main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

General NZ chit chat

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SithForceLord, Jan 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    Anyway, no one here knows the details of what those 90 convictions are. They could be traffic related, drug possession, whatever.

I don't give a stuff what the convictions were for breaking the law is breaking the law and repeat offenders should be punished not molly coddled!

"boo hoo poor me I had a bad childhood" should not be a valid defense for committing any crime.
    I know a lot of people who had it pretty rough as kids and are model citizens.

2. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    The American "three strikes ... you're out" philosophy of punishment is often viewed as being very harsh. Its detractors often point to specific cases, like someone getting a 10 year prison sentance for stealing a slice of pizza.

However, studies in the US have shown that "major criminals" (murderers, rapists, drug dealers etc.) are almost always involved in "minor crimes" (theft, burglary etc.) as well. Malcolm Rewa, the serial rapist, was eventually done in not for his rapes, but because he was selling stolen property at the Takapuna market. If you read any studies on serial killers, you'll see that they often "disappear" for a while, only to start killing again years later. This is usually because they've been in prison for unrelated crimes during that time.

If you look at the number of people committing crimes whilst on bail or parole in New Zealand, you have to wonder if the judical system has it's collective head on straight.

3. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    As he struggles through the first beer of the day he wonders: "Why?"

Yup, Garden Party today. Last night was a mess at the local pub and I'm a bit hung over and trying to down a beer is difficult.

hmmmmmm

Still got most of a bottle of port and about 10 beers left. Must consume prior to 11. :(

Oh it's good to have no more lectures. :D

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm port.

4. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    What a right off yesterday was. :p

Went to the pub Thursday night. Then up and started again at 9:30am.

Had about 2inches left in the bottle of port by 11am and had also had a few beers.

Great day; good music and people at the garden party. 4 man's Bob played a great gig (from what I recall).

Met a few good people and a few people met me... due to my famousness. ( if you go by a store that sells magazines. See page 13 of this mouths "NZ Outdoor" magazine. :D Yup - that's me. :D) People I don't know came up to me saying am I that guy etc. lol

Everyone loved my jacket too. haha I got this awesome "Ranger 1st Battalion" jacket. It's great. Claire (this chick I met at the pub last night) said it was a swiss army one or something cause she's got one fairly similar with the same buttons.

Anyway - recovered ok and no hang over this morning, though my wrist is extremely bung. I don't know why, but it feels like all the tendons are shot. :( I've got it in a bandage to stop the movement. Might get it looked at at some stage if it doesn't get better.

5. Mr_Deflok

Mr_Deflok Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2003
    Apparently Coral's mother just got charged for having stolen goods!

6. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    though my wrist is extremely bung.

Probably o.o.s, oh the obvious cras comments you leave yourself open for!!! :p

7. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    [face_plain]

edit = I fell over while dancing and stuffed up the tendons. Comming right now though. :p

8. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    You fell over while dancing! LMAO!! (pictures SFL doin' a travolta and fallin' on his arse or rather wrist), how drunk were you?

9. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Well, I was dancing. That's a pretty good indication of how drunk I was.

9:30am - up / shower.

By 11am I had consumed 2 speights and from a full bottle of port. I had about 2cm left in the bottom.

I then had a few more beers at the Garden Party.

4pm - didnt't think I'd go well in town as buses were heading there. And it was only 4pm.

Ran home. Drank remainder of bottle of port.

Started down to the Lincoln Pub to see who was there.

Go there. Drank some more. I think Jim Beam and cola's. Some mud slide and possibly more beer.

I was pretty tanked. And yea - I only dance when no where near sober.

DID. NOT. THROW. UP.

:D

And no hang over Saturday. :)

But a full bottle of port as well as several beers... Big day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.