main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania General Hypocracy Discussion

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by The Gatherer, Jul 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    And you people wonder why I despise them...

At work today, I was serving behind the counter by myself, getting a customers order ready. Four other people were patienty waiting their turn. A half-caste Aboriginee came up to the counter, and stared daggers at me. I looked at him briefly, wondered what was up with him.

30 seconds later, he said loudly, so everyone could here: "Useless f'n c's" and stormed off. (Basically he was there for half a minute and wanted to push in front of four other people). As he was walking off, I said to him "Don't come back". He turned around and swore and yelled something, and I said "If you are going to speak like that, don't come back". He then lost the plot again, swore, said he was going to bash me, and what I really find funny, called me a "F'n Convict".

Hmmm... first off, my ancestors were not convicts, they came to Australia of their own accord. Secondly, as he was a half-caste, obviously has white in him, so does that make him a "F'n Convict" as well?!

I bit my tongue and said nothing, because I had to be professional, and if I said anything, he most likely would have tried to hit me... but I would have love to have said, well, the Convicts conquered YOU lot, didn't they?!

Most likely he was on drugs, and just looking for a fight. They are out of control up here. At least all the full-bloods that I have dealt with are polite, never rude.

2. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    As my mum works in a newsagent, she often brings home the 'Herald Sun', so we can still keep abreast of what is happening in Melbourne / Victoria.

I read an interesting tidbit in the 50/50 section, interesting that a Southerner is aware of the problems that we are facing with Aboriginees and ATISC.

"The geographical location of a large proportion of the Aboriginal population is a major factor in their high unemployment rate. Why does ATSIC not mention this but continuously push the race-and-discrimination barrow?"
    Chris Van Order, Woodend

Interesting question indeed...

3. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    That John Rhys article was quite, well, interesting to say the least.

I just want to say this: how the heck is what he said meant to be racial hatred?

People always criticise the West for spreading their interests to other parts of the world.... but when someone is concerned about Islamic society spreading, that's racist?

Hypocrisy and kind of stupid considering Islam =/= a race.

4. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Anyone else have any comments on the John Rhys-Davies article?

5. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Why are you laughing? You are a member...

So, Ender_Sai, do you believe that Secret Societies DON'T exist???

[image=http://www.swiss.ai.mit.edu/users/boogles/illuminati.gif]

Don't know what you're talking about... :p

Seriously, I laugh because it's absurd.

E_S

6. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    So you DO know something of the esoteric mysteries of Freemasonry and the Illuminati; the ALL-SEEING-EYE. If you did some research you would come to know that a majority of the US Founding Fathers were all Freemasons.

But yet again, I see you are scarred to tackle the issue at hand, and offer some logical commentary on the article about John Rhys-Davies.

7. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    I liek Star Wars.

Sometimes I liek to talk about it with other people on the internet.

:D

8. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Do you liek milk?

9. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    So do I... so do I.

But more than talk about fandom, I enjoy talking more about real-life issues that the do-gooders have no-idea about. They love to talk about people who will not accept responsibility for their own actions, and blame others.

10. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    HawkNC, how many times do Stinrab and I have to proove that you are just a teenager?

11. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    "Do you liek milk?"

As a matter of fact I do.
    I've found myself consuming far more milk than normal lately.
    Now whether that be by accident or some grand cosmic design I don't quite yet undersatnd yet....well, I just don't know.

And not just normal milk.
    I've found myself experimenting with different varieteies milk, not always dairy in nature.

Like soy milk.
    Like lite soy milk.
    Like rice milk.
    Like oat milk.

:(

12. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Drastic Weakful Endeavours Encapsulates Boffins

13. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    I see, DWEEB.

Are you the President and single active member, Gath? ;)

Edit: And just for the record, I don't think weakful is a word.

14. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Anyways... look at the arrogance, why do you automatically assume that I was talking about you?!?

15. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    I don't assume anything.

I just don't like you so much.

:)

16. HawkNC

Oct 23, 2001
    Me being a teenager has what to do with anything, exactly?

Edit: You should come to Melbourne, DA. We're big milk fans down here. It's a rare occasion when you'll see us without a glass of some sort of milk in our hand.

17. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    Do you know that I've had 8 milks so far tonight Hawk? ?[face_plain]

I love milk so much that....I like milk that much.

18. HawkNC

Oct 23, 2001
    You lucky bugger. I could really do with some milk right now...full cream, too, none of that "light start" crap. Hell, I'd settle for pure calcium.

19. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    NFI (sorry, this is a retail term, not sure if you will not it), that is what it has to do with it.

And, how many kahlua's have you had with your milk?

20. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    If God drank Beer, then surely He did invent the Breakfast Beer!

E_S

21. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    Beer is OK but we're talking about the responsible consumption by adults of milk, Ender....and the terrible feeling it gives one the morning after having too much the night before.

:(

22. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    In today's Northern Territory News, there was an interesting letter to the editor, highlighting the hypocrisy of the left.

Abusing Stars and Stripes

It must really grate on Territory ALP when they have to greet American warships, like the ones in Darwin recently.

All throughout the Iraq war they bleated about and condemned the US and its allies for invading Iraq. But once a warship is in town they wrap themselves in the American flag and say how marvellous it all is that the US service personnel are boosting our economy.

Their inconsistency is breathtaking and they must squirm every time they shake hands with such fine young men and women with whom our own troops have fought alongside in many conflicts.

Allan
    Darwin

23. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Beer is OK but we're talking about the responsible consumption by adults of milk, Ender....and the terrible feeling it gives one the morning after having too much the night before.

I feel your pain. I've had, what you could call, "blue" milk (it's actually green and potent was once banned for many decades) and thus felt your illness only recently.

Maybe you need milo?

E_S

24. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Is that the magic-mushroom milk drink that you can get in bars in Bali... what is it called again? I have heard a few nasty stories about that toxic drink!

25. Detonating-Rabbit

Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2003
    Hawk ain't a teenager, Gath. He may be 19, sure...according to his bio...but in this country you are regarded as an adult once you reach the age of 18 and gain full autonomy... :D

And besides. I've seen you acting far more childishly than him in many other threads. You should be the one acting like an adult, surely...you know, being at least 26 and all... :p

And give Hawk a break for once.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.