main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania General Hypocracy Discussion

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by The Gatherer, Jul 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Simple, JFK > Most American Presidents.

E_S

2. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    Tis true.

And look what he did when he tried to go against the 'Federal' Reserve system, and create US Notes...

3. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    Does that mean when one mother or father runs off and leaves the kid, it should be equally as bad a thing?

Yes

Or when the state has to take a child of it's parents because of drugs, alcohol or abuse?

Absolutely

To deny a child a loving home is cruel. Who are we to question how that home comes about?

A loving home is preferrable, yes. But a loving home with a mother and father is, IMO, ideal.

Simply put, there's not enough to suggest that having same sex parents is or isn't a detriment.

Not saying it's a detriment. Just saying that a loving mother and father situation is the best possible situation for the child.

4. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
  5. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Just saying that a loving mother and father situation is the best possible situation for the child.

IYHO or "as a fact"?

E_S

6. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    In my opinion. But, of course, in my opinion, it is fact ;)

7. Darth-Tom

Darth-Tom Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2001
    hahaha gath i KNEW at some point you'd resort to the good 'ole "im not racist, i've got heaps of asian friends" thing!

You speak about homosexuality as if it is some new sensation related to our modern culture. It's been going on for thousands of years man, and it's not restricted to our species alone. How the f can it be non-biological.

Edit: Man whenever i think about this kinda stuff i think "What would the cavemen (and women ;) ) have done?". Now your probably thinking i'm a tool right now but.........it kinda makes sense. Our brains have not evolved at all since way back then so really the cavemen would have had a great ability to act and think naturally without modern factors and influences weighing into things. Now im no expert on the cavemen but i seriously doubt their children were brought up within a family unit consisting only of mother and father. As far as i can see this traditional "Family" unit which stinrab and gatherer insist is so sacred and vital to a childs upbringing is mostly the result of organised religion, which as we all know has a great effect of basically screwing up everyhing. So perhaps children being brought up by a gay/lesbian couple are not at any disadvantage intellectually, emotionally, or socially. Infact, given the close-nit structure of the gay/lesbian community the child may be exposed to a larger number of varrying (and lets face it often high achieving) adults, and may even be at a greater advantage than a child brought up within the traditional family unit which i see as being more contained.

I hope noone is dumber for having just read this ramble.

8. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Gath

Do you see heterosexual mardi gras?

Yeah, I've seen one, it's called "Mardi Gras," held in New Orleans every year, quite a party. Course, there are homosexuals there too, so I guess it isn't exclusively heterosexual.

E_S

Truck (Ute, in Americanospeak)

A wha? ?[face_plain]

Don't leave me.
    Don't ignore me.
    Don't kill me!

9. Darth-Tom

Apr 7, 2001
    hey jft i like your profile, neon genesis is great! :)

i'm moving to japan in april, i can't wait!!

wow im rapping..

10. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jul 31, 2002
    hey jft i like your profile, neon genesis is great!

Eva fanatic here. :D

i'm moving to japan in april, i can't wait!!

Lucky bas...I mean, good for you!

Don't leave me.
    Don't ignore me.
    Don't kill me!

11. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Truck (Ute, in Americanospeak)

A wha?

oops, typo. A Ute here is a Truck in Americanospeak.

E_S

12. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jul 31, 2002
    oops, typo. A Ute here is a Truck in Americanospeak.

Heh, I was about to say... :p

Don't leave me.
    Don't ignore me.
    Don't kill me!

13. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    No, no you weren't... ;)

But yeah, the ubiquitous "truck" is the "ute" here - for utility truck.

We call our SUVs "Four Wheel Drives" too...

E_S

14. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jul 31, 2002
    But yeah, the ubiquitous "truck" is the "ute" here - for utility truck.

Mmmm, enlightenment. :p

We call our SUVs "Four Wheel Drives" too...

I call SUVs overpriced pieces of ****.

Now a military issue Humvee with a .50 cal....

*drool*

Don't leave me.
    Don't ignore me.
    Don't kill me!

15. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
  16. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I agree Gath, it's disgusting.

Why can't they be civilised and never commit crimes, just like whites?

[face_plain]

E_S

:p

17. Detonating-Rabbit

Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2003
    And I know who you people will be defending...

That's right, Gath, we're about as stubborn on our tolerant views as you are on your pro-white, anti-homosexual views. Give it a rest. Anyway, if you're so sick of people disagreeing with you and always paying you out, then don't provoke arguments. It's really that simple.

18. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    To be fair, the riots were way out of line, but to ingore that tension's been brewing there for several months is a folly. Neither side can say they're absolved of all guilt in this matter - white authorities or black rioters.

Though, I'm wondering, why have TAG and the SASR if all they're going to do is watch why NSW police have their arses handed to them on a plate. Had either one of those two groups been sent in, there would have been one muffled scream, a wet gurgling sound, and some TAG/SASR guys going "<Yawn>I'm going home" as the riot abruptly ended... [face_mischief]

E_S

19. Darth-Tom

Apr 7, 2001
    If people hadn't been hurt it really would have been hilarious! I don't understand why rioters always trash their own neighbourhood and communtity facilities????

Really the police should have just stayed away, and let them trash the joint and sober up........

Gees next they'll be blaming white people for introducing fencing to Australia.

Jude Law for 007

20. Uruk-hai

Uruk-hai Jedi Youngling star 5

Oct 26, 2000
    Brogden wants to bulldoze the lot. LOL. He's a thinker, that one.

21. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Um, 50 police were hurt. That's a big number.

E_S

22. Darth-Tom

Apr 7, 2001
    yeah but most of those 'injuries' were probably stubbed toes and broken nails. There's noone softer than cops, except maybe navy boys ;)

Did anyone hear the woman on radio talking about guerilla warfare? It was hilarious!

23. MisFitToy

MisFitToy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 5, 2003
    The report I saw said that many of those 50 police had broken arms legs and ribs.
    Anyone here live in or near Redfern? Maybe those people would have a clearer perspective on this.

24. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Tom, didn't you see the cop who "copped" (bad pun) the brick to the head? :eek:

Don't worry MisFitToy, I won't give you any purile analysis here. I'll let someone younger, and therefore more experienced, comment.

E_S

25. Darth-Tom

Apr 7, 2001
    yeah sorry i wasn't more clear, in this case i know it was pretty bad. My 'soft' comment was more related to police behavior at protests etc when they get all heavy handed, and then cry "assualting a police officer" when someone accidently bumps into them.

It was pretty horrible seeing the footage of the bloke getting hit in the head, glad he's ok now though.

To repeat my point above though, i don't see why the fuzz even bothered to go into redfern. They should have just pulled out, then the rioters would have had nobody to throw things at, and (one would hope) would soon realise that all they're trashing is their own neighbourhood........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.