main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit GENERAL QUESTION THREAD (What to read? Where to start? What's canon? What's not? Duros, etc.)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jun 4, 2008.

1. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    Strange question, but can anyone tell me the name of the full documentary the following is from?

2. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Found it. BBC did it. It was on ILM in general. This part was toward the end of it.

3. bhagavandas

bhagavandas Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 21, 2016
    Hey guys

I'm really a Anakin Skywalker fan, seriously. I wish I could see more content about him in the New Canon, but this looks really hard to happen. Anyway, I'm searching for some legends content about Anakin, showing more about his personality, his rebelty, his thoughts, and so far.

Anyone can recommend me some novels about him? It will be nice something post TPM and AOTC.

Thank you very much

Enviado de meu XT1563 usando Tapatalk

4. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    Post TPM you got the Jedi Quest books which are for younger readers but are quite good and very fun reads, the Rogue Planet, and likely some other stuff I forgot. Post AOTC I recommend the Republic Clone Wars comics and Labyrinth of Evil.

5. bhagavandas

Dec 21, 2016
    What about this one?[​IMG]

6. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    bhagavandas: It's not very good, although I remember next to nothing about Anakin's portrayal specifically. Though it's probably a safe assumption that it wasn't very good either.

7. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    It leads directly into Attack of the Clones, it's written by Foster, and it's got Barriss and Luminara, so it's worth reading.

Anakin acts like AOTC Anakin, so at least it's faithful to the source material lol

vncredleader and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  8. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    bhagavandas The Star Wars Republic Comics (and other Clone Wars era comics like Obsession) are terrific. Labryinth of Evil is one of the best Star Wars novels, so I recommend it. All the prequel trilogy novelizations are also great ways to find out more about Anakin (especially TPM and ROTS).

9. comradepitrovsky

Jan 5, 2017
    The Jabiim arc of Republic is good Anakin work, too.

spicer likes this.
  10. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    bhagavandas

Ooooh that's the one with Shu Mai on a yacht. Yeah that plot never went anywhere. I always felt the Sep leaders were each plotting massive takeovers in their own time but nothing ever came of it. No author truly appreciated their amazing (i.e. wacky) potential. Alas.

Also Barriss was an idiot in that one.

But. I enjoyed it for the romp it was. A lot of people here hate it. I think part of that has to do with the plot that goes nowhere. And maybe yeah, Anakin acts more like Hayden than TCW Anakin.

Also you ask for novels, but... have you seen the old Clone Wars cartoons by Genndy Tartakovsky? Anakin is excellent in those. Much better than... pretty much any prequel novel I can think of outside the ROTS novelization.

11. bhagavandas

Dec 21, 2016
    They still Canon?

12. YevX

YevX Jedi Knight

Feb 29, 2016
    Read the EU in Publication order or just read what you feel like reading? just finished Han Solo at Stars end, already read all of Marvels publications, cant wait to read Prequel Era comics/novels, what do you guys recommend?

13. comradepitrovsky

Jan 5, 2017
    No, but that doesn't mean the stories never happened.

14. bhagavandas

Dec 21, 2016
    Lol even the novelizations??

15. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    All of the above recommendations are good if you're interested in more Anakin stories, so I've nothing to add. All I want to say is read anything you want to read and the only criterion you should apply is whether the stories are good or not. Whether they are canon or not is irrelevant, otherwise you'll miss out on some great stuff.

vncredleader, Daneira and Darth Dnej like this.
  16. bhagavandas

Dec 21, 2016
    We have old EU books that even was recognized as legends?

17. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    *Thinks* They had one helluva time trying to retcon the Jedi Prince series.

Also, Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor was, to some degree, a retelling of events. The ending was ambiguous though as to whether the events of the book were a holothriller or the actual story (there is a clue it's the latter, but even then, it would be Luke's version of the story told to someone else).

For comics, the Tales series was largely, but non exclusively, non-canon. Also the Infinities series.

vncredleader likes this.
  18. bhagavandas

Dec 21, 2016
    Okay Guys, I will start reading Rogue Planet, then Jedi Quest series. Maybe Outbound Flight. You guys think im going to enjoy ?

vncredleader likes this.
  19. Anakin 99

Anakin 99 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 27, 2016
    What is the nature of the relationship between Antares Draco and Marasiah Fel Before their reunion in star wars legacy 6

if Darth Krayt leave Sith on Bastion what their Ranks will be and how many

20. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Marasiah and Antares's early history isn't elaborated to any extent -- the impression I got was that they knew each other from training as knights together and they fel in love that way.

Stats on Krayt's minions.... argh. That's a tough one, especially for Bastion. I don't think we know? If it was ever said explicitly, it would have had to have been a sourcebook. I don't recall ever learning exact numbers in the comics, and particularly Bastion which wasn't elaborated on much.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  21. Anakin 99

Anakin 99 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 27, 2016
    Thanks for the reply

I'm not asking about Existing minions this is a what if situation

in Star Wars: Legacy 3 Roan Fel reclaimed Bastion without a fight There was only that one guy that tried to shoot him WHAT IF Darth Krayt have left Sith on Bastion how many and what their Ranks will be

22. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    How are any of us supposed to know that? We're not Darth Krayt. :confused:

23. comradepitrovsky

Jan 5, 2017
    Well, you might not. . .

24. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    [face_rofl]

25. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    lol, classic.

EDIT: Whoops, ninja'd. Figures no one comments on it for 9 hours then two people point it out within minutes of each other. oy :p