main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

General Television Discussion

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Jan 21, 2005.

1. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002

I liked it...season 1 was pretty fun...i got too hooked NOT to finish it. but yeah s1 was good.

2. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I couldn't stop watching season 1, almost done w/ S2, still liking it. Maybe I will stop but I usually can't do that, have to finish it up :(

3. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Yeah, it's hard to stop watching a show you like even when your friends tell you it gets worse and to stop at a certain point. I think the only time I've been successful at this is the Holiday Special. Much as I love Star Wars, I won't go down that road. :p

4. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I had to watch the end of season 3 of Alias and ended up staying up until 3 am.

5. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    =D=

We used to have a thread. ;)

Looks like it was started mid-season 2. :)

6. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Finished S2 of Prison Break, I can see what your talking about but the last 5 mins. got me hooked again. So I will watch S3, just because. I watch/listen while I sew, if not I hear the voices in my head & nobody wants me listening or doing what they say to do.

7. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    ok so i caught the new Being Human on SyFy. I have to say i really liked it!

caught THE CAPE last week...UGH horrible.

8. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    The Cape was better this week, but I think it still has a long way to go....

9. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Well good, DVR took a crap & I lost the first episode and while trying to fix it I think we didn't get the 2nd. Stupid new one they sent us doesn't work either, they want me to do a whole dog & pony show before they do anything else. We are so going to get free HBO & skinamax out of this.

10. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    If you're talking about The Cape I'll bet you can stream them from NBC's website.

11. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    [face_dancing] excellent on free!

Games of Thrones starts this April on HBO. SO looking forward to that.

12. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Being Human is on tonight...knowing syfy they will reair last week's and then this weeks...

13. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I have to say after two episodes...Being Human is good.
    It doesn't hurt that the guy from the force unleased is the vamp.

[image=http://www.syfy.com/_cache/assets/assets/beinghuman/2011-01/wallpaper_aidan_1600_129426342356.jpg]

14. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Looks like the cape is being canceled...honestly NOT surprised

15. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009
    Anyone catch last week's premier of Falling Sky? What a steamy pile of bantha pudu!! If the global alien takeover is really that cheesy, I hope they take me quick!!! [face_frustrated]

16. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    It's on my tivo, but the plan is to get together tomorrow afternoon to watch it. I did hear from multiple sources that it got pretty good reviews...

17. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009
    Really!? Wow...I could barely sit through the whole thing. In my opinion, it lost the on going battle of trying to come up with original sci-fi content. You can really see so many elements that were just plane ripped off from shows like BSG and The Walking Dead. Ugh...so disappointed. :_|

18. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    indeed. it was horrible!! i'll give it one maybe two more goes...but not giving it much hope.

19. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    I don't get why the [face_alien_1]'s can't see them in the day time? Most the acting is bad, but i'm sticking with it just to see.

Looks like there will be some great comedy shows coming this fall. We will be watching Jess and Whitney for sure.

20. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005

The new season of Torchwood is pretty dang cool. I like the apocalyptic, intellectual discussion of nobody dying and what it could do to society.

Not having seen any episodes prior to this season, it still holds up well and we don't feel lost watching it.

I like the feistiness of the brunette in Torchwood...although I'm having a bloody hard time understanding what she's saying half the time!

Only seen the first 2 episodes, so no spoilers, please.

21. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    JT how does it compare with the original british version. i tried ONE episode and i was like oh no way.

I will say I am glad i stuck with Falling Skies. last week got REALLLLLY interesting and of course this week is the 2 hour season finale!

22. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    I haven't seen any previous seasons or, if this is a remake, the original one from across the pond, so I can't say.

All I know is that this one is good and a good jumping off point if anybody is interested in the concept, but not interested in watching what has happened before.

23. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    So, what are people watching this fall? I picked up Terra Nova and Secret Circle. Both are pretty good so far. I'm still watching Vampire Diaries, Supernatural and Fringe (though the latter I have to pick up online 8 days later). Hm, that reminds me, I need to catch up on Clone Wars.

24. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I hear Homeland is really good, but I haven't had a chance to watch it. Personally I'm really enjoying this season of Psych. It's been awesome so far.

25. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I just finished watching this week's Secret Circle. Yikes! It's getting pretty good.

Once Upon a Time starts this weekend. I haven't seen the ads, but the little bit I read/heard sounds interesting.