Oceania General Hypocracy Discussion

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by The Gatherer, Jul 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Gatherer Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Ah stuff it, I am sick of dealing with kids.
  2. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    In other words, you lost the argument. :)
  3. JediMasterKieca Force Ghost

star 4

And so, The Gatherer picked up his walking stick and, leaning upon it heavily, made his way down the road.

"In my day," he mused, "kids showed respect to their elders. That's the problem these days."
    His hoarse voice faltered slightly, speaking to the wind. "Penny Whistles and Moon Pies, that was all I was interested in as a boy. Lollies and Tiddleywinks!"

He paused a moment, resting against his stick once more and regaining his breath.
    "I never used to question my elders. They could have said the sky was green with pink stripes, and I would have accepted it! But not kids today, oh no. They have to know everything."
    His eyes cringed up in slight disgust as he licked his dry lips with a shrivelled pink tongue, his eyes glancing over Hawk laughing with his freshman colleagues. His young, spirited face was vibrant with youthful positivity and passion.
    "Politics.. international law.. what kind of kids are they, these days? Being involved with all of this! Pah!" He shook his head fiercely, stamping the end of his cane to the ground.
    "They should leave it to their betters. We, the older generation, who have had more experience, not just text book answers!!"
    His forehead furrowed.
    "In my day, we followed our elders, acknowledging their wisdom. You cannot have wisdom as a young person with no experience! It is this that the young people of today lack. No respect for their elders."
    The breeze aroused the dried leaves lying on the footpath, whisping them into the air and leaving only the tapping of a cane onto cement and a muted voice pondering to itself, as he walked away.
    "That's the problem these days. No respect anywhere, for anyone. That, and the bloody farmers. And Aborigines. And those damn lefties.."

;)
  4. BecJedi Jedi Master

star 3
    [face_laugh] *nods in respect for Caz* <insert applause for her genius>

I espeically like the point you make in the last sentence. I know Deto is gonna be angry at me for stealing this phrase from him (sorry, dude!), but there's nothing else to say...Oh, the irony! ;)
  5. Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Grand Master

star 5

Then piss off then.

Quite frankly, many, many of us are sick of dealing with you and your stubborness, and the fact that you just won't admit (at ANY stage) that you are at fault or wrong. For God's sake, Gath, Hawk was just questioning the legitimacy of the source. Nothing more, nothing less...

And in regards to our views on Indigenous Australians: I don't suppose a right winger like you would like to hear any argument that leans slightly towards a non-racist side, would you? Stop rehashing all the old arguments that have been dealt with already, and for the love of God, get over yourself.

Anyway, as for acting like kids, I've seen the endless list of stuff that you have done and temporarily been banned for. Quite frankly, you have no right to refer to us as kids. Not after all the cr@p that you've pulled...
  6. stinrab Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Happy days are yours and mine.
  7. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    [deep baritone rumble]Oh Happy Days...[/rumble]

Cheers for the figurative backhand Gath, but again, you only expose your blatant lack of perspective on the wider breadth of an issue, along with your inability to properly analyse information before you.

Have I written a thesis on "Why Whitlam was not toppled by the CIA?". No, of course not, if I had that much time on my hands I'd be studying an Arts Degree. Do I know enough about Australian politics at the time to know how utterly stupid, ludicrous and thoroughly laughable such a position is, if adopted seriously? Yes, I do.

Think for a moment, as if you were the American Government: fairly close ally with Australia at the time. Why on earth would you waste the strategic resources that would be inherit in staging a political coup of any sort in AUSTRALIA, when all around the world little brush fires of communism and anarchical states were spotting up, all of which collectively represented a much larger strategic threat to the USA than a close ally under their moderate ALP Government thinking about pulling out of the Pine Gap operation?

Use some common sense and logic, instead of basing opinions upon whatever tired spin doctor has written an article in the newspaper on any particular week. We were all born with our own powers of deduction (Even those of us fighting the superheroes Man of Steel and Cowboy George as part of our villianous clique the LOONY LEFT, atop Mount Dismay in the gothic metropolis of TerrorState) and we all have the responsibility to employ such skills before reaching to the nearest fad opinion of the month.
  8. The Gatherer Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Detonating-Rabbit, I am not a racist. Please proove otherwise. I really look forward to this.

And HawkNC, I didn't loose the argument, I am just sick of banging my head up against a brick wall withyou people. Many times I have proven your points are wrong, and with the hypocritic 'you don't live there, how would you know' turnaround... it was obvious you never even heard of Marshall Green even to begin with, I could go on and on, but it really isn't worth it with you people.
  9. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 8
    I've heard of Marshall Greene and I agree with PoT on the alleged involvment in Whitlam's downfall....

OMG! Teh drama!!1!

E_S
  10. The Gatherer Jedi Youngling

star 6
    PoT, I guess you have not heard of a little facility called Pine Gap then.
  11. Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus

star 5
    Gath, as someone who hasn't been part of this argument so far, hopefully you'll take this to heart...

Stop stating your opinion as fact and getting angry when people have other opinions.

That's the wonderful thing about this planet - we're all different and we all think different things. People are allowed to state their opinion as long as they're being respectful. YOU, on the other hand, are not being respectful. Everyone on this board has an equal right to express what they think - it's not just your playground.
  12. Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, for starters, were I to quote you, you would simply throw in your usual retort, this being:
    I am not a rascist, but a realist.

None of you offer any solutions to break the vicious circle. In another 200 years, we will all be using flying cars as transport, while the Aboriginals will still be sitting down under a tree, asking for free money

Generalisation - grose racism, I believe, Gath.

I bit my tongue and said nothing, because I had to be professional, and if I said anything, he most likely would have tried to hit me... but I would have love to have said, well, the Convicts conquered YOU lot, didn't they?!
    Most likely he was on drugs, and just looking for a fight. They are out of control up here. At least all the full-bloods that I have dealt with are polite, never rude.

Again, grose generalisations regarding your so-called Aborigines (the term Indigenous Australian is far more polite, not to mention less racist). I'm sure that you'll deny you were being racist at all, and I'm sure you'll ask me to do more research, Gath, but everyone that I've spoken to (and I won't give names here, cos' this is between you and me) - and there at least half a dozen - strongly think that you are racist.

I ask you this. Prove you are not homophobic, and I'll drop my stance against you being a racist. :D

Bring it on, Gath.
  13. BecJedi Jedi Master

star 3
    In regards to Aboriginal culture... what culture? What, do you consider culture to be painted but putting out your hand, spreading your fingers, and spitting paint threw them?!?

Not that the above evidence from Deto needs to be added to, but the reason I am doing so is because this quote from you, Gatherer, I find incredibly offensive. As I wasn?t on the boards when you wrote it, I never had a chance to reply. But now you bring it up again, here we go?

This shows that you are not even willing to take an objective look at another culture?s values and practices. As those values and so on are different from your own culture?s, you deem them as inferior (ie. what culture?). You can?t judge another culture on your own values, especially if you?re trying to deem it?s ?worth?. You can?t label one culture better than another, which is exactly what you do. That?s racism.
  14. Darth-Tom Jedi Master

star 4
    oh i just popped in here to have a look, and im happy to see that the gatherer has finally been revealed as the moron he really is!

Farmers do suck though.......
  15. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 8
    ...As do the French.

E_S
  16. Darth-Tom Jedi Master

star 4
    I think the french are great.

can someone explain why the term/word Aborigine is impolite?
  17. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    It's not.

Spelling it wrong, after being told what the correct spelling is five billion times over, is.
  18. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 8
    Aborigine is a noun.

Aboriginal, the adjective.

The Gatherer kept talking about Aboriginals, which is incorrect English.

E_S
  19. stinrab Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I think the french are great.

I was wondering what that smell was.
  20. The Gatherer Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Shara, I never stated my opinion was fact, just my opinion. When I DID state my opinion, I was bashed and flamed for my thoughts and views, and that is what got me angry. So I tried to defend myself, and then people had the gall to accuse me of flaming, when I was just defending myself from the initial flame.
  21. The Gatherer Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Prove you are not homophobic

What has this got to do with anything? Where have I shown any signs of homophobia, or anything like that?

Ender_Sai, I think I have finally got a grasp on the Aborigine / Aboriginal thing... hopefully! ;) However, I have been trying to make a concerted effort to get it right!
  22. Darth-Tom Jedi Master

star 4
    "I was wondering what that smell was."

<David Brent>: That's racist!

23. The Gatherer Jedi Youngling

star 6
  24. Darth-Tom Jedi Master

star 4
    huh huh huh huh huh

monkey
  25. Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    What has this got to do with anything?

Well, this has a lot to do with what this thread is all about, Gath. You see, this is the 'General Hypocracy Discussion' thread, and you yourself are a hypocrite. Furthering this, I am so sick of you shouting your mouth off about various issues in which you only see one side (or have a very limited amount of info), such as Indigenous Australians, and homosexuals, for example. While I see your side of the argument, Gath, and I accept where you are coming from on occasions, I am of a different mindset to you.
    And to prove my point:

I am against homosexuals becoming teachers or adopting children. Personal example... about a year and a half ago, I found out that I had a half-brother, which my Dad did not know about... he is about 40. He is homosexual - that is not the problem - the problem is that he donated his sperm to two lesbians who had his child, and know care for the child. This is totally unfair for the child, who will not grow up in a normal environment.

Well, here's the first example. This proves my point, I feel.
    Besides...Gath, what exactly do you define as a "normal environment", and added to this, what the hell would you ever know about homosexuality and homosexuals? Please tell me and I'll retract my comment. I really don't think you are in any situation here to judge whether this child is worse or better off.
    And why shouldn't homosexuals be allowed to adopt children or be teachers? To think...a homosexual teacher might corrupt the children and youth of today! Oh the humanity! And then the whole class will become gay!
    Oh...but that's right...you have no respect for teenagers, so what should you care?

Oh, and one more extremely conventional, static viewpoint of yours:
    God created Adam and Eve, NOT Adam and Steve.

My point is therefore proven, I think. Have a good day :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.