main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

General Ramblings . . . we are not official

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Bujo, Apr 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bujo

Bujo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    Well, I just wanted to "report in". The work schedule just seems to be getting more and more strenuous, yet I see the symbolic light at the end of the tunnel . . .

Anyways, enough of that garbage. Que4zone, every time I go to your website I'm always happy to see that it has been updated, even with a tweak here and a pic there. I don't know jack about computers but if ever I can assist you in some way let me know.

To everyone else who was at the Milwaukee Art Museum, thank you for pointing out how much of a great time that I missed. My own fault, I know I know. To me, it's just that much more important that I free up some time for the MSOE event.

It's been tough for me trying to follow all the new messages that pop up but it is one of the few things I look forward to doing at the end of my day. We've all got a great thing going here, I see no reason why the Milwookiee Council will not succeed at becoming official and I will feel proud to be a part of that day.

On that note . . . BobaFemme, I see notes from you all the time within threads cautioning this group's moves and trying to adhere to our concerns. I applaud you for putting up with our excitement while probably sitting there going "OK, what are those crazy Wisconsinites going to try and do today . . . " To all my fellow Milwookieans and statewide friends, I ask that we just work on getting the next two meetings set up and have them go off with as much success as the Milwaukee Art Museum sounds like it was. I know we're just planning ahead, but the other cities had to go through a structured process and so shall we. Presidents, treasurers, etc. all come with time, but lets face facts, right now we're a small community of fans who are looking at having some fun meeting other fans. That would seem to be the whole point of the FanForce. And the best part is we already have the most common of bonds, a true appreciation, respect, heck even love of a certain series of films . . .

. . . no, not Police Academy . . .

. . . although, Jones and Mahoney were funny . . .

OK, I've gone on too long.

MTFBWY,

Bujo

2. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    The most important thing is that everyone has fun. Or else, why would anyone do this? :)

3. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    I totally agree with everything you said, Mike. A MAJOR DITTO!! :)

4. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    Thanks Mike. I am looking forward to meeting you finally. If not on the 27th, then at Celebration.

5. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I know we aren't official, and won't be for two more meetings. And sometime after that, we'll have to have a city rep. Now, I understand that choosing how we work within Wisconsin is totally up to us, as far as do we want a president, a speaker, a marshall, a whatever, but the post that deals with FanForce is city rep. BobaFemme, could you explain the duties of a City Rep, or point out where we could find information on it? I don't think we should start electing one yet, but I would know the qualities and responsibilities of one for when the time comes. Thank you.

6. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    The City Rep is the person who coordinates announcements with the RSA. S/he is also the contact point for FF issues. That person has blue name, a tip off for newbies who have questions that this person is a leader. The CR can be an office within the greater structure of your FanForce chapter, or also the leader. It is completely up to you. A couple examples: Whojedi is the CR for Indy Kinights, but Incom is the president. In Minneapolis, Doright is not only our CR, but our leader. We do not have officially elected offices, but someone runs book club, gaming, etc.

What ever structure you decide now is not set in stone. You may change, as a group, as the group dynamics evolve.

Another thing a CR must do, is read the CR forum regularly for FF updates, rules, rewards, etc. And, s/he must read all the posts on your board to make sure people are not flaming, trolling, selling, swearing worse than in the films, etc. The CR makes newbies feel welcome and included in group activities. Pretty much, those things a good leader does.

For the moment, I have been receiving emails about your events and questions via PM or email from Jedisis and Joan. If I have questions about dates or whatever, I go to them or post here. So, they are performing some of the CR duties for you without being assigned the task. I also read the Milwaukee forum several times a day to make sure questions are being answered. If there is anything else you want to know, ask me here or email/PM. Whatever is easiest for you.

I will be at Celebration, so ask me questions there too. After I get the rundown of your third meeting, the 'offcial' Milwaukee FF (or whatever name you all decide) are welcome to be handed out. I am excited to have Milwaukee becoming official.

The FanForce FAQs may be useful for many of your questions. Someone may want to print it for your next meeting for reference if needed.

Also, keep an eye on the general MW discussion board. When I am going to be unavailable, or there are special MW-wide announcements, they go there. When it's something big (like being out of the country, or dead) each CR gets an email.

I also have ICQ, link in my profile, feel free to use it if you have FF questions.

Thanks,
    :) Erica

7. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Thanks BobaFemme, I didn't really have an understanding of the job until you explained, and now I feel like I know what to look for when choosing one.

Dwayne, the He-Wampa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.