I.E., CA General Movie Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AboutaSith, Jul 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    Just saw Toy Story 3 tonight. It was awesome ofcourse. Great way to end this trilogy. I'd give it an A grade for sure:)
  2. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    Looking forward to this Friday to see Inception...Yea! I hope its as good as it looks:)
  3. jedi_onasi Jedi Master

star 3
    I'm on the fence in regards to Inception. Don't know f I want to see it......

Ronnie and I saw Despicable Me. LOVED IT!!!!!!!! [face_love]
    Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute. I love the minions and the little girl in that nmovie!

IT'S SO FLUFFY!!!

4. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    Its so Fluffy!

Look pretty funny. Considering that one for sure.
  5. AboutaSith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It looks sweet! I'm gonna go see it at AMC at the Mills on Sunday morning for $6!
  6. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    Saw Inception today...just gonna say that it was 2hrs and 28 minutes of pure awesome! This is definitely a movie worth seeing. Start to finish it kept you glued to the screen. A+ and **** =D=
  7. LordMarduk Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Critics are crazy to bad mouth this movie it looks amazing
  8. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    That's weird on who or why anyone would give it a bad review as even though it has Leonardo who I can't stand in it, this was awesome.
  9. AboutaSith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It was a great movie! I was blown away.
  10. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    Comic Con TRON Trailer...wow wee wow wee!:eek:

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/tron-legacy.html?showVideo=1#movTitle
  11. AboutaSith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Saw Salt. It was decent but kinda similar to the Bourne movies.
  12. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    The other guys...this looks funny...we're so there! Yes the link is this long [face_laugh]

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810116447/video/19060028/20100409/151/19060028-300-flash-s.105499563-,19060028-100-flash-s.105499555-,19060028-700-flash-s.105499564-,19060028-1000-flash-s.105499566-,19060028-700-wmv-s.105499567-,19060028-1000-wmv-s.105499568-,19060029-2700-qtv-s.105499570-,19060029-6800-qtv-s.105499572-,19060029-10300-qtv-s.105499574-

The Expendables...It's got like 10 action Stars in one movie...we're also so there!

http://movies.yahoo.com/summer-movies/the-expendables/1808411960

RED...Looks like we're gonna get some good movies this year after all!

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810143371/video/21041394
  13. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
  14. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    [face_dancing] Wahooo! Yea! Awesome Blossom! Mark your calenders people! =D=

"Hobbit" starts shooting Feb. 14 in New Zealand.

New Line Cinema Ian McKellen has signed on to return as wizard Gandalf in "The Hobbit," the two-pic adaptation of the J.R.R. Tolkien novel being directed by Peter Jackson.

The dealmaking on Hobbit for a slew of Jackson veterans from his "Lord of the Rings" trilogy has been coming fast and furious and comes on the heels of Andy Serkis finally inking his deal to reprise Gollum.

"The Hobbit" book introduced Gandalf and Gollum, with both characters going on to become part of literature's most popular characters. Gandalf sets the adventure going in the story and appears throughout the novel. Gollum appears in a chapter that has gone on to be one of the most memorable in all of fantasy literature.

Elijah Wood signed his deal to return as Frodo last week, and Cate Blanchett will play Galadriel once again. Orlando Bloom has an offer to return as elf archer Legolas, though it's too early to tell if a deal will be made.

15. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    [face_laugh] Now I have to get a Blue ray Player and Hi-def TV

THE FORCE IS STRONG WITH THIS ONE!!!

THE MOST ANTICIPATED BLU-RAY RELEASE IN THE GALAXY
    IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR WORLDWIDE PRE-ORDER STARTING TODAY

LAS VEGAS (Jan. 6, 2011) ? The most anticipated Blu-ray release ever -- the Star Wars Saga -- emerges from light speed this September 2011. For the first time, all six of George Lucas' epic films (Episodes I-VI) are united in one complete set. Fans worldwide are able to pre-order now with online retailers.

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment will release Star Wars in three distinct sets to meet the needs of every Star Wars fan:

* Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray (9-disc Set includes all six films)
    * Star Wars: Prequel Blu-ray Trilogy (3-disc set includes Episodes I-III)
    * Star Wars: Original Blu-ray Trilogy (3-disc set includes Episodes IV-VI)

STAR WARS: THE COMPLETE SAGA ON BLU-RAY will feature all six live-action Star Wars feature films utilizing the highest possible picture and audio presentation, along with three additional discs and more than 30 hours of extensive special features including never-before-seen deleted and alternate scenes, an exploration of the exclusive Star Wars archives, and much more.

Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray will be available for $139.99 US/$179.99 CAN and the Star Wars: Trilogy Sets for $69.99 US/89.99 CAN. Pricing for each set will vary by international territory.

Flanked by a legion of his finest Imperial stormtroopers, Darth Vader himself joined Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment President Mike Dunn at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) to announce the release, vowing "The forces of the Empire will be at your disposal to assure the success of this endeavor."

"The Star Wars Saga is the most anticipated Blu-ray collection since the launch of the high-def format," Dunn said. "The epic franchise pioneered sound and visual presentation in theaters and is perfectly suited to do it again in the home, with a viewing experience only possible with Blu-ray."

"With all six episodes available for the first time in one collection, this is a great way for families and home audiences to experience the complete Saga from start to finish," said Doug Yates, Vice President of Marketing, Online, Distribution, Lucasfilm Ltd. "And with the quality of high-definition, Blu-ray provides the most immersive home experience possible."

"The Star Wars franchise has been the most anticipated Blu-ray release by Amazon's customers," said Bill Carr, Vice President of Music and Video at Amazon.com. "We think that Star Wars will be incredibly popular with our customers, and we expect pre-orders to be very strong."

16. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    Going to see THOR on FCBD after we're all done. We've got a tradition here in the IEFF that whatever new comic movie comes out at the beginning of the summer movies, we go see it after FBCD. That said, I'll post the movie time and location asap. If you'd like to attend this years group movie experience please post here. What a great way to end a perfect day! Let's get our Geek on folks...IEFF ROCKS!=D= [face_dancing] [face_laugh]

TRON MOVIE GROUP

Mike + Sheila + Dane
  17. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    TRON MOVIE GROUP

Mike + Sheila + Dane
    Nikol

See FCBD thread for more info and or if you're going...post there:)
  18. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    New Harry Potter movie trailer:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810004624/video

New X Men - First Class (before they were X men) movie trialer:

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/x-men-first-class.html?showVideo=1#belowNav

19. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    New Transformers trailer...looks pretty awesome to say the least!

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810159115/video/25065317
  20. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    Went and saw SUPER 8 today and it was as awesome as the Wifey and I were hoping it to be! It was a mix of Close Encounters, ET, Jurassic Park, and Goonies all wrapped into one! Great movie all the way around, as this is how movies are supposed to be! J J Abrams is the man!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.