, they just didnt photograph well

24. gemini_khan

gemini_khan Jedi Youngling

Aug 24, 2002
    Ok, finally I can post...
    tell me what you think about this guys:
    Grievous head

IT's only the head.
    It was a made by a member of our fan club in Rome, Italy.
    The thing is made off forex (abs, plastic-like material).
    He's making one hand too in order to battle with the saber :D

25. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Nice jobs on both!
    [image=http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/2296/1901061827501vm.jpg]
    ob1al reuploaded the grevious head pic, it should work now. I'm thinking it may have been made from styrene... But some have said they've tried with it and it hasnt worked, so I'm not too sure.... Thoughts?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.