main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

General Television Discussion

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Jan 21, 2005.

1. buffy_wine

buffy_wine Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2003
    So I watched the new Revelation show. I thought it was pretty good.
    It has this X-files, Indiana Jones (sp), and Left Behind feeling. (But better than the Left Behind movie).
    I give it about three shows till they cancle it.
    Although my brother pointed out that NBC is desprate for shows, so it might last.

Is it a mini TV series, or just a regular show?
    It almost seems like a mini series.

2. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    I had to go all the way back to April to find this thread. *whew* April 14, to be precise.

Ok...so a new season as started. Thanks to the GLORY of Tivo. (Did you know I am BIG into that?) I can catch just about anything I desire.

So far I have caught.

Bones-Hey, David B aka Angel is on here. 'Nuff said It is decent enough.

House-I know it isn't new, but I just got into it a couple of weeks ago. It is actually one show my roommate and I agree on. I really like it..sometimes a little too graphic for my liking. (Same with Bones)

Supernatural-NOT my type of show at ALL. However, I got sucked in by the fact that one of the guys from Smallville was going to be on. I just am glad my roommate is home by time the really scary parts come on. I usually hide my eyes. But I like it thus far.

Surface-The jury is still out on this one. It has potential. I don't if it about aliens or sea monsters.

Shows I have Tivo'd yet haven't watched yet.

Invasion-obviously about aliens.

E-ring-This looked interesting. I went to the movies and they were advertising it. Benjamin Bratt and Dennis Hopper, thought I would see what it was about.

Of course there are other shows, but they have their own threads.

I find it interesting the 'boom' of Sci Fi shows on the major networks. There is one on CBS as well, Threshold, but I missed the premiere.

I think BSG & Stargate have really opened the door for more mainstream SciFi shows.

3. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    I think your mom needs her own show.

4. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    That is the BEST ya could do...so sad. ;)

5. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    wow he goes right for the your momma jokes.

6. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    no, nnay, thats the best your mom could do.

7. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Josh, THAT made me laugh.
    :)

Actually it was that started the 'mom' jokes. ACTUALLY, it was my friend Blayne. Stacy tried once, it was so sad. ;)

8. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    You mean, YOUR MOTHER was so sad.

Butt anyway, I'd have to disagree that BSG and/or Stargate are at the core of the recent 'explosion' of Sci-Fi on mainstream Network TV.

I'd actually have to give that credit to LOST, which actually IS Sci-Fi. In fact, the majority (if not all) of those shows that you listed are really just the Networks' attempts to cash in on Lost's success & 'clone' it.

Lost has shown us that Sci-Fi doesn't HAVE to involve aliens & outer space, yet it can still successfully explore the human drama.

Now, that's not to discredit BSG at all, as I still feel it is the strongest show on TV right now.

9. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Yes it was very sad, because you didn't know any better...it was cute.

OK fine I know you just want to argue with me. ;) No I agree with you about LOST, I actually MEANT LOST, not Stargate. DOH! Which is what I said to my roommate the other night.

I do think that BSG has had a good push too. After all, they did show it on NBC a couple of nights. That was fun.

10. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Got around to watching E-Ring last night.

Can I say how disppointed I was.

With both Benjemin Bratt & Dennis Hopper, I had decent expectations. Well, have to say, very disappointed. There was not a natural flow and it just seemed very forced.

So, we will see.

Still need to watch Invasion.

11. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Invasion didn't do much for me, but perhaps I just need to warm up to it.

I'm somewhat intrigued by Threshold, but perhaps that's just the Trekkie in me gravitating towards my Brent Spiner fix.

Or, it could just be the Horn-dog in me being drawn to Carla Gugino (Don't think Spy Kids here, See Sin City)

12. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I will refrain from the last comment. ;) I didn't know that Brent was in that. Do you have the first couple of episodes...now I want to see it. He is a good actor.

13. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    What show is this?
    If that chick is on it, I'll check it out.

14. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Go watch "Troop Beverly Hills" and see if it doesn't cure you ;) [face_laugh]

15. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    with Shelly Long?

16. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Hey, as long as she's got Sin City & the Singing Detective under her garter belt, I'm hooked....

17. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    That's the one [face_devil]

18. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    ^ Worst.Movie.Ever

19. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    I won't deny you that it is bad... But worst? Nah... I'll leave that to "The Amazon Women of the Avacado Jungle of Death." ;)

20. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    try to sit through House of the Dead. I dare you. [face_plain]

A certain roommate of mine has been putting off seeing Sin City until the other day we saw Carla Gugino in Snake Eyes and I pointed out the fact that she has some good scenes in Sin City... I think he kinda wants to see it now. *shrug*

21. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    Yeah, I do!!!

22. PROP_TART

PROP_TART Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2004
    i think the actuall "worst movie ever" award goes to Plan Nine from outer space. Its about aliens that shoot a beam at earth to revive the dead, and the dead reak havoc and so on and so on. it features Bela Lugosi aka dracula as one of the zombies, except he died during the filming so they used some of the same footage over again. it was really a terrible film experience.

23. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    House of the Dead is a "horror" flick based on the arcade game. The best actor in this movie is CLINT HOWARD...not kidding. The nudity was minimal and did nothing to make up for how horrible the flick is. The movie has shots of zombies getting shot in the video game as transitions, and in some of the action scenes when the zombie shooting is happening, it has shots of zombie shooting from the game just thrown in at random. At the end they fight the main zombie with swords in what is probably one of the lamest coreographed sword fights I've seen outside of fanfilms...well, I dunno, most fanfilms are probably actually better. This is the only movie I've gone to where people start doing the MST3k commentary and instead of the rest of the theater getting pissed and yelling at them, everyone starts laughing and joining in. In a full theater. Well...it was only about half-full by the end of the movie.

Easily the worst movie I've ever seen in a theater, and in strong competition for the worst movie I've ever seen.

But then again...I'm pretty sure I've said all this on these boards in previous threads before...lol

24. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I went back to September to find this. :)

TV Gal Bestows Best of the Best

(Monday, January 02 12:00 AM)

By Amy Amatangelo

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - - Should old television plots and characters be forgot and never brought to mind? Of course not. As we say goodbye to 2005, a look back at the best of the best:

Best Bad Boy: Sawyer on "Lost"

Best Bad Boss: Michael on "The Office"

Best People to Solve a Crime: Cast of "Without a Trace"

Best Good Detective: Deputy Chief Brenda Johnson on "The Closer"

Best Bad Cop: Vic Mackey on "The Shield"

Best Friends: Vince and the gang on "Entourage"

Best Friend: Sookie on "Gilmore Girls"

Best Reason to Still be Upset About a Show Cancellation: "Joan of Arcadia"

Best Proof that You Don't Need to be Able to Act to be on TV: Robin Tunney on "Prison Break"

Best Creepy Character: Sheriff Tom Underlay on "Invasion"

Best Villain to Root for: Dina Araz on "24"

Best Villain to Root Against: Antwon Mitchell on "The Shield"

Best Surprise: The Vice President is Patricia Wettig on "Prison Break"; Walt's kidnapping on "Lost"

Best Husband: Joe on "Medium"

Best Sexual Tension: Meredith and McDreamy on "Grey's Anatomy"

Best Unrequited Love: Pam and Jim on "The Office"

Best Cast Addition to a New Show: Mark-Paul Gosselaar to "Commander In Chief"

Best Cast Addition to an Existing Show, Female: Kate Walsh to "Grey's Anatomy"

Best Cast Addition to an Existing Show, Male: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje to "Lost"

Best Planning for New Fall Season: Rockmund Dunbar who seamlessly bounced from a series regular on the quickly cancelled "Head Cases" to increasing his role on "Prison Break"

Best Proof that There's Life After a Reality Series: Steven W. Bailey on "Grey's Anatomy."

Best New Catch Phrase: "Have you met Ted?" from "How I Met Your Mother"

Best New Word: "Snarkastic" on Gilmore Girls.

Best Cameo: Joss Whedon on "Veronica Mars"

Best Proof that Recasting Can't Help a Bad Series: Replacing Marguerite Moreau with Kristin Lehman as the female lead on "Killer Instinct"

Best Comic Relief: Dude, it's so Hurley on "Lost"

Best Hurley in Training: Dave on "Invasion"

Best Guest Star: Amy Acker as the villainous Kelly Peyton on "Alias"

Best Example of a Sophomore Slump: "Desperate Housewives"

Best Example that a Sophomore Slump Doesn't Have to Happen: "Lost"

Best Proof that There's Life After a Jerry Springer Movie: Jamie Pressly on "My Name is Earl"

Best Boyfriend Under 25: Bright on "Everwood"

Best Boyfriend Over 25: Luke on "Gilmore Girls"

Best Crazy Girlfriend: Callie Thorne on both "Rescue Me" and "ER"

Best Burying of Past Role: Brittany Snow so earnest on "American Dreams" and so down right disturbing on "Nip/Tuck"

Best Great Work Amid a Ridiculous Season: John Hensley on "Nip/Tuck"

Best New TV Star: Wentworth Miller on "Prison Break"

Best New to TV Star: Jason Lee on "My Name is Earl"

Best Place for a Buffy Alum: "Veronica Mars"

Best Reason to Break into Prison: Michael on "Prison Break"

Best Reason to Break Out of Prison: GOB will help you escape on "Arrested Development"

Best Proof that all TV Shows Can Make a Comeback: This season of "The West Wing"

Best Proof that all Good Things Must Come to an End: This season of "Alias"

Best Shout Out to Another Show: Summer donning a "Donna Martin Graduates" t-shirt on "The O.C."

Best Use of Inside Jokes: "Boston Legal"

Best Second Chance at Romance: Luka and Abby on "ER"

Best Brothers: A tie between Sam and Dean on "Supernatural" and Charlie and Don on "Numb3rs"

Best Reason to Get Basic Cable: "Rescue Me"

Best Reason to Get HBO: "Entourage"

Best Reason to Get Showtime: "Weeds"

Best Versatile Actor: Currie Graham who in 2005 played Lt. Thomas Bale on "NYPD Blue," Stacy's husband on "House," Lynette's boss on "Desperate Housewives" and an assistant district attorney on "Boston Legal."

Best Good Cry: The reunion of Sun and Jin and Rose and Bernard

25. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    Best Your Momma joke: