main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

General Television Discussion

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Jan 21, 2005.

1. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Yes, of course Face Off and we watch Total Blackout, super funny. Killer Karaoke, Steve O from Jackass is the host. The Following is GREAT can't wait for CULT, looks good too.

2. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I could barely get through one episode of killer Karaoke, and I like Steve o and jackass ;).

I need to find a new series to watch. Thinking of finishing breaking bad. I just had a hard time getting into it.

3. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    It's only the best show that's ever been on television!!! Better than BSG, I think.

How much have you watched? It's totally worth it to watch them all. The last 8 episodes will be this fall.

4. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    We got to the episode in season 1 where the bathtub falls through the ceiling..

5. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    It only gets better and better.

6. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    We have to wait until we sign up for HBO again and then we can watch it on HBO go unless.... It's on Netflix....

7. Jomama

Jomama Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 3, 2009
    I started watching Revolution this Fall but now it's on break till 3/25 which is a ridiculously long break. A 4 month break is not helping me keep my interest in the show. I have gotten hooked on Once upon a time though. It's usually kind of fun when it doesn't get too filled with drama.

8. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Oh, right. I keep meaning to watch both of those....

9. Nagayoshi

Nagayoshi Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2012
    I watched the first 2 seasons of Abbey... is the third season worth getting in to?

Any Survivor fans in here? New season of fans vs. favorites recently started.

nnaydolem likes this.
  10. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Yeah the 3rd season was great! Some disappointing things but worth the watch.

There are quite a few of us that watch survivor. I like this season I can't wait for Brandon to snap fully :p.

11. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Jomama, it's a good thing you don't watch Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones. The wait between season/half seasons has been over 6 months or even longer than a year! Oy! Luckily they are the best shows on tv now, or else I'd pass on them. Join the cult of Breaking Bad!

Yeah, we're watching Survivor. The fans are kind of annoying and the "favorites" are okay. I'm not too into crazy players. It just makes me want to watch them get voted off. Then again, at least we're watching. Perhaps that's the producers' plans all along...

Still in the midst of watching Firefly. It has gotten better. Just finished watching the one where Captain Mal and that red-headed chick (who isn't good looking IMHO) try and steal the blaster and he ends up being naked. Good stuff.

nnaydolem likes this.
  12. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    I am so behind on stuff...but chomping at the bit for GoT to start...31 days!!!!!!!

catz44 and DieWompRatDie like this.
  13. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    I saw a new preemies for it, it looks great!!!

14. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    And now many shows are on break for a couple of weeks...

15. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

I finished watching all 13 episodes and the movie. The episodes were fantastic. I'm glad I stuck with it and got to enjoy them all. River's character arc throughout the series and movie didn't quite do it for me. IT was good, but I enjoyed the other characters much more.

Spoil away now! I totally understand where you're coming from QHM with all these qualities of the show and I get why there is such a great following for it. Too bad, indeed, that it's life was so short. But it was great with what it had. Man, I felt so sad for the main character deaths, too. All around a great show and one I'd recommend...if everyone I know hadn't seen it already!

nnaydolem likes this.
  16. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    YEAH!!!!! i am glad you stuck with it JT. And Anita articulated it so much better. yep i'll be meeting mal here soon. ;)

17. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Told you it was good stuff. And there was SO much more to come.... When you watch it obsessively [face_whistling] , you can see the seeds planted for other stuff. Like, what was on Book's ID that got him immediate medical attention from the Alliance?

Whedon said that Miranda would have been around the end of Season 2, so he compressed an entire season, possibly more, into the movie. I do think that affected River's arc substantially. It also affected people dying who probably wouldn't have if it had been a series and not a movie (one death was due to a scheduling conflict, but ultimately really freaking worked).

18. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Yeah, I was wondering what was up with the Alliance's treatment of the Shepherd. Why was that?

And no question, Morena Baccarin looks better in Firefly than V.

19. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Continuum finished the first season this week. Overall a solid show. Not as awesome as Firefly, but a decently solid offering. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more.

20. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I don't like short hair on her.

There is a graphic novel from Dark Horse that goes into Book's past and explains a few things.

Smartphones are neato.

21. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I'm glad you have finally been converted to a Browncoat. Soon enough, you'll be saying things are "shiny."

nnaydolem likes this.
  22. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Either that or cussing at people in Chinese!

Obey Wann likes this.
  23. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Agreed. She's one of the few people who can pull it off, and she does it well, but her longer hair (either shoulder or mid-back level) looked so much better.

I got the Shepard Book comic for xmas, but haven't read it yet. Terrible oversight that I will have to fix soon.

24. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Game of Thrones is back on Sunday. Anybody watching this one? It's got nudity, blood, swords, dragons and...nudity!

25. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I have been enjoying CULT...but i am feared it isn't long for this earth.