I.E., CA General Movie Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AboutaSith, Jul 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedifan77 Force Ghost

star 5
    He had the sexiest speaking voice. First noticed that when he was in "The North and South". That was way before "Dirty Dancing" and "Ghost". I'm sadder about him than MJ.
  2. jedi_onasi Jedi Master

star 3
    I did enjoy "Ghost". I remember North and South. He was a decent actor, even if he didn't "make it big time".

That's probably because he died of cancer, while MJ ruined his life and partially brought about his own demise. Don't get me wrong. He was a great performer, but he was one messed up individual.
  3. HanChewie Jedi Master

star 4
    How very sad to hear of Patrick's passing. Did love Ghost. Liked Dirty Dancing. I thought he was doing better. Was sad about MJ, but you are right about him making wrong choices in his life and going the wrong direction with them. Both of them still too young to be gone so soon.
  4. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Harrison Ford might have four "Indiana Jones" movies under his belt and is almost approaching age 70, but the actor says he would be ready to crack the iconic archaeologist's whip again and sport the trademark fedora in another sequel.

"The story for the new 'Indiana Jones' is in the process of taking form," Harrison told France's Le Figaro, as reported by People. The 67-year-old actor reportedly told the mag that another movie all depends on the script.

"Steven Spielberg, George Lucas and myself are agreed on what the fifth adventure will concern, and George is actively at work," he said. "If the script is good, I'll be very happy to put the costume on again."

Harrison was last seen on the big screen in 2008's "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull," which earned over $786 million worldwide.
  5. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    Sean Connery possibly reprising his role as Henry Jones Sr. in the 5th Indiana Jones film.
    According to this article at IrelandOn-Line, an unnamed source states that Steven Spielberg and George Lucas are exploring the idea of adopting a script for Indy 5 that would feature the return of Indy's dad.

"A source said: "Steven Spielberg has been working on a script with George Lucas and there is an element of the story that could see Sean returning. Anything is possible in these movies and if Sean wants to return he will become central to the new story."

Obviously this is nothing more than a major rumor at this point in time, and Spielberg & company would have to be very particular about working Henry Jones Sr. into the Indy 5 script after it is mentioned in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull that he is "gone". But then again, "gone" does not necessarily mean "dead", so the idea of Henry Jones Sr. returning in the 5th film could technically happen, and would be highly welcomed back by all Indy fans (if the script made sense of course).
  6. AboutaSith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    [face_thinking] I doubt Connery will come out of retirement for it. Unless the script is amazing, even then it would take a lot to pull him outta retirement.

OMG Christmas Carol looks great. IMAX 3D!
  7. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    Surrogates comes out this friday...looks pretty awesome...Bruce Willis

We're going to see this on Friday, any takers?:D
  8. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    For your consideration fine people of the IEFF. I got this from the website i've linked to at the bottom of this article. See what this says, see for yourselfers.:)

EXCLUSIVE: Lucasfilm Gearing Up Another Star Wars Trilogy In 3D?!?!!

Here is a strong rumor that should whet your appetites! (or sour them if you have had too much of the franchise). I have been hearing rumblings... extremely quiet at first, but now heating up significantly and from a trusted source - that George Lucas is preparing to unleash another STAR WARS trilogy upon us, this time in stereoscopic 3D. This is NOT the TV series, these are brand spankin' new 3D STAR WARS movies.

Yes, the pending 2D to 3D conversions of his six existing STAR WARS properties are still a go as 3D theaters are approaching 3000 (5000 is the number Lucas wants). No word on when this work will be completed.

But here is the shocker: Lucas will be producing and NOT directing these new episodes apparently! Could Steven Spielberg be tapped to direct a STAR WARS movie after all? Yes according to a trusted source of mine! Further, Francis Ford Coppola was mentioned too as a possible director for a future film!

A lot depends on the success of AVATAR this winter - if it takes off like everyone is expecting it to, then you will most likely see three additional STAR WARS movies added.

What an interesting competitive box office landscape that would make over the next 6 to 10 years! James Cameron's AVATAR world vs. George Lucas' STAR WARS world. I could see Lucas getting a little jealous over a successful launch of AVATAR - jealous because it is a fully articulated universe, like his. And if he doesn't act on it - his franchise may well be relegated to a back seat as potentially the records will start falling to Pandora. Heck STAR WARS is still not 3D yet and what better way to try to maintain a lock on bragging rights than to launch into three more in native stereoscopic 3D.

How seriously should you consider these rumors? Well it is coming from a source that SHOULD KNOW. This source is absolutely connected. So odds are it is seriously being talked about at Lucasfilm. Right now. Will it happen? AVATAR will have to hit and hit big and then all the stars have to align properly.

Website source: http://marketsaw.blogspot.com/2009/10/exclusive-lucasfilm-gearing-up-another.html

9. AboutaSith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The Woife and I saw This Is It the other week, that concert would have been amazing! It was great to see him doing what he does best. We also saw A Christmas Carol in 3D this weekend. It was pretty good, the 3D was amazing. They showed a boat load of 3D movie trailers, next year is going to get great for 3D. Avatar looks pretty amazing in 3D, Alice in Wonderland looks really really good!
  10. Symina Jedi Master

star 4
    I wish they would knock it off with the 3D stuff already. I hope it's a fad. It's not like it's really 3D like it used to be, it's more like dimension on the screen. It doesn't really come out at you anymore (which isn't a bad thing, cause the old school 3D would give me a big fat headache). I just want to watch the darn movie.
  11. AboutaSith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wait until you see Avatar. It looks amazing. The visual depth is incredible. It is not a fad and will be here to stay.

Pixar and Dreamworks have already said they will cease releasing non 3D animated movies soon.

3D TVs go on sale next year at which point 3D PS3 software will be available also to play 3D Blu Rays.

The technology is already close enough to where pretty soon we wont even need 3D glasses for it also.
  12. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    [image=http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu324/Parkersuperpics/pseudoblog_r2d2startrek600.jpg]

High definition, the final frontier. Where nerds can boldly go where no moviegoer has gone before. With the Blu-ray release of the "Star Trek" movie prequel, these brave fans can obsess over the film's tiny details, including whether or not a very famous robot had a cameo that nobody noticed.

Consumers of popular culture may remember the rumor. It stated that director J.J. Abrams had slid in a cameo appearance from everybody's favorite nearsighted scrap pile, R2-D2, somewhere within 2009's "Star Trek." But where, exactly? When the movie hit the big screen, folks flooded the theaters, hoping to catch a glimpse. Searches also soared on "R2-D2 star trek" and "where is R2-D2." Alas, near as we can tell, nobody was able to spot him. Until now.

The blog Gizmodo has located the brave droid's appearance, and frankly, it's no surprise that 99.999% of the world couldn't spot the "Star Wars" star. R2-D2 appears for about one microsecond during a battle scene. Floating across the screen from left to right, the droid appears to be enjoying himself, however briefly. And no, C-3PO doesn't scold him for being too adventurous (for once).
  13. jedifan77 Force Ghost

star 5
    A couple of my former students that are now seniors invited me to go see New Moon with them this morning. I couldn't say "no" to them.

Wish me luck with all the gushing teens!
  14. Symina Jedi Master

star 4
    I shamefully went by myself last Friday to this budget theater nearby to see it. I sat next to a probably mid-30s or older lady who was watching it for the 2nd time. I liked the books, the first movie wasn't very good, but I felt obligated to watch it. It was better than the first, and thankfully Kristen Stewart seemed to do less mouth-breathing in this one. :p
  15. jedifan77 Force Ghost

star 5
    Every woman in the audience clapped and whooped when Jacob took his shirt off the first time (including me [face_blush] ). I thought it was much better than the first. The wolves needed a bit of work, but I liked it. Kristin still isn't my favorite actress.
  16. Symina Jedi Master

star 4
    You know he's a minor, don't you? Shame, shame on you, you cougar, you! j/k. I think I giggled when he took off his shirt, mostly because all the whooping from the women. Mostly. [face_whistling]
  17. HanChewie Jedi Master

star 4
    The girls went to see New Moon on Friday morning and loved it. I thought Brittany was going to go crazy about Jacob especially without the shirt. The wolf pack looked great to me. Have not seen the movie yet but saw a lot of previews on TV. Just my opinion but I think Taylor's bod is much more chisled than Hayden's was with Episode 3. Of course there would be a lot of different areas for developement between the two. Not that Hayden was not hot a heck, but Taylor was not bad at all. Looks like the movie is much better than the first. I would think the director has something to do with that. I guess the 3rd movie of the franchise will be out next year in June. Did see a funny parody of New Moon, the part with the wolves that was done in spanish on the Jimmy Kimmel show last Friday late night that I thought was so funny I almost wet myself with laughter from it. You can watch it on u-tube.
  18. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4

So it's okay for ADULT women to oogle TEENAGE BOYS? Talk about double standards. If this were a female TEENAGER, I wonder what the outcry would be from all the "offended" woman out there. If this were the other way around, woman would be labeling men as perverts or even worse. I wonder when our society will allow our boys and girls to be pretty or handsome without being thought of sexually by adults because they happen to be good looking. Oh wait a minute, it's only okay to do that if you're a woman oogling a boy. [face_thinking] :confused:
  19. Symina Jedi Master

star 4
    Um, like this doesn't happen already? You've never heard of men "counting down the days" until a celebrity TEENAGER turns 18? o_O

Just because I'm admiring someone's chiseled physique doesn't mean I'm thinking sexual thoughts about them. I can simply admire them. I guess that's how men and women are different.

Whatever.
  20. jedifan77 Force Ghost

star 5
    Yes, there is a double standard. In our society, it's totally acceptable for ADULT MEN to ogle TEENAGE GIRLS. It's standard practice to put a token, young, busty girl in movies where she has no purpose but to draw more men in with eye candy for them. (Only one example: Megan Fox - Transformers 1 & 2) We women finally get a movie with some female eye candy and we get blasted for appreciating the beauty of a completely gorgeous male form. (At least Jacob wasn't draped over a motorcycle with close-ups of his butt hanging out of his shorts.)

Yes, I do find the kid that played Jacob to be incredibly good looking and he's done a lot of hard work to make his body quite beautiful. Do I find him sexy? NO! That's just sick as he's younger than my son. Personally, I can appreciate good looking men without sexualizing them! Not sure too many men can say the same when looking at a good looking girl/woman.

Please give us a break with the double standard line! The table just turned towards us lucky ladies in this one movie.
  21. delta_1138 Jedi Knight

star 3
    All right everyone, just chill out and watch this for a good laugh.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9GjvwFH15Q
  22. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4

The simple difference is the fact that Megan Fox is an Adult and the boy you're referring to is a Minor. Huge difference. This is the point. I don't care either way, I just think it's kinda funny how a Minor constitutes something for the lucky ladies, but watch out for that Magan Fox (Adult)with her short shorts.

Just out of curiousity, was a NAKED Hugh Jackman eye candy for Women in Wolverine, how about the movie 300, or Dark Knight, etc.? :)
  23. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4

I agree with you on this which is my whole point to this Jacob character. I thought it was equaling disturbing for all the grown men out their that had the hots for Britney Spears when she was a teenager. To somehow say that because some men have this flaw in their character of "counting down the days" means it's okay for grown women to loose control in the theater, makes it okay?

As far as admiring someone for their physique, no problem and you're right, it doesn't mean your thinking sexual thoughts, nor did I imply this about you. I was speaking of the women you mentioned in the theater. Whooping and oogling are different. Which was the point you originally had made. I totally agree with you.:)

24. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
  25. DarthMalum Jedi Master

star 2
    um... but what if I thought Jacob's character was hot? what does that mean?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.