main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN General Meeting Notes: November 5, 2003

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Gepper, Nov 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Gepper

Jedi_Gepper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2001
    Greetings to all! Here are the Indy Knights General Meeting notes for the meeting of last night. We had 39 folks in attendance plus a smattering of Padawans. We also welcomed some new people (Lisa, Mike, Chris, Greg, and another Mike) and hope they all had a fun time! Here's to hoping you'll be back next month!

Jay (President, WhoJedi/Pimp) announces this month's birthdays which include.:
    Chris (ObiWanabe) on the 9th
    Heidi (Princess Ewok) on the 24th
    Gregg (Droidboy) on the 26th

Happy birthday to all!

He also welcomes the aforementioned new members.

EVENTS COORDINATOR:
    -Amanda (Mundi Jade) is announced as the new Events Coordinator. She will be choosing two more people to help her out with the position. Never fear, however! She will also be staying on as the Merchandise guru as well.

RATHSKELLAR EVENT:
    -The Athenaeum Foundation presents the St. Nikolaus Fest on Sunday, December 7th. There are two shifts available to volunteer: 9-11 a.m. for set-up and 3:30-6 p.m. for Tear Down. 10 to 15 volunteers are needed for each shift. A thread will be posted on this in the events section later today. You must sign up IN THIS THREAD in order to volunteer. This is your first opportunity to earn volunteering points. Sign up later today!
    --Priority will be given to point leaders for Celebration 3 shifts if or when it comes to Indianapolis.

SPEAKING OF CELEBRATION 3:
    -Strong rumors afloat that it will be coming here in late April of 2005 (24th-26th)
    -If we get to volunteer, each person will only be able to do one shift per day, and you will choose between working for C2/3 Ventures or the company running the Convention (which was Wizards last time around). We don't want anyone getting burnout and missing events like happened last time.
    --Attend meetings and volunteer starting now to get priority later!

On a final note of this portion, Jay weighs in strongly against "The Matrix:Revolutions." Others give it decent reviews. Some feel you have to see it again to make a solid decision on it.

JERSEYS? WHO WANTS JERSEYS?

Amanda (MundiJade) asks who has ordered a jersey but still does not have one.
    --She asks if money from working at the Speedway can be used to order crests (the IK Logo) for the jerseys. Once the jerseys are sold, this money will be reimbursed to the group. There was a 25 quantity minimum on the order, but Amanda was unsure of the exact cost. Motion was seconded and voted approval.

CLONE WARS CARTOON
    --It begins airing tomorrow or Saturday (I forget which. Sorry! )
    --Scott (SL-616/Cerivus) voices his discontent on the 3-minute length of each episode, among other things.
    --Apparently, the cartoons will be on the official website the next day but available the day of broadcast if you subscribe to Hyperspace.

Here come to the SIG's!

SITH CLUB
    Brad (Toyman) discusses the success of the recent Cincinnatti trip, especially for Brian (Mastervader).
    -- Gary (Sargsidius) will be hosting the next meeting at his place in Plainfield on the 16th at 2:00 p.m. PM Gary for directions and such.

BOOK CLUB
    Hey, it's me talking! Book Club will be held on Thursday the 20th at the Borders on U.S. 31 South near Shelby St. and the Walmart. The book will be "The New Jedi Order: The Final Prophecy." It will be at 7:30 p.m., and following the meeting we shall undoubtedly head out to Outback for food and more fun.
    --Yes, we are almost done reading the New Jedi Order which will conclude with next month's book "The Unifying Force."
    --PM Ken (TR1032) for more details.

FORCE FLIPPIN' FAN FICTION
    Laura (Naboo Queen) is not present, but I state the theme is a holiday story. Post it online in the "FFF" thread under Fan Creations.

IMPERIAL REMNANT
    Anthony (Club 333) says the group continues its hiatus until January.

BOOK SIGNINGS:
    Anthony then talks about the exciting upcoming book signing events!
    -This Saturday (November 8th) is James Luceno. This will be at the Barnes and Noble in Carmel (14709 U.S. 31 North, Carmel, IN 46033).
    It will be held at 2 p.m.
    -Dinner with the autho

2. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I meant to submit this correction earlier, but the dates Jay said at the meeting concerning C3 are incorrect, since that would make it the middle of the week.

April 22-24, 2005

3. NorvelleJedi05

NorvelleJedi05 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2002
    Thanks Gail. :)

4. Jedi_Gepper

Jul 23, 2001
    Ah, well. Even I make mistakes. ;)

I only repeat what I heard (or misheard) at the meeting. Thanks for catching my error, Seb! :)

5. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    It was Jay's error actually. Ron & I caught it at the time, but were yammering on about something else and didn't say anything.

*passes blame around*

6. Jedi_Gepper

Jul 23, 2001
    I'm officially in charge of paying attention nowadays, so I guess I'll let you and Ron off the hook on that one. Jay, on the other hand...

;)

7. QUEEN-KARENDALA

QUEEN-KARENDALA Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    Great job, as always Gepper!

Can I just say how much fun I'm having NOT having to pay attention?
    ;)

8. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    When you guys get that jersey thing underway...someone let me know. Hope nobody takes offense to an "outlander" wanting an Indy Knights jersey! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.