main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Domhnall Gleeson (General Hux) in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DANNASUK, Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Anymore grand speeches in the finale of the ST?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    He will die.

3. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Agreed.

B99 likes this.
  4. RokurGepta

RokurGepta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2010
    I hope he gets a lot to do. It sounds like his role in TLJ is as small as or smaller than TFA. Gleeson is a great actor and is great in TFA, so I hope he gets an expanded role in IX. These casts are almost too stacked with great actors! Not enough screen time to go around!

5. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Suspect he will, among with some rogues, attempt to bring down Kylo Ren.

6. Darth Palpadious

Darth Palpadious Jedi Master star 3

May 31, 2013
    It's a very different role to TFA but I would argue it's in fact a bigger role in TLJ.

11-4D likes this.
  7. RKR

RKR Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 22, 2013
    It would be amusing and somewhat ironic (considering Brendol Hux helped create the First Order) if by the end of IX, Hux is the one to sign a treaty that integrates the remnants of the FO into a new galactic government. If he attempts to bring down Supreme Leader Ren In IX, this could be the end result.

King Maul likes this.
  8. Darkspellmaster

Darkspellmaster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    My actual thought is that Hux may be the one taking over since he seems more in control of the troops then Ben is, and if you noticed that look at the end when he's watching Ben, he's just waiting for a moment to kill him. Or, as my sister suspects, there's a chance that Snoke may have body jumped.

9. Kez-Iban

Kez-Iban Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    A good move for Hux might be to plot a civil war if there are enough in the First Order that are loyal to him. Otherwise, the prospects of him surviving very long under Kylo Ren's rule are not good.

Rhyoth likes this.
  10. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Yes, his unhappiness at seeing Kylo Ren as the new Supreme Leader makes the setting perfect for him to betray Kylo at some point down the line. I think that could be quite compelling, mind, I always consider fighting between villains to be quite interesting and new.

11. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Dumb plot angle:
    It's obvious Hux thinks that his Supreme Leader is pretty incompetent. A fairly crap all powerful evil.

So, perhaps he goes hunting for someone better. He finds someone genuinely ghastly and terrifying. Someone Evil beyond even the desires of The First Order.

12. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    It's going to be fun to see General Hux under Supreme Leader Ren.

13. otherworlds

otherworlds Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2016

Suppose Ren just gets really mad with Hux

"And now young General - you will die!"

btw i heard his name was Armitage but i don't think it's been mentioned in a film yet (maybe the last one will) but just wondered if anyone here knows?

14. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    He's now the Starscream to Kylo's Megatron

Wrenegade and DaddlerTheDalek like this.
  15. HispAnakin

HispAnakin Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 16, 2017
    I liked him much more in this last film, I hope he plays a more prominent foil to Kylo moving forward. Id love for their dynamic to be of working hatred that both are aware of but cannot overtly act upon.

16. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    In a way, Snoke was the only one who kept Kylo on a leash and, in some ways, it protected Hux.

Once out of the picture, Kylo's relationship with Hux becomes abusive straight away.

17. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    If Abrams keeps Hux as the comedic relief character, I would anticipate he will have a scene similar to the “I am invincible!” moment in GoldenEye. Where Kylo will die or otherwise be removed from the picture, Hux will declare himself Supreme Leader and promptly be killed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jedi Knight Fett and Wrenegade like this.
  18. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    The obvious thing would be for Ben to kill Hux so maybe they won't do that. Instead maybe Ben will disfigure Hux and we'll see Hux get some sort of robotic replacement body parts.

19. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    Interesting point, I can see Hux leading a clumsy plot that ultimately assists in the fall of Kylo. It would fit with his clown persona that he would surrender the First Order expecting a role in the new government only to be arrested for his crimes.

RKR likes this.
  20. RKR

RKR Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 22, 2013
    That would be a hilarious scene[face_laugh] in the vein of Mas Amedda attempting to surrender to the NR, and being rejected

DaddlerTheDalek and DARTHSHAME like this.
  21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I still hope Hux gets crushed under the foot of an AT-M6. :p

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  22. RKR

RKR Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 22, 2013
    For any Game of Thrones fans, does Hux remind you somewhat of Viserys Targaryen?

f1982 likes this.
  23. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    I think Hux sees himself as more intelligent and cunning than Kylo who is reckless and emotionally impulsive. He's already plotting to kill Kylo per that look on his face in the last scene. I understand DG's comments about Hux wanting the throne much better after seeing TLJ.

It is amusing that Kylo was unconscious. Rey wasn't gonna kill him and left. But he sees her as more of an enemy than Hux, the one who was going to kill him when he was unconscious had he not awoken. And Kylo hates Luke because he believes he tried to kill him in his sleep.

One thing I was surprised by is that Hux was actually loyal to Snoke. He was upset Snoke was dead. Is it my imagination or did he look like he was going to cry?

Rhyoth likes this.
  24. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I must say although I have a lot of complaints against TLJ the Hux charatcer and the performance of Domhnall Gleeson is one of my most positive surprises.
    He plays that stinker Hux so great. I am not sure if he gets crushed under the foot of an AT-M6 but I really really hope he gets an epic, deeply profoundly satisfying ending in Episode 9. [face_devil]

Rhyoth likes this.
  25. LukeSkywalker7

LukeSkywalker7 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 14, 2012
    If Kylo stays bad I could really see a surprise blaster to the head from Hux while Kylo isn’t expecting it after the FO knows they are crumbling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.