"General Vos" (Ep3 Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Alixen, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alixen Force Ghost

star 4
    Heh, i bet everyone caught that line.

Looks like Quinlan is now G-Canon :D

Or at least a General Vos lol

Ah well, nice nod to 'Republic'
  2. Fist_of_Mandalore Jedi Master

star 4
    Iz it really difficult to use search? Or at least look for a thread on this?
  3. Alixen Force Ghost

star 4
    I saw one earlier yes, but it's almost 1AM and i have just traveled 40 miles, i really cant be bothered looking back pages before i sleep, with that.

Goodnight.
  4. wild_karrde Chosen One

star 7
    I do belive the line was "Master Vos" not "General Vos".
  5. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    He was slated to appear, ya know... in a very, ahem, explosive way.
  6. Tiershon_Fett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It's in the graphic novel, I believe.
  7. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    Yeah, it is. But I still want to see it on film. :(
  8. Knight1192 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well, he did appear in TPM, although it wasn't until the comics said he was Quinlan Vos that we knew who the background character seen for all of a second was. So at least he has appeared in the movies. To actually have his name mentioned, however, is certainly something. Does seem like more and more of the EU, whether it is stuff that was created in the EU or stuff created or proposed for the movies and then named within the EU, has been making it's way into the movies.
  9. lawnmowerman603 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I still don't buy that that was Quinlan on Tatooine, regardless of what the depth commentary on the TPM dvd says. Seriously, why wouldn't Qui-Gon have recognized him and more importantly why wouldn't his being on Tatooine have been mentioned in one of the many many dark horse stories he's appeared in? Its just another member of Quin's people as far as I'm concerned.
  10. Darth_Kevin Force Ghost

star 5
    I do belive the line was "Master Vos" not "General Vos".

I thought it was General too. Could be wrong though.
  11. DarthBale Jedi Master

star 2
  12. Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master

star 4
    >>"more importantly why wouldn't his being on Tatooine have been mentioned in one of the many many dark horse stories he's appeared in?"<<

It, erm, is.
  13. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    It is Quinlan on Tatooine- in Stark Hyperspace War, Aayla says that Quinlan didn't want to blow his cover and wasn't aware of how desperate Qui-Gon's situation was.
  14. QuentinGeorge Force Ghost

star 5
    To be fair, he didn't actually see much of Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan - mostly Jar Jar and Anakin.

Maybe he thought, "By the Force, Jinn's got another pathetic lifeform with him. I'll sit this one out..."
  15. jawajames FF Pacific RSA / Chapter Rep San Diego, CA

Manager
    star 6
    TPM: it could also be that Qui-Gon didn't actually know Quinlan... (although from the comics it appears that Quinlan recognized Qui-Gon) - remember at this time there are around 10,000 Jedi - there's a very good chance that they might not have ever crossed paths or been officially introduced.

out of ten thousand jedi, how many do you think Qui-Gon actually knows, especially one outside of his training class?
    (kinda like knowing someone who attended the same high school or college as you, but graduated a few years before you started)
  16. Leto II Jedi Master

star 6
    He knew Quin -- remember Republic #69 or #70 ("Dreadnaughts of Rendili")?

He saves his and Obi-Wan's lives when their widdle stone-levitation trick went awry on that river. Granted, Quin was much younger, but he was close to Obi-Wan, and Jinn undoubtedly kept close track of those Kenobi hung around with over the years.

To say nothing of the Kiffu-tats and the dreads. Not too many males from those planets in the Order.
  17. QuentinGeorge Force Ghost

star 5
    it could also be that Qui-Gon didn't actually know Quinlan

Quinlan and Obi-Wan became best buds during the Stark Hyperspace War, and we specifically see Tholme, Qui-Gon, Quinlan and Obi-Wan having a good ol' chat.

They know each other, trust me.
  18. jawajames FF Pacific RSA / Chapter Rep San Diego, CA

Manager
    star 6
    eh.. i forgot... thanks for reminding me!
  19. Knight1192 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    and more importantly why wouldn't his being on Tatooine have been mentioned in one of the many many dark horse stories he's appeared in?

Stark Hyperspace War. Aayla mentions in the third issue (should be more than halfway through the TPB) that she and Quinlan were on Tatooine the last time Qui-Gon was there but were unable to do anything to help because they were working undercover. Quinlan Vos does appear in SHW, but it is a young Padawan Quinlan as the Jedi Masters present (Plo Koon, Tholme, Mace Windu, and Adi Gallia) at the start of SWH and Republic officer (or is that former officer) Jace Dallin tell Aayla of the events of the Stark Hyperspace War.
  20. Mordeci Jedi Padawan

I'm not overly knowledgable on such things but I had thought that Quinlan Vos was more of a information source, and mainly dealing undercover. Possibly on Tatooine Qui-Gon saw him but felt that he could find his way off himself not wanting to disturb whatever the council had set Quin to do on the desert planet. . . then again I'm fairly new to all of this, I just have an odd interest in Quinlan and read everything that I can. . . so more than likely im wrong and you shouldn't even read anything that I write.
  21. wild_karrde Chosen One

star 7
    Qui-Gon never saw Quin (that we know of) but Quin saw Qui-Gon. He didn't help because 1) he was under cover on an assignment and 2) he didn't know that Qui-Gon needed help. In one of the comics he says something like if he knew what was going on he'd have blown his cover and gone with Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan to Naboo. I forget which one it was, so don't ask for a direct quote :p
  22. Amidala Starkiller Force Ghost

star 6
    I remember that too w_k. I want to say it was in the The Stark Hyperspace War arch, but I?m not sure.
  23. wild_karrde Chosen One

star 7
    Aha, found the quote! From SHW pt 3, page 5:

Aayla: Quinlan and I were on Tatooine the last time Qui-Gon was there. We heard about his death just before we left. Quinlan regretted not contacting him. We were working undercover and he wasn't aware that Qui-Gon's need was so desperate.
  24. GreenLightsaber24 Jedi Knight

star 2
    still don't buy that that was Quinlan on Tatooine, regardless of what the depth commentary on the TPM dvd says. Seriously, why wouldn't Qui-Gon have recognized him and more importantly why wouldn't his being on Tatooine have been mentioned in one of the many many dark horse stories he's appeared in? Its just another member of Quin's people as far as I'm concerned.
    <<<<<<<<<<,,,,

Quin was mentioned in the DVD Commentary? I don't remember that.
  25. Kreuzader Jedi Master

star 4
    The dvd.starwars.com text commentary, not the audio track.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.