main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit GENERAL QUESTION THREAD (What to read? Where to start? What's canon? What's not? Duros, etc.)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jun 4, 2008.

1. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    I meant Jaina's descendants and Ania Solo.

2. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I remember there being a thread on here in which Shaak Ti's (latest) canonical death was confirmed, but I can't remember where or when. Anybody?

3. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Shaak Ti was shown being killed by Vader in a vision seen by Yoda in the Yoda arc of TCW. I hope that answers your question.:)

4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Do we know of any species or culture that have been described as boring/dull/similar?

But that's just a possible future, visions only show what can (and sometime could have) happened so it is possible that she died some other way.

5. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    Khommite culture as shown in Darksaber seemed pretty dull to me: Identical buildings with no variance, a people with no sense of adventure, etc.

Edit: Also, Vuffi Raa's people the Silentium had become stagnant and unchanging. That was the reason they had sent Vuffi Raa to the GFFA, to gain new experiences.

Gamiel likes this.
  6. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Galactic Atlas says she was killed by Vader while meditating in the Jedi Temple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vthuil likes this.
  7. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    There's a deleted scene (not canon?) in the blu ray of ROTS where Dooku execute Shaak Ti on the invisible hand.

8. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    It was Grievous and yeah not canon

9. unironically

unironically Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 14, 2017
    Anyone know of a "definitive" archive or gallery for the Galaxies card game artwork? Maybe extracted from game files or assembled from various high res sources? I found a dead torrent with some of the early work and I think I saw a couple of incomplete collections. I know there a lot of pictures by various artists, so is it crazy to assume a complete set could exist somewhere for public download? Been a while since the game got shut down and the card game discontinued, so maybe this has been brought up before.

10. LuckyGungan20001

LuckyGungan20001 Jedi Knight

May 14, 2016
    I borrowed these Star Wars books from the library today:

Boba Fett - The Fight to Survive
    Labyrinth of Evil
    Darth Bane - Path of Destruction
    Lost Stars
    Smuggler's Run
    Legacy of the Force - Invincible

And I can't figure out which one to read first. Any suggestions on the best one?

11. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    Lost Stars, definetly.

12. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I'll second Lost Stars.

13. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    What is Duros on the lit forum?

14. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It's a memetic joke about people mistaking Thrawn for a Duros (blue-skinned red-eyed aliens seen in Mos Eisley cantina) and people pointing to those to make it clear what they are.

15. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Actually, I thought it originated from someone being mad that Cad Bane had red eyes and blue skin without being a Chiss - completely forgetting about Duros existing since ANH - and it was the corrections that made "Duros" a meme.

vncredleader likes this.
  16. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
  17. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    Probably my all-time favorite thread on these forums.

18. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Ummmm excuse me? We did not mistake him for a Duros, we uncovered the truth that had been there the whole time. Embrace the Thrawn is a sub-species of Duros path, it is your destiny!!

Wait that is where the joke came from? That is hysterical!!!!

Gamiel and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  19. Jedha John

Jedha John Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 19, 2017
    Back to the Shaak Ti topic, did you all see this article on starwars.com titled "Much to Learn You Still Have: 7 Things You Might Not Know About Togrutas"?

http://www.starwars.com/news/much-to-learn-you-still-have-7-things-you-might-not-know-about-togrutas

The article states the following (much of this info people already posted in the last couple pages of this thread):

Shaak Ti has died several times.
    Speaking of Jedi Master Shaak Ti, you may be familiar with the stories of her multiple tragic deaths. Her demise has been depicted in video games, films, and television series, but only one can truly be canon. In The Force Unleashed, Vader’s apprentice Starkiller dueled with the Jedi Master on Felucia, ultimately leading to her fall into the sarlacc. In Revenge of the Sith, two death scenes were filmed though both cut from the finished movie. In one clip that can be viewed in the film’s deleted scenes, Shaak Ti was held hostage by General Grievous in an attempt to get Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker to come to her rescue. When they arrive, Grievous sends a lightsaber through the Togruta after she declares that she has failed them. In the other scene, Master Ti is killed by the newly dubbed Darth Vader while meditating in the Jedi Temple. Though it’s her haunting demise seen in Yoda’s vision in The Clone Wars episode “Voices” that determines her official death was at the hand of Vader during Order 66.

vncredleader and Daneira like this.
  20. draw73

draw73 Jedi Knight

Apr 9, 2016

21. draw73

draw73 Jedi Knight

Apr 9, 2016

22. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
    Guys, i bought this, so, these books was released in the time of the movies itself, and when, Disney ends with the old EU, makes everything, except the movies and the CW 3D series, as legends, but this book doesn't have the label legends, but probaly have contradiction of the new canon, so, what's your vision of this book in the new canon?
    [​IMG]

23. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    The book is novelization of OT movies, basically, so should be canon.

But I want to bet real money that in at most 15 years Disney will reboot the OT (ALL NEW STAR WARS) and destroy everything.

24. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Given that they were published long before the big Legends announcement, and (unlike the Ryder Windham novelisations, have never been revised to match the newcanon) - the default is "not canon except where they match up to the movies".

So, no, Owen is not Obi-Wan's brother (ROTJ novel) as well as Anakin's stepbrother (AOTC).

25. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    this is ridiculous. These novels are novelization of the OT movies themselves.
    If anything, these novels take precedence over any PT movies.