main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit GENERAL QUESTION THREAD (What to read? Where to start? What's canon? What's not? Duros, etc.)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jun 4, 2008.

1. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    i think it is valuable to get in JAT despite it's flaws. You need to know Kyp's past

Iron_lord likes this.
  2. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    I agree. I always hesitate to recommend these books because of their quality, but they would add to your understanding of the NJO.

Grievousdude and darklordoftech like this.
  3. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Just remembered where I posted that question so I could come back to it... Sorry for being away. :)

I somewhat agree with you, but let me put it this way. I refused to go see Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter in theaters because... it's Abe ****in' Lincoln. We know what he did... before office... during office... after off..... well, there wasn't an after office, but you get the picture. Were there vampires anywhere near him? Oh, GODS no. Was it entertaining when I saw it finally on TV? Sure. I'm not gonna turn handsprings to see or read something when it's outside the "historical" norm.

I really feel the same way about Disney's Pocahontas, Titanic and Pearl Harbor. Each of those historical events are really damn good without trying to "punch it up" with extraneous malarky.

Thanks for the info on A New Dawn. Apt title. I'll check it out.

Edit: By the way, I did read Thrawn and Hand of Thrawn and NJO and Jacen / Caedus and Lost Tribe of the Sith and Fate of the Jedi. Liked each of them. Not gonna go down that rabbit hole any more for the reason I stated above. Just don't want to confuse myself. Until a few months ago, Chewbacca was dead after being hit by a moon. That's one EPIC way to die! How do you kill a tough Wook like Chewbac? Hit him with a moon! Now he's gonna die like a punk and I'm sad for that.

4. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Can someone provide links to all of the current JC Lit Reviews threads? I'd like to do some reviews this weekend, because I'm in that kind of mood, but I don't want to go around reviving long-dead threads.

5. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Will the Imperial Handbook be canon?

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

It should be.

7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Apparently it's Legends:

Doop likes this.
  8. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Thanks. I wonder when we will get a canon guide.

darklordoftech likes this.
  9. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    When Episode VII is released, I expect a canon visual dictionary to be released as a tie-in.

Doop likes this.
  10. Force Ghost

Force Ghost Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2014
    Fate of the Jedi...

11. Force Ghost

Sep 25, 2014
    Just curious of what everyone here thought of Into the Void?

Is it worth my time?

12. Darth_Henning

Darth_Henning Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2007
    I enjoyed it. Not sure how others feel.

Also, does anyone have a list of the dates for the six star wars movies in terms of the Great Resynchronization calander?

I'm trying to timeline place some of the old WEG Holonet news articles, but its a bit problematic not know what the dates of the movies are. Anyone?

13. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    I found it rather tedious

14. Force Ghost

Sep 25, 2014
    From what I've read, it's around 30-35 ABY.

15. Force Ghost

Sep 25, 2014
    Kyp is the man. I love how he bucks the system, but is still a great Jedi Master. The Han Solo of the Order!

He is in my top 3 ( of those not of the Skywalker line) behind Saba Sebatyne and Kyle Katarn.

Thisssss one thinks Saba is awesome. Hehehe

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  16. Darth_Henning

Darth_Henning Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2007
    Found it! In the Essential Atlas of all places:

TPM - 3:04:14
    AOTC - 13:5:16
    ROTS - 16:5:20
    ANH - 35:3:3
    ESB - 38:6:6
    ROTJ - 39:3:3

I find it amusing that AOTC and ROTS are only 4 days off from exactly 3 years apart, while ANH and ROTJ are EXACTLY 4 years apart. Really?

17. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Why hadn't Sidious found the Rebels on Yavin? Wouldn't he run into them when he hangs out in Sith temples?

18. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Because of the piranha beetles that killed Lemilisk?

19. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

He is to busy for such stuff, he sends out minions to bring him stuff from said temples. ;)

20. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    You guys made me think of this except he calls Vader and goes: Hi Vader, how's it going? Oh, you strangled Ozzel for karking up? Well, good help is hard to find these days. Speaking of, can you drop by Yavin IV when you're done hunting for rebels, and pick up some piranha beetles for me? Yeah the old ones got Lemelisk poisoning again, I told not to eat so much and so fast but they never listen.

21. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    However evil canon Palpatine is... Legendary Palpatine was one twisted SOB.

22. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

And according to the book Darth Plagueis, he was quite a twisted person even before becoming a Sith.

JediMatteus and Dawud786 like this.
  23. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Well there's a reason why a friend and me call him Satan. If we ever say Darth Whats-His-Name#23 isn't as evil as Satan, we mean Palps.

JediMatteus and Dawud786 like this.
  24. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Palps is Sauron. Which is part of why I like Dark Empire. He comes back in an, arguably, diminished form.

25. vnu

vnu Jedi Master star 3

Sep 8, 2012
    I had taken a break from EU a couple years ago, ironically shortly before the big announcement and not after. I really really like the LEU and was nowhere near done with it.
    Should I return to the LEU or start with the new canon EU as it's still new and I won't have to play catch-up 20 years from now when I'm finally done with the LEU?

Actually, I'll just answer my question for me. I think I'll give A New Dawn a try, as I enjoyed the premiere of the new show and hear it's really good, and will either flip-flop between the 2 timelines or focus on the canon as long as it stays good and does not become cheesy or unoriginal like TCW was.