"General Vos" (Ep3 Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Alixen, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediGaven Jedi Master

star 2
    "Honestly, I hope he somehow survives and becomes the main character in the tv series. He's such an awesome character."

As do I. He's so awesome.

They could get a Native American to play the part, as well, or whoever played the extra in TPM.
  2. Tricky Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    If the lady that created Quinlan Vos didn't know he was going to be killed, why does she suspiciously know about a website for a petition to keep her character alive?

Werd to the nerd...
  3. JediGaven Jedi Master

star 2
    Make sense that does not.

Good observation you have made, Tricky...
  4. Rogan_Agar Jedi Master

star 4
    Too bad Vos did not die on screen. I really hate this character...
  5. Darth Pipes Force Ghost

star 5
    Since he wasn't killed on-screen, I would think Dark Horse would keep him alive. I have a feeling, once GL decided not to film his death, he threw in that reference to Vos taking his troops to Boz Pity.
  6. Jodus Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, I think she knows about the website, because ROTS is basically when all the Jedi are killed. SO her character would be planned to die at some point. At which point she could have a petition or something. This death thing is no suprise to anyone working there, its how and when, not IF.
  7. Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji

VIP
    star 4
    Mara was not in ROTJ, nor was a background extra retroactively named Mara Jade. The photo of Arica from the Decipher CCG (reused in the SW.com Databank) was made especially for that card.
  8. TogashiAikune Jedi Knight

star 2
    Except Dark Horse put his death in the comic meaning he's dead.
  9. Nemuro Force Ghost

star 4
    Exactly. If the comic shows him dying then the character is oficially dead despite the movie showing him dying or not.

Now, we all know exlosions aren´t that deadly in Dark Horse (Boba Fett) but we can´t expect to be that the case here and every other time.

10. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Well, the thing is, the way his death is depicted in the comic, it's still plausible for him to have survived.
  11. Sturm Antilles Former Manager

star 6
    But then it gets kind of silly. I mean, as SW fans, we're put through this all the time...

We didn't see Asajj hit the ground! She's still alive!

Fett blew up the Saarlac with his rockets! He's still alive!

We didn't see Xizor actually disintegrate onboard Falleen's Fist! He's still alive!

Admiral Piett jumped down into a Lucasfilm escape hatch ( see Mola Ram in Temple of Doom )! He's still alive!

Mace flew out of a thousand-meter building while missing an arm and racked by lightning! But, we didn't see him actually fall to his death.

Say it with me now...

...He's still alive!
  12. Wampa_Joe Jedi Knight

star 2
    I generally hate when dead characters come back, but I'd make an exception to the rule for Vos. As long as he's the only purged Jedi in ROTS to return, that is. I'd hate for it to become a regular event, ala DC or Marvel Comics.
  13. james_hewlett Jedi Knight

star 1
    I feel the same, when i asked Jan about Quin's death at C3 she just looked smug and said wait for the Republic arc 80-84 now if that meant she'll get the chance to do his death justice or if he survived I can't wait to see.
  14. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Well, I think the thing that leads credibility to Vos's potential surivial is, from what we've seen, the same thing happened to him that happened to Obi-wan in the movie, which opens up the likely posisbiltiy he could ahve survived.
  15. TogashiAikune Jedi Knight

star 2
    So the tank he was on came to life and sacrificed itself to save him? Because Boga's sacrifice was the only thing that allowed Obi to survive.
  16. chiss_man Force Ghost

star 6
    Sturm Antilles posted on 5/31/05 11:24pm

We didn't see Asajj hit the ground! She's still alive!

Fett blew up the Saarlac with his rockets! He's still alive!

We didn't see Xizor actually disintegrate onboard Falleen's Fist! He's still alive!

Admiral Piett jumped down into a Lucasfilm escape hatch ( see Mola Ram in Temple of Doom )! He's still alive!

Mace flew out of a thousand-meter building while missing an arm and racked by lightning! But, we didn't see him actually fall to his death.

Say it with me now...

...He's still alive!

/>

To be fair, only Asajj and Fett returned from the examples you listed, and Asajj was specifically meant to return (it was the whole point of Obsession really). But if Piett or Mace come back though, then we got problems. :p/>/>
  17. Paladin307 Force Ghost

star 2
    I do not really see how Mace can survive....all it took was a chop and a force push to knock Anakin out in Episode II. In III, we have the chop, a lot of force lightning, and then the force push out a skycraper. He was probably dead before he even collided with anything...
  18. razzy1319 Jedi Master

star 4
    I do not really see how Mace can survive....all it took was a chop and a force push to knock Anakin out in Episode II. In III, we have the chop, a lot of force lightning, and then the force push out a skycraper. He was probably dead before he even collided with anything...

yeah and dooku having both his arms cut off and not being knocked unconcious is suspicious?
  19. GreenLightsaber24 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Luke didn't pass out when he got his hand cut off.
  20. Sturm Antilles Former Manager

star 6
    ToashiAikune :
    So the tank he was on came to life and sacrificed itself to save him? Because Boga's sacrifice was the only thing that allowed Obi to survive.

ROFL. [face_laugh]
  21. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    >>So the tank he was on came to life and sacrificed itself to save him? Because Boga's sacrifice was the only thing that allowed Obi to survive.<<

I don't know if that's what the novel says, but from the film it looked like the clones blasted the spot Obi-wan was in, causing both he and Boga to fall.
  22. TogashiAikune Jedi Knight

star 2
    Boga's body takes the brunt of the blow. Also the reason the Clones didn't finish the job was because of the Nos Monster eating the probes that were looking for him.
  23. wild_karrde Chosen One

star 7
    In the book Boga was blown up, she wasn't in the movie (PG13 and all). In the comic it clearly appeared that it was the tank that took the fire from the clones, and not Quin himself. It is very possible that when the tank blew Quin was thrown off and into the lake or the bushes or something and survived, though he would have been very badly wounded. I'd be willing o accept something like this if it means 1 more Quin story in which he doesn't go out like a punk and gets to fight Vader.

Aayla, on the other hand, is VERY VERY dead. Watched the movie 3 times now and you can clearly see her being wounded by the blaster fire. And blue != stun, as all of the clones blasters fired blue bolts through the whole movie.
  24. Kast_Morben Force Ghost

star 4
    Glancing over the RotS graphic novel again today, I notice that when Quin does get blown up, you can see his body getting fried!

Sorry, but there's no way he's coming back from that one.

Unless he's like Mala-Mala ...
  25. wild_karrde Chosen One

star 7
    Anakin got all 4 limbs cut off and was set on fire. He came back.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.