main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

General Television Discussion

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Jan 21, 2005.

1. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    I was looking through the posts and found an old Television Show discussion thread, however it was locked.

it seems there are a lot of different and new shows on that don't necessarily deserve their own thread.

I managed to catch Point Pleasant last night. interesting premise. I am curious to see where this goes.

My only concern about watching new shows is in them being cancelled.

Last year i started watching a show on HBO called 'carnivale'.

Talk about a WEIRD show. It is hard to even explain. just curious if anyone else watches it.

2. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Hey, I was going to do one for the same things :p Stop reading my mind.

There are so many shows & 10 threads :) I'm enjoying Amazing Race right now, the people I hated the most lost this week, hehehehehe. Also trying to get hooked on Point Pleasant, not sure what it's about yet, didn't watch last night episode yet. Looks like it will not air the same time as Alias, so that's good :D

3. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    You guys should see about getting dual recording.

i have that and it is beautiful...especially on wednesday nights.
    LOST
    ALIAS
    and Smallville
    and then two weeks ago i had to record the BSG mini-series as well.

all on at the same time....*whew* it is soo nice.

4. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    I've been bad about watching TV lately. This year I'm trying to make the commitment to follow at least Enterprise and maybe BSG and SG-1.

I watch a lot of the news channels at 2am when I'm working on stuff and I can't handle the bad cartoons (Inuyasha, Full Metal Alchemist) while waiting for the GOOD cartoons (Stand Alone Complex, Futurama, sometimes Family Guy).

5. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    We spent to much money on buying the equipment in the first place, they won't do anything for me because I'm an existing customer. But if I was new???

So we will see if we hit the lotto.

6. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001

All I got to say is THANK THE FORCE for Fox News, CNN, History, Animal Planet, & Sci-Fi Channels....FLOL!!!!!

7. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I believe Enterprise is new this week.

i heard rumor, of course, that they are cancelling it after this season.

8. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Well, it was initially reported all the way back in December, 2003 that Season 4 (this season) would be the last.

However, recent updates at Trek Today indicate that the future remains uncertain for our intrepid Trekkers of the Stars.

9. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Oh thanks for the link.

this season of enterprise has actually been pretty decent.

They are getting back to the basics of star trek...i know that might sound silly, but it is how i see it.

10. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    I suppose that I should be interested in Point Pleasant, since it involves Marti Noxon of Buffy fame, and Ben Edlund, creator of The Tick. Ben also wrote for Joss Whedon's series Firefly, and the final season of Angel.

Guess I should check it out.

11. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    I really wish Enterprise had been a lot better. I could never accept the Quantum Leap guy as the captain, and the whole hot-Vulcan-chick-with-a-drug-problem-who-couldn't-control-her-emotions thing never sat quite right with me.

And the Klingons having ridges BEFORE the whole eugenics thing is weird, too. I was hoping for some kind of thing to explain the transition between Enterprise/ST/TNG in Klingon physiology, but...oh well. I know the original ST didn't have the budget for crazy makeup, but...well...bah...nobody cares. LOL.

The whole series just started off weak...and it just keeps crawling.

And don't even get me started on the Bon Jovi opening song. *shudder...gag...gag...twitch* It's hard to even keep it on the channel long enough for the song to finish. LOL.

12. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    It's been a looooong road...

I made it through the first 6 episodes of Season 1 and had to bag Enterprise. It just didn't do anything for me on really any level.

13. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    i am with you about the klingons. in DS9 the doctor and miles asked worf what happened and all he would say is that 'he didn't want to talk about it.'

which is the biggest cop-out ever. i think they know that ST fans need some sort of explaination.

i don't mind scott bakula. i loved Quantum Leap & it still a good show. (pretty original for its time)

and YES i HATE that darn song...i always fast forward thru that part...ack.

though...it was pretty funny when dominic keating (the weapons guy) came out singing that at Starfest this past year. too funny.

14. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I believe that at least one of your concerns regarding Enterprise will be addressed relatively soon. Or at least, that's what I've heard, and that the topic was decently well handled. As far as the last season or not - a friend of mine works on the show, and the last time I talked to her, they still didn't know what the verdict would be.

Speaking of Enterprise... do any of you happen to record it?? *extremely hopeful look* Some friends and I have always gotten together on Wed nights for sci-fi, but ever since they moved Enterprise to Fri night... well, we keep forgetting to record it. It's not just my friend forgetting, but everyone else in the group forgets to remind her. It would be funny if it weren't so sad. She's bought a TiVo, and I've been put in charge of setting it up for her, but in the meantime we're missing a bunch of episodes from this season. I believe we've missed seeing...

4-2 Storm Front part 2
    4-3 Home (not sure?)
    4-7 The Forge
    4-10 Daedalus

Anyone have those?

15. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    i did...but i deleted them. had to make room for ALIAS. :)

but i can record them the next time they are on for you.

16. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    That's ok, thanks... we should be able to record them ourselves the next time they're on, assuming we get our act together! I was just hoping that I could get copies before they get around to repeating the relevent episodes...

17. buffy_wine

buffy_wine Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2003
    So far Point Pleasant has actually been pretty good
    and creepy.

18. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    I dunno, I caught an episode of Pointe Pleasant the other night and it just seemed too much like American Gothic for me to get into it. Hot blonde chick versus the evil satan guy in a small town setting. *shrug* I dunno, maybe it has more to it. I wasn't watching it that closely.

19. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    GREATEST AMERICAN HERO SEASON 1 ON DVD FEB 15!!!!!!!

I know Sith_Slayer and ZOO will be excited, we had similar TV childhoods, the rest of you probably have no idea why i'm so excited.

20. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    hey hey...what about me?! you think i got this way by accident? :)

'believe it or not, i'm walking on air...'

21. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I am sooooo behind on my Nostalgia DVD's :( [face_blush]

I still need to get The World of Sid & Marty Kroft Special DVD Set

Not to mention The Dukes of Hazzard

Plus, I want to get my hands on all the Flying Circus, Burns & Allen, The Waltons, Little House on the Prairie, Knightrider, Sid Caesar, Carson's Tonight Show (GOD I hope they start releasing those in a complete set soon!).

And I'm still holding out hope that they'll put Gimme A Break, The Facts of Life, Different Strokes, The Powers of Matthew Starr, Misfits of Science, and Family on DVD someday. [-o|

Of course, I also want to finish my Friends collection, pick up all the L&O: SVU, CSI and ER on DVD as well... But alas, all this will have to wait until after the year of Star Wars :(

22. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Little House is on twice a day on the Hallmark channel. I am going to start TiVoing them when they start back at the beginning. :) that show always made me cry.

I remember friday nights...the incredible hulk & the dukes of hazzards. then the beginning of Dallas. I wasn't allowed to watch that show.

23. buffy_wine

buffy_wine Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2003
    I remember watching Mighty Mouse.

24. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Thanx for the update, O_W.

William Katt in his signature role & scrumpdilyicious Connie Sellecca to boot.

[image=http://www.remember1964.com/FanzineGreatestAmericanHero.JPG]

[image=http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/imageserver.x/00000000/debra/Sellecca.ConnieStunning.jpg]

25. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Anyone else watch Veronic Mars? I'm loving this show...possibly just because Kristen Bell is a hottie...but even so, the show itself is pretty enjoyable.