main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit GENERAL QUESTION THREAD (What to read? Where to start? What's canon? What's not? Duros, etc.)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I think Gamiel wants a little more than that.

Gamiel likes this.
  2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Ok, fine, two wiseguys to be dunked in da carbonite....

3. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Well, I know DigitalMessiah is a huge KJA fan, so I'm sure he could answer Gamiel's question in full detail.

4. Pua

Pua Jedi Master

Mar 28, 2010
    Ok, general question thread, I have a question. Does anybody know where I can buy a digital version of the Son of Dathomir comic? I am finishing watching TCW these days and I would like to read it to know how the Darth Maul arc ends. :)

I think it is not in Comixology...

5. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    I suggest you try Kindle.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Try here

http://marvel.com/comics/series/20147/star_wars_darth_maul_-_son_of_dathomir_2014

yodafan1031 likes this.
  7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Not sure really. Though the Marvel collections are like 10-15 dollars more than the DH collections were.
    The Marvel collection of KOTOR does have all of the covers and a couple other goodies (The Admiral's papers or some such thing) but the issue count is practically the same.

8. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Hmm, higher price for same content? Yeah, that's Marvel for you FS.

spicer, Gorefiend and Force Smuggler like this.
  9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Did Wizard of the Coast publish any kind of "how to create your own Force tradition" guide of any kind?

10. Cheerios4u98

Cheerios4u98 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 4, 2015
    This question is coming out of nowhere, but was there ever a memorial service for Palpatine after Endor in any of the books/comics? I don't know why, but just the thought of that happening sounds amusing.

11. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

The X-Wing books indicated he has some sort of funeral and that many Imperial are in mourning, even years later.

Cheerios4u98 likes this.
  12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    For example GrandAdmiralJello have turned that day into a interstellar holyday in his hegemony

Vthuil, Cheerios4u98 and Gorefiend like this.
  13. Ann Louise

Ann Louise Jedi Master star 2

Nov 3, 2012
    Any word/chance the new SW book line will have any books like Death Troopers or Blood Harvest? As a horror fan who really likes Star Wars, I was wondering. Thanks!

14. DelRiego

DelRiego Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I saw this at Wal-Mart today and I'm utterly outraged by the misspelling

[​IMG]

Do you think Lucasfilm has the trademark for both Ackbar and Akbar?

15. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
  16. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Anger!!!!!!!!

--Adm. Nick

17. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Those toy pack designers and their inefficient human arms!

Gorefiend, Davak24, DelRiego and 2 others like this.
  18. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    I will ask this but I kinda know what response will be.

Why is the post NJO bad? And mocked?
    I've not read them but caught the "excitement" of the last main book-Apocalpse and I got that everyone enjoyed it.

Same with NJO-Why is it mocked and bad?

*sorry for asking this one.

19. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Dark Nest, while actually pretty good overall, gets points taken away for not having a proper conclusion and ultimately being more of a prelude to LOTF. People also took issue with the direction it sent certain characters in. Some elements of the galaxy status quo changed at the end of the NJO also seemed to have been reverted.

LOTF's dislike comes from disjointed focused between the authors, a general feeling that it was a knee jerk reaction to NJO being seen as too radical a departure from the films and, in conjunction with that, retread many aspects of the prequels. There was also the issue of unresolved subplots and a feeling that the finale's decision to focus on only one plot line exacerbated that sense of lacking resolution.

FOTJ primary had problems with treading water (while also rushing things towards a certain scenario) and some people had characterization issues as well.

20. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    If every NJO book had been the same quality as TUF it would probably have won everyone over, as it was....

Year 1-3: You know that galaxy that had a 20-year civil war involving planetary destruction, numerous superweapons, 19 and 8km SSDs and so on? Well, the guys who fought that war have 6 years later entirely forgot everything. They get steamrollered by this new enemy, the Jedi just have no idea what to do because the Force isn't telling them and things get worse and worse to the point where the bad guys take Coruscant!

Year 3-4: Hey, the good guys are allowed to have their brains and start winning battles again. (Mostly due to Wedge and Tycho at work.) Then the political insanity and tendency to suicide by them is cured, Ackbar is brought out of retirement as the good guys are on the edge of final defeat. Cue devastatingly effective fight-back culminating in a massive arse-kicking.

Year 4-5: At this point Luke decides he and a few of the other Jedi need to find a living planet, while the Vong go apecrap crazy and blitz all manner of races out of existence in a covert continuity clean-up. Then they get a new general who can tell his arse from his elbow and a few more power-ups, along with the stunning move of destroying the holonet. (That really deserved more praise than it got.)

A lot of the stuff that goes on in NJO happens Because the Plot Says So, but it isn't quite as blatant as its successor series. It's really a trilogy story racked out across 19 volumes and those volumes vary greatly.

Barriss_Coffee and Darthmaul208 like this.
  21. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    Hi guys! Is it possible to get the comics for Nook or PC??

22. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Yep via Comixology :)

23. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Did the Empire really fracture after ROTJ in Legends or was it really ruled by Isard -> Thrawn -> Sheev clones -> Daala -> Pellaeon?

24. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

It’s fractured, since huge swaths of space and significant parts of the Imperials forces never accepted them as rulers.

25. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    What's next? I've just finished Aftermath, first book. I've already read Luke's novel, Kanan's novel and Tarkin. I feel like I'm on a starvation diet after a big feast!