main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

General Grievous - What do we know ?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by episodenone, May 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    Not only is Gary Oldman one of the most respected actors in the film industry, but he also happens to have a reputation for a specialty in "voices". I'm sure he'll be more than qualified to pull off a Greivous voice. In fact I'd say he'd be the ultimate choice.

2. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Well, of course I'm in total agreement.
    Be funny if Grevious had Oldham's Jean-Baptiste Emmanuel Zorg voice from Fifth Element :p

3. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I still think that the Oswald lisp would work well. After Palpatine has run out of use for him, he can have Vader kill him. As Vader guns him down with a .38 snub nose in a parking garage, Grievous' dying words can be "But I was just a patsy."

4. Emperor_Windy

Emperor_Windy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2003
    Grievous and Vader wont fight...Yes they are both villains, and I think Grievous would be more of a good guy than Vader...I'd rather live under the Separtists than the Empire...but they are both intimidators, and that just hasnt happened in SW yet, its always good vs bad, i think it'll stay this way

5. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    It makes so much sense, but I suppose that's no guarantee of anything.

Considering the wide-ranging and overwhelmingly positive response to the Oldman rumor, Lucas must be thinking "man, I've got to give him a shot!" [face_laugh]

I think they'd probably alter his voice somewhat, just to emphasize the robotic aspect of Grievous, but I have no doubt that Oldman could do a fantastic megalomaniacal villain.

Here's hoping. :D

6. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Remember that John Dimaggio (sp?) did the voice work one GG in the CW (and the Shaggy Jedi). I think he was very awesome.

P.S.: He als did the voice for Bender!

7. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    If Grievous was voiced exactly like Bender, that would make Episode III the coolest movie of all time.

8. obi_wan_kanathan

obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2001
    Episode III would instantly be a classic to me if Grievous had Bender's voice.

Theoretical scene:
    Obi-Wan: This ends here, Grievous!
    Grievous: Bite my shiny, metal ass, Jedi!

But I'd also be happy with John DiMaggio's sinister voice that he used for Grievous in the Clone Wars. ;)

9. Raz Zaphon

Apr 9, 2000
    Well now we how Grievous dies. He uses a suicide booth.

10. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    Obi-Wan: This ends here, Grievous!
    Grievous: Bite my shiny, metal ass, Jedi!

[face_laugh]

11. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    any ideas to his homeworld?

how he came to be this way?

is his entire species this way?

12. Raz Zaphon

Apr 9, 2000
    any ideas to his homeworld?

how he came to be this way?

is his entire species this way?

All to be covered in ze EU. But if I had to guess...

Homeworld: Blahblahblahblahlbah

Why is he the way he is? Because he wants to be more powerful than any Jedi or politician. If I had to guess I'd say he'd eventually try to take on Dooku if it weren't for those pesky kids coming along and foiling the Confederacy's plot.

Is his entire species tha way? That's a pretty freaky idea, an entire species of Grievous'

EDIT: Actually that's an interesting idea to dwell on; Grrrievous kills the Dookmeister in the movie, then one of the Jedi kills Grievous; bye bye Confederacy. It's kind of stupid, but no one would ever guess that would happen. It's like the bad guy gets killed by the other bad guy. That would make Grievous a really, bad guy and then later on Palpatine is revealed as the really, really, bad guy and then we feel like Anikan's a really, really, really bad guy because he's supposed to be a good guy. Heh. Anyhoo it sort of mirrors Vader talking about taking on Palpatine with Luke, and then killing him for the right reason in the end anyway. But no, just a silly thought.

13. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Well, given parallels with the OT and the way the Sith work, I'd say that Anakin's much more likely to kill Dooku. But maybe Grievous will get to wipe out some other guy who was supposedly on his side. Maybe Nute Gunray; that would be fun to watch.

You know, except for the machinations of the Sith, we haven't seen much internal betrayal by bad guys. That would be interesting if the Confederacy was losing in a battle and Grievous pulled all his forces out and left some other person's ships (like Dooku) as a sacrificial lamb. After all, Grievous is supposed to be an old-fashioned evil through-and-through villain, and sacrificing his allies to escape or gain power seems like it would be right up his alley.

14. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Very good point...I would definitely like to see some bad guys betray each other. Sidious takes advantage of everyone, but beyond that it would fun to see a complete betrayal.

What if Dooku and Grievous decided to join forces in order to overthrow Sidious?

15. Emperor_Windy

Emperor_Windy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2003
    Grievous is the upper half of Maul's torso....well, it would make things interesting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.