main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit GENERAL QUESTION THREAD (What to read? Where to start? What's canon? What's not? Duros, etc.)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jun 4, 2008.

1. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Whiphids are one species that comes to mind.

Mia Mesharad, vncredleader and Gamiel like this.
  2. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    There are no TIE/gts in Canon, which means there are none in ESB, so anything that looks like a standard TIE is a TIE/ln.

The first known appearance of TIE/sa bombers in Legends is at the Battle of Mustafar, which Wookieepedia says took place somewhere between 18 BBY and 12 BBY, and then most of their appearances are post-Yavin. So it's safe to assume that in Legends, the TIE/gts were introduced early and weren't completely phased out until around Yavin.

In Canon, I believe there are TIE bombers in a New Dawn, which takes place in 11 BBY.

vncredleader likes this.
  3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    In the Atlas do it seems like Agamar lay just where Braxant Run and Celanon Spur hyperlanes meet, and I was wondering why is it not a major trade world?

4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe it is - which is how the stereotype of the "hick Agamarian" spread throughout the galaxy - because it was one of the most-visited Outer Rim worlds?

5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    You know, Agamar being SW Singapore was really not the impression I was given by The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons ;)

6. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Using the "hyperlane crossroads are important" interpretation, It's less a tourist attraction and more a stopping point "crossroads town" so to speak - but that's enough.

Might their advertising slogan be something along the lines of "Agamar - Halfway To Everywhere"?

7. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    Are there any new novels coming out besides phasma who I don't care about??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ObiWanKnowsMe likes this.
  8. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Nothing in terms of adult books that I'd class as a novel:

Point of a View is short stories
    So is Canto Bight, except those are closer to novellas
    The Last Jedi is a novelisation of the film

Barriss_Coffee and JediMatteus like this.
  9. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    I hope we see more material after TLJ comes out

ObiWanKnowsMe likes this.
  10. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Well, you'd think they had a whole load planned that they just haven't told us about but I expected that post-TFA and it didn't happen.

JediMatteus likes this.
  11. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    I'd imagine they'll have another novel in late winter and one in the spring. My guess would be one is ST related; possibly a Luke and Ben novel, or a sequel to Bloodline. Then they may do a Rebels sequel. When Rebels began, they had a prequel novel and they released a season three prequel after that season concluded. Since this will be the final season, I think they'll release a related book around the finale. So we can expect more novels, I just think they're waiting to announce them. If they are related to the films and TV show, they'd want to prevent any possible spoilers and so wouldn't even want to hint at the books. We can probably expect an announcement in October or November.

In the meantime, I'd say From a Certain Point of View and Canto Bight will be worth reading. They both have great contributing authors and some very creative story ideas. I expect both books will be a lot of fun.

Jedi Ben and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  12. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh both of those I expect to enjoy: Point of View is a unique undertaking and Canto Bight has JJM as one of the authors.

spicer and JediKnight75 like this.
  13. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    They are certain to make a new series Junior Jedi Knight and Young Jedi Knight series for Luke's Jedi pre massacre.
    I should probably be grateful at this point. At least there is no danger of some 14 years old being shaped by YZVs. Maybe she'll just be tortured horribly and turn KOR, similar to what Bastila Shan went through.

14. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    Hey I loved the NJO series. Even that's a better fate then what Luke currently is getting. Great books.

15. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    Hey I loved the NJO series. Even that's a better fate then what Luke currently is getting. Great books.

16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I bet we'll get a lot of Luke books next year. Most of the big secrets in the ST seem to surround him, so that's why they're probably laying low on any announcements right now. Currently their PR system seems to be to throw a porg at us every time we ask a TLJ question...

17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Do we know what movies inspiered Lucas when it comes to the Mos Eisley cantina?

18. Kyrstoph Ehlren

Kyrstoph Ehlren Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2017
    Hello Friends! :)
    I was wondering if any of you could suggest what novel I should purchase next?

Currently I own....

Dawn of the Jedi: Into the Void
    The Lost Tribe of the Sith: The Collective Stories
    Old Republic: Revan, Deceived, Fatal Alliance, Annihiliation
    Knight Errant
    The Darth Bane Trilogy
    Darth Plagueis
    Kenobi
    The Thrawn Trilogy
    The Thrawn Duology
    The Jedi Academy Trilogy
    Survivors Quest
    Outbound Flight
    Allegiance
    Choices of One
    Scoundrels
    X Wing Series Books 1 through 9
    I, Jedi
    Dark Disciple
    Lords of the Sith
    Battlefront: Twilight Company
    Battlefront 2: Inferno Squad
    Lost Stars
    The Rise of the Empire (Tarkin & A New Dawn Collection)
    Thrawn
    Bloodline

I have read the far majority of them
    I am considering purchasing Shadows of the Empire, and the Han Solo Trilogy (A.C. Crispin) next

what do you think?
    any other suggestions?

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  19. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Shadows of the Empire and the Han Solo trilogy are pretty good. I also recommend Darth Maul Shadow Hunter, Yoda Dark Rendezvous and the Coruscant Nights trilogy.

Kylun and Jedi Ben like this.
  20. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Kyrstoph Ehlren

Nice collection you have!
    Lost Tribe of the Sith and Darth Plagueis are two of my favorites.

Definitely read Shadows of the Empire. It's great.

Also, you might add The Dark Lord Trilogy to your collection, which consists of Laybrinth of Evil, Revenge of the Sith, and Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader.
    Yoda: Dark Rendezvous is good too.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  21. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    The Medstar duology is pretty good as well. It has a MASH feel about it.

22. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    After you have read AC Crispin's work with the Han Solo Trilogy, might I suggest Children of the Jedi and Darksaber, as well as Planet of Twilight?
    They are about the romantic interest of Luke Skywalker other than Mara Jade.
    Darksaber is almost like a parody, the Star Wars version of Terminator 3, if you are looking for a fun time laughing out loud, it is for you.

23. Space_Wolf

Space_Wolf Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2007
    Years ago, I bought one quite a number of the Essential Guide to books, and one of them was the Essential Guide To Characters (it was the first one.) I am old enough to watch the Droids and Ewoks cartoons, (the latter was one of my favourites) so I read the entry regarding Wicket. More recently, I came across some of the episodes from that series and there was a mention of a storyline involving Wicket and Logray not getting along because Wicket objects to some of Logray's rituals, but this storyline is not even hinted at in the cartoons. (I always assumed that it was in the cartoons, but I'd forgotten it as I'd not seen them for years and was quite young at the time, and I don't think I'd find it in the Ewok movies that were made.) So, is this storyline in the comics, or is it elsewhere?

24. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    In Legends, when was the Declaration of Rebellion? Wookieepedia says it was around 2 BBY, but the text refers to the senate being dissolved, so it would have to be, at the earliest, a day or two before Yavin.

25. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe there were two Declarations - one in 2 BBY, one right after Yavin?

That, or Palpatine had suspended (which the Rebels modify to "dissolved") the Senate more than once.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.