main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit GENERAL QUESTION THREAD (What to read? Where to start? What's canon? What's not? Duros, etc.)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jun 4, 2008.

1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    How much does the Correllian Trilogy tell us about the creators of Centerpoint Station? Does it use the term, "Architects"?

2. mammalbirds

mammalbirds Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2018
    Currently on Deceived. Should I next continue with more old republic books, or check out Darth Bane trilogy?

3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Have you any plans to read Jedi vs. Sith?

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  4. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    I only read the Revan novel. One of the most disappointing reads ever. I really struggled to read it all. I hate that book. I heard that Deceived was the best of the Old Republic tie ins, and I think that is definitely what they are, typical video game tie in stories, not regular Star Wars EU (legends) novels. If you don't play the mmo I'd say its pointless to read The Old Republic books.

Darth Bane is a much better series, and for me was a lot of fun to read. I recommend the Knight Errant novel too.

I really should get around to reading Red Harvest at some point. I liked Death Troopers and its horror genre.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Now I liked Revan but didn't care for Knight Errant. I thought the main character came off as too 'super-Jedi' for my liking.

PCCViking likes this.
  6. mammalbirds

mammalbirds Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2018
    Thanks for the heads up, I guess I won't go with Revan first then

7. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Do we know when the Phasma book takes place?

8. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    The book isn't necessarily linear but a vehicle for going into Phasma's past. Ostensibly it's set right before Poe is scooped up on Jakku. The story is told as part of an interrogation between a resistance spy and Cardinal which through the verbal sparring fleshes out Phasma's back story through backward time hops as tales about phasma told by the spy.

9. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Has the total number of people in the Imperial Forces (Stormtroopers, Navy, Army, etc) ever been revealed? In Legends or Canon? I've been looking around on Wookieepedia, but haven't seen a number or maybe I missed it.

10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  11. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Thank you!

12. Supreme Leader Woke

Supreme Leader Woke Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2017
    Todd is being facetious. ;)

3 million is the size of the Grand Army of the Republic, according to author Karen Traviss. But that’s an absurd figure, given that 16 million American soldiers alone served in WWII. It was the source of a lot of debate back in the day, and has become somewhat of a meme.

13. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I presume that's "Kamino clones only". The initial wave being 1.2 million clone soldiers, predates Traviss considerably - it goes right back to the AOTC novelization. And by several months into the war (Shatterpoint) that initial wave, and only that initial wave, was fully in service).

14. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    And by later in the war, weren't they using Spaarti-grown clones? Grown faster (although not as fast as when Thrawn grew them), but not as well trained.

15. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Sorry to interrupt in what seems to be the middle of a conversation, but is Jedi Apprentice canon?

16. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Nope - it's Legends.

17. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    teamhansolo likes this.
  18. teamhansolo

Jun 25, 2018
    Is it legends that Obi-Wan had a romantic relationship with Siri Tachi though? It even mentions it in the Attack of The Clones visual dictionary.
    It says Obi-Wan is not without his secrets, including a relationship with Jedi, Siri Tachi. The visual dictionary is legends then?

19. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    Yes that book is legends too.

20. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    The made an updated version of Incredible Cross Sections that removed Legends references like Palpatine's Baas Relief being of the Great Hyperspace War. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up doing a similar thin for the Visual Dictionaries.

teamhansolo likes this.
  21. teamhansolo

Jun 25, 2018
    Ok, thanks.

22. StartCenterEnd

StartCenterEnd Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 2, 2006
    Is Dash Rendar canon? The Outrider is in ANH, leaving Mos Eisley as Ben and Luke enter. Does this mean Dash and his ship exist in this canon universe even though the Shadows of the Empire multimedia project is no longer canon, or is just the ship canon now?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    A YT-2400 is in ANH. It's not specifically the Outrider. And even if it were canonization only works if something is directly mentioned or seen. So nope, no Dash.

24. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    I guess our hopes are dashed. :p

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  25. StartCenterEnd

StartCenterEnd Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 2, 2006
    “General Kenobi. years ago you served my father in the clone wars...”

I always wondered what Princess Leia meant by this. Is it referring to a specific mission in the clone wars where Obi Wan helped Alderaan or does she just mean that as a Jedi Knight sworn to serve the senate, just by fighting the clone wars he was serving the senators including her father? If it’s the former it seems like a missed opportunity that Lucas didn’t have an episode of Clone Wars where Obi Wan serves Bail.