main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

General Grievous - What do we know ?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by episodenone, May 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I saw a pic of General Grievous on tFN main page that looked AWESOME - very menacing.

It's supposed to be a 3D rendering, but no one seems to be sure where it came from - possibly the cover of the recent CineFX?

Anyway, if that's the way he's going to look in the film, I will be happy. :D

2. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    I love that picture. I liked the first picture of Grievous in the Star Wars Insider magazine (where he was on the cover). However, this new picture looks much better. I like how Grievous' face plate looks like bone :cool:

3. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Wow, that's some nice rendering (the first full one of Grievous, I think, as opposed to the maquettes and concept art we've been getting). Is the picture in CineFX the same one as that one?

Something about those eyes is really disturbing. Something about the fleshiness in contrast to the hard, artificial mask. This is going to be one great-looking villain.

4. classixboy

classixboy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Oh I am a-tingle with excitement after seeing that pic. I *LOVE* the war-torn roughed-up look that they've given his faceplate -- reminiscent of the clone troopers' scuffed-up armor on Geonosis. The vagaries of war. Oh and to think that he might be voiced by Gary Oldman ... couldn't be better!

5. oLiquidRusho

oLiquidRusho Jedi Master star 2

May 8, 2002
    Well, I just saw that Grevious picture. I admit, I was somewhat lukewarm to his appearance earlier, but if indeed he keeps the "worn-out" look on his armor, I think he'll look great. I think it gives it that "oomph".

6. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    The thing I am most impressed with is the realism to the CG. Considering that Episode III is still a year away and the CG looks this good now, I can't even begin to imagine how awesome-tacular it will be by the time the movie is done.

7. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Is the picture in CineFX the same one as that one?

Well, I went to my local bookstore, and to answer my own question, yes. And seeing it like that, the quality looks absolutely amazing, even more than what I was seeing in the scan on TFN. I thought the CG clone troopers were great; if this is any indication, the effects in Episode III will blow those of AOTC away (which makes sense, since it's been three years after all).

8. Emperor_Windy

Emperor_Windy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2003
    i don't really think Grievious is Maul...but id like there to be a surprise in the movie that I or anyone else would have trouble forseeing

9. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    Just enough room where his eyes are to stick a lightsaber through his face plate.

10. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    THAT would be soooooooo sweet. :D

11. classixboy

May 18, 2002
    ... if predictable ;)

12. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    What would you prefer? A giant anvil falling on his head? 8-}

13. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Doesn't matter, anything will be good! The anvil is funny, in a demented sort of way..

But I'd love to see Vader gut him, see all the droid parts spill out of Grevious. :D

14. classixboy

May 18, 2002
    Garth-Maul: What would you prefer?

That he not die. That his tie-fighter get struck by an errant laser blast and spin off aimlessly into the unknown, to return sometime in the distant future ...

I'm only partially kidding of course.

15. Obi-Ewan

Obi-Ewan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 24, 2000
    Has anyone heard the rumor of who might be voicing him? Any official confirmation yet?

16. Emperor_Windy

Emperor_Windy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2003
    Hasn't Gary Oldman's name been floating around the grapevine to do the voice? I doubt it's official yet though

17. obi_wan_kanathan

obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2001
    Oldman's the popular name right now, but I'm not going to believe that he's the official choice yet. He would be a great actor to voice Grevious though.

18. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    quick mini poll:

Does he die before or after Vader?

I think dies before hand

19. classixboy

May 18, 2002
  20. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    What do you mean, Ghost?

If you're talking about whether Grievous dies before or after The Duel, I would say before.

I think The Duel will be the penultimate part of Episode III.

21. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    Let me restate my above post:

Do you think that GG will die before Vader comes onto screen. Now note, that Vader is the dark sider, who has accepted the way of the Sith over the Jedi Code, and not simply the masked man. Or do you think that GG will be around the time of GG.

While I do think that GG will share any screen time w/ DV, how great would the seen be between, GG and DV with the voies of Oldham and JEJ?

22. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    It would be a rather strange irony to have Vader and Grievous together, especially if they fought. As Grievous will be shown to be an unredeemable villain, Vader might almost take on the role of a good guy.

But, I'm not 100% convinced they're going to kill Grievous off. He might survive for the post Episode III push, whether that be books or a TV show.

23. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    I think Grievous will have a lot to do in Ep3, but will also die in Ep3.

And I really hope the Oldman thing works out. That would be a fantastic choice, and yet another of my favourite film stars that have appeared in SW.

24. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I'm curious if they would alter his voice. I think he is a good actor, and the choice could work. But I always think of him as Lee Harvey Oswald with a mousy voice and a lisp.

By the way...that bone skull helmet impresses me more and more. I wonder if perhaps his robotic body could be fashioned from the remains of his biological body?

25. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    `that bone skull helmet impresses me more and more.'

Some was stolen from ROTJ it seems. Or is that information on the page I've not read? [face_blush]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.