main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

General Grievous costume...

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by sal, Aug 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QueenAmidalaEP1

QueenAmidalaEP1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2005
    Matthew Wood had a bunch of stuff he had to tweak and futz with when he did his live demo of the voice at his C3 panel. I was ushering for the ballroom and got to see the end of his sound check. The stuff he was using, while portable, wouldn't fit inside a costume. And it was taking HIM ages to get it all working just right.

I would go with some prerecorded clips of Grievous and put them in some kind of small player that lets you trigger selected ones.

2. FETT-MAN

FETT-MAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2005
    That was my second thought.

3. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    I finally had time to go through this thread and there are some awesome ideas here. I now...almost...need...my own lifesize Grievous Muppet.

4. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    I'm also thinking about doing a Magna Guard, but hardly anyone's given any advice.:_|

5. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    The Magna Guard might not be that bad. The current Grievous' out there are on the right path.

So far, people have built a rig to fit their body, and then built the rest of Grievous around it. I think it'd work better if you built a life-size articulated Grievous or Magna Guard, and then built a Muppet rig that you could manipulate from a big poofy cape. Weight would definitely be a problem, though. Grievous' bitz would only look good in resin.

And then, you'd have a life-size Grievous action figure that you'd have to find a place for in your house.

6. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    I may have to watch ROTS tonight after I'm done with this paper and see just how big the general really is.

7. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    Supposedly he's 7' when his legs are fully straight. When he crouches I bet he's somewhere between 6' and 6'5". Now idea on the Magna Guard, though.

8. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Finally finished that paper. Maybe I'll go pop in the DVD now...

9. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    Man, I saw a 12" figure of Grievous at a con back in April (fully poseable and everything), but it was $40 and my mom wouldn't let me get it. I haven't seen it since, and I'd just do anything to have it! It'd be a great reference for the costume, and for my endless collection of artwork. (So far I can draw every character pretty well, some trouble on Yoda, but everytime I try Grievous free-hand it sucks.)

10. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    He's a bit bigger than I remembered. Hunched over, he's about 7 feet -- he still towered over Anakin and Obi-Wan. Probably would have to compromise and scale him down. I don't think you'd have to compromise on much else, though.

Also watched Clone Wars Vol. 2. It'd almost be kinda neat to do a cartoony Clone Wars Grievous Muppet.

There are a few 12" Grievous figures on eBay right now. Hmmm...

11. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    Not allowed to get stuff online, though. :_|

12. Lord_Zerebin

Lord_Zerebin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2006
    Hey All...

My Name is Zerebin and i'm from Australia, and i have been working on a General Grievous Costume for 5 months now, slowly peicing things together, but a basic run down... I'm doing a scaled down, 2 Arm General Grievous, sort of setting him in the timeline of Clone Wars episode 20 (his big reveal) and well, the Supanova Anime/Manga/Scifi/Pop Culture convention held in Sydney Australia is when i will be revealing him in his near complete form, i don't think i will finish him perfectly intime. Anyway, mine is made from Fibreglass, Metal and strong wood, and i have gone for a Very VERY battle damaged look to him, i can't stand shiny grievous.... anyway, people might wanna see afew pics....

This is the Pre-Weathered Helmet with it's base coat on.
    [image=http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g7/Zerebin/P8140068.jpg]

I was bored, so i invade a local fast food restraunt in costume! I have my contacts on too, hard to see in a crappy photo though :(.
    [image=http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g7/Zerebin/snap0001.jpg]

This is a close up, i need to finish around the eyes still, probably a latex skin needs to go on, but the contacts are nice.
    [image=http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g7/Zerebin/100_2606.jpg]

13. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
  14. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Unlocked. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.